Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine Head Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The first single from Bloodstone & Diamonds ''Now We Die'' has leaked online.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The first single from Bloodstone & Diamonds ''Now We Die'' has leaked online.

The band have decided to let the leak stay online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I can see it growing on me!

The album version of Killers & Kings has also leaked online.

Behind the scenes look at the production of Machine Head's Bloodstone & Diamonds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Devil You Know out of Machine Head European Dates;

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/187918/9

Wonder if a decent replacement be sought, got ticket in the post this week Devil You Know actually printed on it too :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Emelia Spoiled Matt

Trying hard to get a ticket for these, last time I saw them was in the SFX in 1995

Bloodstone And Diamonds - Good album. Solid reliable Machine Head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Devil You Know out of Machine Head European Dates;

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/187918/9

Wonder if a decent replacement be sought, got ticket in the post this week Devil You Know actually printed on it too :o

Give Machine Head an extra 30 minutes instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Give Machine Head an extra 30 minutes instead!

If Rob's latest blog post is anything to go by, I think you may be getting your wish!

For those who want the TL;DR version of Robb's blog post, he's said that the band have refused every festival offer they’ve had for 2015 including Download and Sonisphere – because the band are “burnt out” by playing the events.

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-11-07/machine-head-burnt-out-by-festivals

Mael Mordha announced as support for Machine Head's Irish show next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Their second night gig in London clocked in at a mammoth 2 and a half hours, I don't expect us to get that much but I'm super pumped for the gig.

It is an impressive set Machine Head played last night.

Diary of a Madman (Ozzy Osbourne song)
    Imperium
    Beautiful Mourning
    Now We Die
    Bite the Bullet
    Locust
    From This Day
    Ten Ton Hammer
    Night of Long Knives
    Darkness Within
    Declaration
    Bulldozer
    Killers & Kings
    Davidian
    Sail Into the Black
    Struck a Nerve
    ****ing Hostile (Pantera cover)
    A New Level/I'm Broken/Domination/Mouth for War/Cowboys From Hell/Walk (Pantera medley)
    Aesthetics of Hate
    Game Over
    Old
    Halo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Used to love this band. Met them in 2011 and interviewed them, wasn't massively impressed by their conduct - you should never meet your idols - anyway, since then, their output (for me) has never come close to 'Through The Ashes of Empires' and I still don't understand this whole Adam leaving business

As far as I can see Robb Flynn reinvents himself (much like Green Day) for the current 14/15 year old fan and their older fans, those who were there to see them open for Slayer in 94 at the Ambassador, are more or less forgotten

Plus I didn't think highly of their new record in general, read a quote from a listener about it actually which made me laugh...
    He should put out a MH anthology called “you can't polish a turd”….****'s always going to be ****”

The Blackening was Machine Head's Master Of Puppets, Unto The Locust was a great follow up, but being the follow up to The Blackening - expectations were high, and in my opinion those expectations were met, now as far as Bloodstone & Diamonds go, i've had a couple of listens some great tracks and much like 1999's The Burning Red & 2001's Supercharger, it's a grower of an album.

As far as Adam Duce leaving, i think it was a good move as far as everyone was concerned, but that's just my opinion. Robb made his feeling s about Adam leaving pretty damn clear on Game Over. Maybe Adam was disillusioned, we'll never really know unless he decides to write an autobiography explaining why he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Really looking forward to the gig next week!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Really looking forward to the gig next week!

Same as, there've been some great gigs this year, hope these guys can put on as good a show as some of the others I've been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Probably not the best place to ask but... anyone looking to offload two tickets to the gig next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭evillive

anyone any idea what time Machine Head going to take to the stage?

Stage times for Machine Head tomorrow night

Doors open at 19:00,

Mael Mordha on at 19:00

Machine Head at 20:00

Stage times for Machine Head tomorrow night

Doors open at 19:00,

Mael Mordha on at 19:00

Machine Head at 20:00

Balls I'll have to do very well not miss the start

Balls I'll have to do very well not miss the start

I doubt Mael Mordha will be on-stage at 19:00 sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

I doubt Mael Mordha will be on-stage at 19:00 sharp.

If it's in The Academy then yes. They have a strict curfew and gigs have to be finished by 10pm approx.

Passenger wrote: »
    If it's in The Academy then yes. They have a strict curfew and gigs have to be finished by 10pm approx.

If i remember correctly, Trivium & Slayer had wrapped up by after 22:00, are you sure the curfew/cut off point isn't 23:00?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

If i remember correctly, Trivium & Slayer had wrapped up by after 22:00, are you sure the curfew/cut off point isn't 23:00?

Those gigs were weekday gigs though, weren't they? Fri/Sat gigs have a curfew as there's a nightclub at 11pm. Don't get caught out and miss half your band's set. ;)

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    Those gigs were weekday gigs though, weren't they? Fri/Sat gigs have a curfew as there's a nightclub at 11pm. Don't get caught out and miss half your bands set. ;)

Aye Trivium and Slayer were weekday shows in June & July respectively, so they probably relax the curfew during the summer, i don't know. Gutted that i can't head up Machine Head tomorrow night and The Shining ft. Marty Friedman/Kreator/Arch Enemy on Saturday.... Curse Christmas shopping.

Advertisement