Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-12-2011, 12:17   #16
Motley Crue

Send a message via Skype™ to Motley Crue
The Devil's Blood don't make it easy to get your attention, their MySpace was last updated in late October saying "this page will soon be deleted" and their official website, which they encouraged people to follow them on, is still under construction.

Poor management in terms of publicity.

http://www.thedevilsblood.com/
Advertisement
19-12-2011, 10:10   #17
metzengerstein

Asolutly love this band,debut album is amazing , i havent seen
a live show yet,but from what i see online i cant wait to get to a show.the costumes are awesome.someone mentioned the music is very light for the image,why does it need to be heavier,in my opinion everythig fits very well together,sometimes bands that are heavy but not too heavy can be more darker, and this is the case with ghost for me .
19-12-2011, 12:28   #18
Nea

I had to dig a bit for info myself

20-12-2011, 16:48   #19
devildriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley Crue View Post
The Devil's Blood don't make it easy to get your attention, their MySpace was last updated in late October saying "this page will soon be deleted" and their official website, which they encouraged people to follow them on, is still under construction.

Poor management in terms of publicity.

http://www.thedevilsblood.com/
Site seems to be working for me, what's more they are playing Dublin in February:

http://www.thedevilsblood.com/rituals.htm
20-12-2011, 23:09   #20
Motley Crue

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildriver View Post
Interesting, quite a random solitary show, hopefully more to follow

The video's don't seem to do them justice, have to be honest, Ghost seem to look more the part and their stage presence adds a lot to their performance. Plus with a female vocalist I'm not too fussed about seeing these guys now.
Advertisement
21-12-2011, 10:31   #21
Nea

Quote:
Plus with a female vocalist I'm not too fussed about seeing these guys now.
Any reason why? That sounds quite sexist that a female vocalist would put you off, I think her vocals really suit. Any live reviews I have read seem to be promising.

I am looking forward to seeing them in Feb, tickets are cheap and The Pint is a great little venue. They are also playing Manchester the night before.

I also hope the hint I dropped at home for their new album for Christmas has been picked up on
21-12-2011, 12:07   #22
devildriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chin_grin View Post
Well firstly thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In my honest opinion it's a classic case of style over substance. Their sound is WAAAAAY too light for their image. I was expecting some awesome drone or sludgey stuff (maybe like Sunn O))) ). But we got some old school heavy metal. Which isn't a bad thing, just doesn't fit. At all. I feel it's all been done before........by Mike Patton.

Yer man has an incredible voice, but still...........the image. It's like chalk and cheese.

Reminded me of a lighter Candlemass.

Ah Candlemas.........the one album I was in to. Never got in to their other stuff.
I'm with you there, the major dischord between the image and the sound is quite offputting. It's sort of like seeing Slipknot come on stage and launch into a sean nós session (which I'd gladly pay to see!).

In the end though, stage garb matters very little in the grand scheme of things and it's all about the tunes - I'll give them another spin.
Thanks from:
21-12-2011, 12:08   #23
Motley Crue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea View Post
Any reason why? That sounds quite sexist that a female vocalist would put you off, I think her vocals really suit. Any live reviews I have read seem to be promising.
No no, I would want to eliminate any sexist aspect from this straight away, to be honest there are many reasons why this band doesn't do it for me. It might seem a little shallow to say this but their image is a big deal and with this kind of music they look just like every other band on the Metal circuit whereas Ghost have made an effort to conceal their identity and put on a certain persona during the performance. I think, for me personally, this is a strong draw to their live set and their sound for me. I like the vocalist in Ghost and the band's music but their image also helps the package a lot, because they look different.

And for the record, while I have personally found it difficult to accept Metal bands with female vocalists over those with male vocalists (because I prefer the naturally deeper bass voice that a male voice-box is capable of producing in terms of my singing) there are still many, many good female artists out there performing in and/or fronting metal and hard rock bands - bands like Straight Line Stitch, The Donna's, Bleeding Through and Lacuna Coil to name but four I have personally seen live

There is no sexism involved in my choices whatsoever, I expect just as much hard work from both male and female musicians to obtain my personal "fandom" (if you want to use that word) and many of those musicians have while many musicians of both genders have also failed to impress me.
21-12-2011, 14:33   #24
Nea

Haha no worries, not trying to start a sexism war or anything.
Just thought you may have liked them as they are quite similar bands
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-12-2011, 16:28   #25
RayCon

Quote:
Interesting, quite a random solitary show, .....with a female vocalist I'm not too fussed about seeing these guys now.
Plus if she doubles up as the bands driver , she'll never get the van down the little alley behind The Pint.

I'll get me coat ....
17-04-2013, 23:23   #26
ush

17-04-2013, 23:37   #27
Passenger

Listened to Infestissumam there the other day and it didn't grab me as much as the fist album. The production is very good though. It was produced by Nick Raskulinecz (QOTSA, Stone Sour, Rush, Deftones, Foo Fighters) so it has a nice polished sound. Gonna give it another listen asap.
17-04-2013, 23:56   #28
Kess73

Send a message via Yahoo to Kess73
Not nuts on the new album. Just feels a little bit contrived.

Am loving the new Ancient VVisdom album though.
18-04-2013, 18:19   #29
RebelSoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea View Post
I had to dig a bit for info myself

Thanks to my insomnia I found myself reading this thread last night. So glad I did. Never heard this band before. They're great. Remind me of Roky Erickson mixed with Uli Jon Roth era Scorpions. Fantastic.
18-04-2013, 20:30   #30
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelSoul View Post
Thanks to my insomnia I found myself reading this thread last night. So glad I did. Never heard this band before. They're great. Remind me of Roky Erickson mixed with Uli Jon Roth era Scorpions. Fantastic.
That's not a bad description.

The Time of No Time Evermore was pretty good. Been meaning to get The Thousandfold Epicenter.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion