Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-08-2011, 18:22   #46
whydave

"There's something I must confess." "Shhh". said the wife, "There's nothing to confess. Everything's all right." "No" the husband replied "I must die in peace. I had sex with your sister, your best friend, her best friend and your best friend's mum!"
"I know," she whispered "That's why I poisoned you, you bastard!
Advertisement
21-08-2011, 20:45   #47
whydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggser View Post
hmmm my rape pic was worse then post #22 in this thread where that escaped the snip yeah

nothing against Magic Irl

(2) thanks from:
21-08-2011, 20:59   #48

Ha! Tactical facepalm........ geniouse
21-08-2011, 21:15   #49
moggser

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydave View Post
Quote:
hmmm my rape pic was worse then post #22 in this thread where that escaped the snip yeah

nothing against Magic Irl

See you vops command ya fake ya phoney. How many of Paul Carey's

Mod edit: <blubber blubber blubber>

Last edited by Steve; 21-08-2011 at 21:55.
21-08-2011, 21:28   #50
whydave

Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-08-2011, 21:35   #51
MerryDespot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post

I'm sure if any of you felt genuine fear of death in a game then you would use vastly different tactics.
I was just thinking the same thing Steve.

Example from earlier at HRTA. We're getting flanked by a group coming into the village. I know that there are two lads on the opposite side of a container at the leading edge of the village, both looking left. I know there are an indeterminate number of enemies (somewhere between 0 and everyone) to the right of that container between there and the river. So chances of getting brapped are high to certain. But I still leg it right around the container to brap the two lads - in the process getting taken out from two others in the ditch line on my right.

Any of the PDF lads who play laugh at the stuff that us walts get up to in airsoft (coming from an environment where taking their hits is not a yes/no option) - it's certainly not training us for anything other than running around shooting plastic bbs at each other (and then, not very well!).

Muscle memory is different. I'd actually agree with that point. But this is not an issue - after all none of us are going to be in a position to put this muscle memory to use on anything other than an airsoft gun - so it's a moot point.
(2) thanks from:
21-08-2011, 21:56   #52
Steve
Life is hard, deal with it.

Quote:
Mod edit: <blubber blubber blubber>
I don't understand Please explain in a week when your ban expires.
21-08-2011, 22:13   #53
Inari

Send a message via MSN to Inari
Muscle memory is a term that annoys the bejaysus out of me. It is a very specific thing. Your muscle memory is where your body ingrains a very specific neuromuscular pathway i.e. it triggers muscular reactions (that are in sequence) after a specific trigger (gun pun FTW). It requires constant adaptation, and takes quite a while to become finely ingrained.

It is not to be confused with practise, refinement, and adaptation. Muscle memory is completely sub conscious. An example is where prison guards in the states were trained to disarm convicts of knives/stabbing objects, and because in training they always flipped the knife around and handed it back, they did so in real life situations. It was finely ingrained, and their body just 'did'. If they had been aware, and not on auto pilot, they would have used the neuromuscular pathways, but stopped before they handed the knife back.

Muscle memory is almost a curse...you want to be fully adaptive, not autonomous. Why? You are not in control on auto-pilot, and you WILL make mistakes. You need to be aware. Practise makes permanent, especially when you're absent of thought
Thanks from:
22-08-2011, 22:56   #54
NakedDex

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydave View Post
Joking aside, I want the rail mounted bottle opener.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
22-08-2011, 23:10   #55
tonyj_mc

there ya go

http://www.urbanertslings.com/tacetaboopsl.html

Last edited by tonyj_mc; 22-08-2011 at 23:33.
(2) thanks from:
23-08-2011, 00:32   #56
NakedDex

I was actually just going to manufacture one in work on the mill, but for a tenner, it's worth the splash.
23-08-2011, 07:41   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyj_mc View Post
Rite thats annother part added to the project shopping list and I thought I could do this project from a minimulistic view lol I couldnt have been more wrong.....
23-08-2011, 15:43   #58
MerryDespot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyj_mc View Post
Thanks from:
24-08-2011, 01:26   #59
Irishmaster

Send a message via MSN to Irishmaster
Ive heard about lipos and what can happen but this is the first time ive seen this! Lol!
24-08-2011, 09:19   #60
Leftyflip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmaster View Post
Ive heard about lipos and what can happen but this is the first time ive seen this! Lol!
Have to say, in my year of using lipos - I've never had any issues or found them to be dangerous - must just be everyone else.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion