Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-05-2010, 00:14   #46
Malice

Send a message via Skype™ to Malice
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvervixen84 View Post
An Cruiscin Lán in Cork:

http://www.cruiscinlive.com/
I've been there a few times but each time I've been too drunk to notice the music . A perfect example would be a couple of weeks ago after the Dropkick Murphys gig. I remember the music being quite good in there but damned if I could remember any of the songs .
Advertisement
18-05-2010, 15:27   #47

Hey y'all ... there's a new Rock/Metal night starting up in The Academy in June ... it's going to be once a month on a friday and will play everything from classic rock to the heaviest of death metal ... THERE WILL BE NO EMO/SCREAMO/NU-METAL PUSSY ROCK CRAP WHATSOEVER ... just all the hard rock you can bang your head to.

Please befriend us on http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dub...7998300?ref=ts ... it'll be updated real soon with more details cos at the moment it's pretty barren.

And, importantly, there will be drink juicy promos all night long so it'll be easy on the pocket ... more details to follow!
18-05-2010, 17:41   #48
--LOS--
=^.^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gross Halfwit View Post
Hey y'all ... there's a new Rock/Metal night starting up in The Academy in June ... it's going to be once a month on a friday and will play everything from classic rock to the heaviest of death metal ... THERE WILL BE NO EMO/SCREAMO/NU-METAL PUSSY ROCK CRAP WHATSOEVER ... just all the hard rock you can bang your head to.

Please befriend us on http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dub...7998300?ref=ts ... it'll be updated real soon with more details cos at the moment it's pretty barren.

And, importantly, there will be drink juicy promos all night long so it'll be easy on the pocket ... more details to follow!
That sounds deadly, Dublin needs something like this!
18-05-2010, 18:22   #49
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by --LOS-- View Post
Dublin needs something like this!

Why do we need another Rock/Metal bar in Dublin we have 4 already?

Brux
Fibbers Rock Bar
Fibber Magees
Sonic Temple

They all do drinks promotions, (Brux and Fibbers Rock Bar play Classic Rock and Death Metal and focus on the 'adult' crowd) and they're already quiet enough as it is.
18-05-2010, 18:23   #50
--LOS--
=^.^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passenger View Post

Brux
Fibbers Rock Bar
Fibber Magees
Sonic Temple

They all do drinks promotions, (Brux and Fibbers Rock Bar play Classic Rock and Death Metal and focus on the 'adult' crowd) and they're already quiet enough as it is.
Bars are fine but somewhere with more of a club type atmosphere would be good like you see in other countries.
Advertisement
18-05-2010, 20:08   #51
Malice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passenger
Because this one won't be playing Emo, Nu Metal or Screamo. With an elitist attitude like that it'll obviously be great.
18-05-2010, 20:26   #52
--LOS--
=^.^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice_ View Post
Because this one won't be playing Emo, Nu Metal or Screamo. With an elitist attitude like that it'll obviously be great.
is it just me or is there sarcasm there?
18-05-2010, 21:51   #53
Malice

Quote:
Originally Posted by --LOS-- View Post
is it just me or is there sarcasm there?
Just a bit . I just really hate when people get elitist like that about certain genres of metal.
18-05-2010, 21:57   #54
--LOS--
=^.^=

Quote:
Just a bit . I just really hate when people get elitist like that about certain genres of metal.

I did hesitate myself when I read no screamo/nu-metal, I'd happily listen to all genres and if it's in the academy as a kind of club night, that sort of stuff would suit.
Advertisement
19-05-2010, 01:58   #55

Quote:
OK it appears as though this has sparked off somewhat of a situation. Allow me to clarify. I wasn't being elitist about music. I was merely stating what we would and would not be playing. I don't happen to like emo/screamo/nu-metal. I think it's bull**** ... it's just my taste and as a result it won't be played. I'm sorry if that offends your delicate omni-genre loving sensibilities. I've listened to enough emo/screamo bands in my day to know that I don't want to listen to anymore. I ain't just branding them all as **** just cause I was raised on Led Zeppelin & Motorhead.

If you enjoy emo/screamo/nu-metal then go ahead & fill your boots, mate. My distaste shouldn't affect you. If you don't want to listen to hard rock & heavy metal then don't come to the club. Easy as.

As for there being four other rock pubs/clubs in Dublin. So what? Theres tonnes of regular nightclubs in Dublin? Did the fifth nightclub in Dublin have doubts about it's existence?!

Fibber's Rock Bar is in a dead part of town. That site has hosted like five different pubs/restaurants in the last two-three years. And as has already been stated, it's quiet enough already.

Anytime I've been to Fibber Magee's it's been awash with piss & children.

Bruxelles is over priced & weenchie.

Well now. Lets put this to bed shall we.
19-05-2010, 13:02   #56
Malice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gross Halfwit View Post
I'm sorry if that offends your delicate omni-genre loving sensibilities. I've listened to enough emo/screamo bands in my day to know that I don't want to listen to anymore. I ain't just branding them all as **** just cause I was raised on Led Zeppelin & Motorhead.
I'm far from omni-genre loving, trust me, I just don't like entire genres being dismissed. If you don't like them then fine, that's your loss .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gross Halfwit
If you don't want to listen to hard rock & heavy metal then don't come to the club. Easy as.
Where did I say I didn't want to listen to those genres? Not that it matters really, I'm not from Dublin and don't go there too often so I'm unlikely to go to the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gross Halfwit
Lets put this to bed shall we.
Agreed!
19-05-2010, 13:14   #57

Might I suggest editing the Fibbers Rock Bar link to this:

http://www.fibbermagees.ie/Fibbers_2...page/home.html

....atrocity of a site (why with the spinning, headache-inducing flash WHY!?).

19-05-2010, 15:35   #58

@ Malice ... Smashing ...

What a rocky start eh?
24-05-2010, 01:26   #59
Zerroth

When I was living in The Hague in Holland for 3 months one bar called Brothers of Beer in Leiden would have been my weekly local metal bar. Awesome place.
24-05-2010, 19:02   #60
Malice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
When I was living in The Hague in Holland for 3 months one bar called Brothers of Beer in Leiden would have been my weekly local metal bar. Awesome place.
Thanks Zerroth, I've that added to the list.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion