Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-05-2009, 12:43   #46
tribesman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jip View Post
Nah, going to California is a nice and mellow song, Given to Fly is much more angrier with slow and fast bits. Don't see the similarity myself either.
i agree. slow then buildup to explosive chorus!
Advertisement
01-05-2009, 12:54   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jip View Post
Nah, going to California is a nice and mellow song, Given to Fly is much more angrier with slow and fast bits. Don't see the similarity myself either.
There are definately similarities there, even the band realise that. Thats why they had a bit of fun with Robert Plant when they played together in 2005, PJ played given to fly and that was immediately followed be going to california!
01-05-2009, 13:01   #48
tribesman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmosquito View Post
There are definately similarities there, even the band realise that. Thats why they had a bit of fun with Robert Plant when they played together in 2005, PJ played given to fly and that was immediately followed be going to california!
that show was in chicago right? red mosquito = one of my fav pearl jam songs. just had no code on today...brilliant
01-05-2009, 13:57   #49
jenizzle
Hosted Moderator

HMod: OTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribesman44 View Post
i wouldnt bother joining the ten club to get tix. it goes by how long people have been a member. the people who have been a member the longest get first shot at tix and its only a certain number set to go to ten club members. im not sure how big it is in europe, but in america, people have been members since like 1991 and if you join now you have like no shot at pit tix or anything. although, its still cool to join and get the xmas single and newsletters

ive been to about 10 of their shows and im not a ten club member. for me, its only worth it if i can get in the pit. floor seating tends to suck because you cant see very well. if im not in the pit, id rather be up in the stands for a better vantage point. but thats just my opinion
It only goes on seniority in the States mostly. I joined in '06 and got pretty good seats in MSG! I find the 10c membership very useful for the European shows as it gives the chance to get tix in a presale, and saves relying on Ticketmaster. Also, you get early entry - so I've been front row quite a few times

I have "Given to Fly" tattooed on my shoulder in Ed's handwriting from the Yield booklet - needless to say I kinda like the song and it beats getting a stickman tattoo
01-05-2009, 14:16   #50
tribesman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenizzle View Post
It only goes on seniority in the States mostly. I joined in '06 and got pretty good seats in MSG! I find the 10c membership very useful for the European shows as it gives the chance to get tix in a presale, and saves relying on Ticketmaster. Also, you get early entry - so I've been front row quite a few times

I have "Given to Fly" tattooed on my shoulder in Ed's handwriting from the Yield booklet - needless to say I kinda like the song and it beats getting a stickman tattoo
i might have to join then since im not living in ireland i cant wait to see them over here. concerts/festivals here have a totally different atmosphere....and better beer!

yea, stickman tattoo's have been killed. the green disease skull would be a cool one to get. a yield sign too, hahahaha. i got my first tattoo about 6 months ago...i want like 10 more now, haha
Advertisement
01-05-2009, 15:37   #51
thebigcheese22

Anyone here going to the gig in London?? If so I'll see ya there!!
01-05-2009, 16:29   #52
jenizzle
Hosted Moderator

I'll be in London... and Berlin and Manchester Feckin' loads of Irish will be there!
01-05-2009, 18:03   #53
tribesman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcheese22 View Post
Anyone here going to the gig in London?? If so I'll see ya there!!
trying to talk the wife into manchester and/or london. if not, i might go it alone, lol
01-05-2009, 19:43   #54

I'm all booked up for all four! it's gonna be epic!!

I've been right up front and right at the back, which does suck but as long as i'm in the room

They HAFTA play the new O2..the furthest seat from the stage is 63 meters!! you'll be close no matter where you are!
and theyre deffo due back here 'cos they skipped us last time..even though the tour before that they were rehearsing in the Point for a whole week! we were the first date of that tour though..hopefully they end a tour here someday..
Advertisement
01-05-2009, 19:54   #55
tribesman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimejinky99 View Post
I'm all booked up for all four! it's gonna be epic!!

I've been right up front and right at the back, which does suck but as long as i'm in the room

They HAFTA play the new O2..the furthest seat from the stage is 63 meters!! you'll be close no matter where you are!
and theyre deffo due back here 'cos they skipped us last time..even though the tour before that they were rehearsing in the Point for a whole week! we were the first date of that tour though..hopefully they end a tour here someday..
did tix go on sale yet? we need to meet up and have a mass drinking fest before the concerts start, lol
01-05-2009, 20:05   #56

got mine from tenclub..more expensive than Ticketbastard weirdly..but i don't care..it's gonna be huge!
02-05-2009, 00:27   #57

Quote:
I'll be in London... and Berlin and Manchester Feckin' loads of Irish will be there!
Same here. I wanted to go to Rotterdam as well, but I just can't afford it. Actually, I can't afford the other three either, but sure fúck it. Cannot wait.
02-05-2009, 20:57   #58
jenizzle
Hosted Moderator

There is a meet-up arranged for the Manchester!

See here. There isn't one arranged yet for the London show but no doubt there will be! Tribesman, you should go it alone if you have to! I went to see them in lots of places on my own... sometimes there's no better way!!
02-05-2009, 22:00   #59
tribesman44

Quote:
There is a meet-up arranged for the Manchester!

See here. There isn't one arranged yet for the London show but no doubt there will be! Tribesman, you should go it alone if you have to! I went to see them in lots of places on my own... sometimes there's no better way!!

i hate flying alone...thats my only gripe, lol. also, money might not allow for it....but ill try my best. i need to tailgate with some vino though, haha
02-05-2009, 22:34   #60

Just booked my flights. I'll get on a hostel for Berlin soon enough (any recommendations?).

For a while there, I though Springsteen was replacing Pearl Jam as the band/artist I was madly obsessive over. Since these concerts have been announced it's been nothing but PJ. It's good to be back

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion