Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
10-10-2019, 23:50   #3136
Stu Redman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental Mickey View Post
Pearl Jem are f@!&ing brilliant. Well worth checking out
Cheers Mickey, much appreciated.
Stu Redman is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-10-2019, 06:38   #3137
Penfailed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental Mickey View Post
Pearl Jem are f@!&ing brilliant. Well worth checking out
Going to see them in Belfast in about a month. A friend of mine from Wales (who I've never actually met IRL(!) is coming over for it). Really looking forward to it.
Penfailed is offline  
(3) thanks from:
11-10-2019, 14:58   #3138
Stu Redman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfailed View Post
Going to see them in Belfast in about a month. A friend of mine from Wales (who I've never actually met IRL(!) is coming over for it). Really looking forward to it.
There's quite an international contingent coming in for that gig, no pressure at all

Just wondering would your Welsh friend's initials be 'M.B.'?
Stu Redman is offline  
11-10-2019, 15:14   #3139
mimimcmc
Registered User
 
mimimcmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental Mickey View Post
Pearl Jem are f@!&ing brilliant. Well worth checking out
Seconded! Raging i'm missing tonight
Can't wait til there back in Limerick again
mimimcmc is offline  
11-10-2019, 19:39   #3140
Penfailed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Redman View Post
There's quite an international contingent coming in for that gig, no pressure at all

Just wondering would your Welsh friend's initials be 'M.B.'?
Yes indeed! I've known him in an online capacity for about 14 years.
Penfailed is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-10-2019, 13:41   #3141
Mushy
Registered User
 
Mushy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,536
Will there be a cork show next year? May not be in a position to see real deal (I'll make it work I'd say, but be hard).

Big shock that the announcement didn't happen on the 10th.
Mushy is offline  
12-10-2019, 23:24   #3142
Stu Redman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfailed View Post
Yes indeed! I've known him in an online capacity for about 14 years.
Haha, small world! Top guy, I'll see you both in Belfast so
Stu Redman is offline  
Thanks from:
12-10-2019, 23:25   #3143
Stu Redman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy View Post
Will there be a cork show next year? May not be in a position to see real deal (I'll make it work I'd say, but be hard).

Big shock that the announcement didn't happen on the 10th.
January 11th in Cyprus Avenue, hopefully see you there Mushy!
Stu Redman is offline  
Thanks from:
12-10-2019, 23:59   #3144
Mushy
Registered User
 
Mushy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Redman View Post
January 11th in Cyprus Avenue, hopefully see you there Mushy!
Excellent. Knew hadn't seen that on the venue page.
Mushy is offline  
Advertisement
01-11-2019, 18:12   #3145
Mushy
Registered User
 
Mushy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,536
Rumour mill back in full swing anyway. From a quick quote I saw, there wont be an irish show, but that could be based on a severe lack of reading by me
Mushy is offline  
01-11-2019, 18:30   #3146
keeponrockin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy View Post
Rumour mill back in full swing anyway. From a quick quote I saw, there wont be an irish show, but that could be based on a severe lack of reading by me
Yeah outdoors in Amsterdam,Berlin and Imola among others and 3 arena shows in unusual cities look nailed on..Hopefully heading back to the Waldbuhne/Wuldheide
keeponrockin is offline  
01-11-2019, 18:39   #3147
Mushy
Registered User
 
Mushy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeponrockin View Post
Yeah outdoors in Amsterdam,Berlin and Imola among others and 3 arena shows in unusual cities look nailed on..Hopefully heading back to the Waldbuhne/Wuldheide
London would appear to be outdoors, Werchter too. Tbh, I'll be very lucky to get to any show, but hopefully I can convince the right people to let me go
Mushy is offline  
03-11-2019, 09:38   #3148
Bassfish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeponrockin View Post
Yeah outdoors in Amsterdam,Berlin and Imola among others and 3 arena shows in unusual cities look nailed on..Hopefully heading back to the Waldbuhne/Wuldheide
I was at Wulheide in 2010, great venue. Easy to get to, east to get in, no mad qeues, well organised, easy to get back to the city afterwards. Compare that to Slane!
Bassfish is offline  
03-11-2019, 16:30   #3149
exilec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 241
Am i the only one that would love to give that demitrious lad on ten club a dig ??
exilec is offline  
Thanks from:
03-11-2019, 17:04   #3150
PTH2009
Registered User
 
PTH2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by exilec View Post
Am i the only one that would love to give that demitrious lad on ten club a dig ??
some PJ/EV fans are dickheads

Got a mouthful off 2 brazilian ***** at the show in November for recording a snippet of the gig.
PTH2009 is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet