Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tacx Neo

• 07-10-2019 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone on here has any thoughts on this trainer and also whether the Neo2 is worth the additional money?

I have been using a Flow for years and the Tacx software with that was so buggy I just used its own headunit to avoid having to use the Tacx program - hoping that things have moved on for the better? Would like to use it with some of the online apps out there now (been a while since I trained for a tri but have entered a 70.3 for next year so getting back on the horse).

DC Rainmaker doesn't seem to provide much justification for the Neo 2 despite the hefty price tag compared to the original version.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

EC1000 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone on here has any thoughts on this trainer and also whether the Neo2 is worth the additional money?

I have been using a Flow for years and the Tacx software with that was so buggy I just used its own headunit to avoid having to use the Tacx program - hoping that things have moved on for the better? Would like to use it with some of the online apps out there now (been a while since I trained for a tri but have entered a 70.3 for next year so getting back on the horse).

DC Rainmaker doesn't seem to provide much justification for the Neo 2 despite the hefty price tag compared to the original version.

I've been using a tax neo since they came out. Freely admit not as much as I should. Software has been good. Tacx stuff on PC and tablet. Also works with any FE-C trainer software.

Main difference could be more clearance on the Neo2T for some bikes.

Not sure where you are based but welcome to try my 1st gen neo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i have a neo but use it with zwift, not the tacx software. does it do anything you can't do with a much cheaper trainer, not really, but it does do it a lot better and the zwift interaction can bring a lot more variety to training.

it is a lot of money, but personally i found it totally worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Thanks both, have read your positive replies and lots more online so pulled the trigger today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

EC1000 wrote: »
    Thanks both, have read your positive replies and lots more online so pulled the trigger today.

Great piece of kit. You'll be happy with the purchase. Enjoy ;)

P.

Advertisement