Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
25-09-2019, 14:39   #1
Bombaby1974
Registered User
 
Bombaby1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Download 2020 Day tickets

Hi Folks,
Any idea when day tickets for Download usually go on sale?

Thanks in advance.
Bombaby1974 is offline  
Advertisement
25-09-2019, 15:14   #2
Wrongway1985
Registered User
 
Wrongway1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,273
Not for awhile they'll want to shift as much weekend passes for now, quick check on their forums and for this years event it was end of March before they went on sale.

IMO by that stage I'd say it'll transpire whatever act you're venturing for will be playing at a more desirable venue elsewhere.
Wrongway1985 is offline  
25-09-2019, 16:53   #3
Bombaby1974
Registered User
 
Bombaby1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongway1985 View Post
Not for awhile they'll want to shift as much weekend passes for now, quick check on their forums and for this years event it was end of March before they went on sale.

IMO by that stage I'd say it'll transpire whatever act you're venturing for will be playing at a more desirable venue elsewhere.
It's Maiden so definitely playing a more desirable venue (Belfast) a couple of days after but would like to do both shows. Only those 2 shows around these parts next year so they say.
They'll probably head off to South America/Asia or somewhere after that.
Bombaby1974 is offline  
Thanks from:
25-09-2019, 21:23   #4
Wrongway1985
Registered User
 
Wrongway1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,273
Ah right okay i'd imagine there'll be more dates in Europe, it's a quality show saw it twice in 2018 they've hinted there could be a change or two when they do it next year. Out of the times I've seen them Donington 2013 was actually the most underwhelming they even scrapped plans they had of a live release that was planned. I don't believe Download has sold out any of days since about 12 or 13 so I'd be pretty confident you won't need to rush into purchasing anyway.
Wrongway1985 is offline  
26-09-2019, 14:18   #5
Bombaby1974
Registered User
 
Bombaby1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongway1985 View Post
Ah right okay i'd imagine there'll be more dates in Europe, it's a quality show saw it twice in 2018 they've hinted there could be a change or two when they do it next year. Out of the times I've seen them Donington 2013 was actually the most underwhelming they even scrapped plans they had of a live release that was planned. I don't believe Download has sold out any of days since about 12 or 13 so I'd be pretty confident you won't need to rush into purchasing anyway.
Deadly stuff. Yeah did Belfast, Manchester and Birmingham in 2018 and even got to meet them in Manchester as they were in our hotel!! Cousin went to New York to see them in July I think it was so Download will be another great excuse to head across the water to see the tour again!!
Bombaby1974 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-09-2019, 23:31   #6
c.p.w.g.w
Registered User
 
c.p.w.g.w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,373
Anyone know where i can get information about where to stay off site(no camping) and ways to get o the festival and back?
c.p.w.g.w is offline  
01-10-2019, 19:10   #7
Wrongway1985
Registered User
 
Wrongway1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.p.w.g.w View Post
Anyone know where i can get information about where to stay off site(no camping) and ways to get o the festival and back?
Doubtful you'll get any non camping in the immediate area you'd have to likely travel in from Derby, Long Eaton or Notts. Skylink run services from the airport to those just check their timetables in the case of Derby I'm sure they run DL specific shuttle buses.
Wrongway1985 is offline  
02-10-2019, 19:33   #8
psychozeb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.p.w.g.w View Post
Anyone know where i can get information about where to stay off site(no camping) and ways to get o the festival and back?
stay in Derby or Loughborough,there is buses to east midlands airport from them and regular shuttle buses to Derby. stayed in a travel lodge in Loughborough a few years back and got the bus back and forth,about 25 min trip.
psychozeb is offline  
02-10-2019, 19:36   #9
frag420
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.p.w.g.w View Post
Anyone know where i can get information about where to stay off site(no camping) and ways to get o the festival and back?
Stayed st the Pentotel in Derby this year, buses to festival go from train station which was five mins away, great location.
frag420 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet