Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crew available / crew wanted

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭ncounties

Available for crew along east coast, maybe west..maybe anywhere? Possibly moving to the east coast for the winter and spring. I'm an enthusiastic beginner, completed the RYA level 1 and 2 sailing courses. Looking for anything really, maintenance, crewing, can take longer trips on board too. Available most of the time, looking for something more long-term if possible. I am eager to learn. Thanks !

Have you ever thought of joining or trying out the likes of Sailing in Dublin Club (SID). Dun Laoghaire based.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NMcG85

Hi

I have recently moved to DunLaoghaire and living by the coast am keen to sail on a regular basis .
    I have just completed my Day Skipper and would like to gain more experiance crewing. Cruising or Racing

If anyone has a position available I would be most gratful of the oppertunity

N

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭cbreeze

NMcG85 wrote: »
    Hi

I have recently moved to DunLaoghaire and living by the coast am keen to sail on a regular basis .
    I have just completed my Day Skipper and would like to gain more experiance crewing. Cruising or Racing

If anyone has a position available I would be most gratful of the oppertunity

N

as the previous poster suggests, try Sailing in Dublin.ie for helming experience. If you just want to crew, contact the local yacht clubs. In season they are all looking for crew and will welcome an enthusiastic crew member who is keen, and more importantly, shows up on time and does not the boat down by no-shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kas234

Hi,

April 2018 - Require reliable and enthusiastic crew for sailing a 23 foot Ruffian Keel Boat in DBSC races & Regattas through the 2018 season - sailing out of DMYC club on the west pier Dun Laoghaire on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm.

Experience is welcome but not necessary. Please PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Peter_Griffin

Hello,

I am available to crew in Cork area. I have done Level 2 and Improver on 20ft keelboat. Otherwise I've been dinghy sailing on and off over the years. Also signed up to Day Skipper course this summer. Hoping to develop my skills and eventually get my own boat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,026 ✭✭✭✭neris

Late notice: have space on a Howth 17 for lambay tomorrow morning if anyone wants to sail.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

Hi, As my usual boat has relocated to the east coast I'm seeking a Berth on Yacht sailing out of Cork South West ports.
    I have Day Skipper course & a number of other qualifications. I have experience with Power Boats & training around Safety at sea, First Aid. In the future, I'm aiming to refresh my First Aid & few other certs. I'm good company, can cook reasonable food & only complain when someone misses buying a round of drinks.:p I look fwd to speaking with you soon.
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Higgy12

Hi,

We're looking for up to 3 crew for some competitive racing this summer. Any level of experience is welcome. We sail out of Malahide once a week which is mainly on the weekend. If interested please send PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Smollo1

Hi there,

We are 2 good humoured coastal skipper level crew looking to join a transatlantic crossing this autumn. Combined skills include experienced boat mechanic with good knowledge of electronics, certified VHF, great cooking skills, first aid and combined nautical miles 5k. including delivery trips. References available upon request. Look forward to hearing from you

• Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask.
    I'm taking part in a charity swim on July 20th from Clare to Galway as part of a 2 man relay
    As a requirement of taking part in the swim, I need a support boat.

The requirements are:
    Must be between 4m and 10m in length
    * Recommended:
    5 meter RIB with a minimum of 50HP engine

Captain needs to have a powerboat licence, boat insurance, and a VHF radio on board
    Lifejackets are mandatory for all crew and relay team swimmers

If anyone is interested in helping me, can you please send me a PM, and I can answer any questions, and provide further details.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭DonalK1981

Anyone fancy sailing south from Ireland on the 28/29 July?

DonalK1981 wrote: »
    Anyone fancy sailing south from Ireland on the 28/29 July?
    Where are you thinking of sailing to ?
    What is duration of the voyage ?
    Will the boat trip end at Departure Port ?
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭DonalK1981

Sailing towards the Med, no return to the departure point.

Ok thanks. P

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Van Doozy

Anyone know of boats seeking crew in Dun Laoghaire for racing in Sep / Oct / Nov?

I have plenty of free weekends this autumn and would love to get involved in racing.

I have zero racing experience but do have my day skipper and also some keelboat experience so not a complete novice.

I'm told there are always opportunities for crew but it does seem to be 'word of mouth' for the most part so if anyone has any hot leads I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Not much happening in Sep /Oct but the November Turkey shoot series might be a good start. 7 or 8 Sunday morning races starting in November. Not serious racing, more a fun series.

Last year: http://raceview.ie/event_5/series/195/

I'll pm you with someone to get in touch with.

Thanks for the info Steve, appreciated.

Steve kindly sent me on contact info for Turkey shoot so my name's gone forward.

Just putting it up here again too on the off chance any forumites are seeking a willing participant.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 callumco

Looking for crew - there is a few of us with boats in Dun Laoghaire marina (32ft, 36ft) that sail throughout the year - this time of year it's shorter trips but we get out any chance we can weather permitting, including night sailing. Anyone interested in being added to our crew whatsapp group just pm me your details and info on any experience you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Higgy12

Hi, We are looking for crew to sail from Malahide. Training is being ran at the moment. Racing will being when restrictions are eased. Please PM if interested. Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

Hi

Started my training (Powerboat Level2 and Sea Survival done, doing Competent Crew mid August) and I'm now looking to get some experience before hopefully getting my own boat.

If anyone has any opportunity, Dublin Region from Malahide to Greystone, please PM me.

I'm 48, in reasonable physical condition and eager to learn.

P.

Advertisement