Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CAD courses online

• 16-04-2019 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a good online CAD training provider?

I have been a construction professional for a number of years but am looking to diversify a bit. I am between jobs at the minute so have the time to this. Ideally a course that has some form of recognized certification at the end, but not one that is going to take me a year to complete.

Advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Do you have your own copy of the program you want to learn in?

If you do you could do an online course and then do a test with the program provider to get certification. Solidworks and Autodesk both have this option as far as I know.

For the online course you could check and see if the program provider do online training, Solidworks and Autodesk do, they tend to be expensive though. There are loads of good online courses though, in general you need your own copy of the program.

If you don't have a copy of the program then it becomes tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Do you have your own copy of the program you want to learn in?

If you do you could do an online course and then do a test with the program provider to get certification. Solidworks and Autodesk both have this option as far as I know.

For the online course you could check and see if the program provider do online training, Solidworks and Autodesk do, they tend to be expensive though. There are loads of good online courses though, in general you need your own copy of the program.

If you don't have a copy of the program then it becomes tricky.

I was speaking with a friend of mine earlier, he is an architectural technician. He was telling me that Revit was the way to go.

I was speaking with a friend of mine earlier, he is an architectural technician. He was telling me that Revit was the way to go.

Revit, Solidworks or Autocad? Pros/cons?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Revit, Solidworks or Autocad? Pros/cons?

Revit is the software of choice for architectural, m&e etc

you can do a Revit course on a Saturday in :

http://www.dublindesign.ie/other-courses/revit-and-bim

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

dvcireland wrote: »
    Revit is the software of choice for architectural, m&e etc

you can do a Revit course on a Saturday in :

http://www.dublindesign.ie/other-courses/revit-and-bim

Recently completed the Revit Essentials course. Made contact with a number of architectural firms locally but not one response. I wasn’t told at the start of the course that a Revit licence costs around €8,000 a year, only learned that on completion. I can only work part time so I cannot see a firm hiring someone like myself to use a program costing that much if it could lay idle half the week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement