Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Legalize sulky racing with moving obstacles?

Options
2»

Comments

That's what I mean. Harness racing use sulkies, but given the negative connection to sulky racing, they've had to name it harness racing. However, harness racing is the legal form of sulky racing.

Thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

That's what I mean. Harness racing use sulkies, but given the negative connection to sulky racing, they've had to name it harness racing. However, harness racing is the legal form of sulky racing.

Yes I know its done on a track etc which changes things but the equipment and training etc is the same. I don't see why we can't built big tracks for people here and make festivals of it something that everyone can enjoy travelers have some good trainers.

Location is so much with horses. Going out cross country and being in an enclosure even when doing the same thing are actually two totally different things.

Plus they could compete and even go international etc. I think its a great idea. I would totally support it.

And if people have a track they won't use roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Yes I know its done on a track etc which changes things but the equipment and training etc is the same. I don't see why we can't built big tracks for people here and make festivals of it something that everyone can enjoy travelers have some good trainers.

Location is so much with horses. Going out cross country and being in an enclosure even when doing the same thing are actually two totally different things.

Plus they could compete and even go international etc. I think its a great idea. I would totally support it.

Why don't they join the Irish Harness Racing Association and race on a proper track?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

There are big tracks here, there are festivals/weekends, and this is an international sport. The only reason they don't get used is because it means actually going by the rules and looking after their horses.

Travellers don’t want race tracks. They reckon that it’s their right to race on public roads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement