Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So your looking for a club - LOOK HERE FIRST (NO CHAT)

15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Looking to start Bjj around inner city Dublin. In particular, I'll love to start doing competitions when the time comes - so a club that has somewhat a focus on competitions would be great.

Any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DArcher

I would like to start wrestling. Is there any wrestling clubs? I know of Hercules but there's literally no information on their website on times and classes...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

DArcher wrote: »
    I would like to start wrestling. Is there any wrestling clubs? I know of Hercules but there's literally no information on their website on times and classes...

No idea im afraid. Perhaps check irishwrestling.org - they also have a facebook page. They might be able to assist?

Jorge Santos would be my first thought upon reading this

Looks like it's closed down :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 skindoh

Any Judo clubs in Kildare?
    I live near Newbridge, so looking somewhere close - Naas, Newbridge, Carlow direction maybe...

Looks like it's closed down :(

Nevermind, they moved location, around the corner from their old location :).

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

DArcher wrote: »

they train tuesdays and thursday at 7.30, and i think a few of them meet on saturdays for extra training, you need to join the hercules club to wrestle, 30 euro for membership and 85 euro for 3 months, you get full access to gym aswell as wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Nevermind, they moved location, around the corner from their old location :).

also check out fantom mma on moore street, they train bjj on mon, tues at 7.30 and on thurs at 5.45

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

Looking for some martial art clubs around Maynooth...any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xyl.az

Hi,

HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) Club in Cork teaching swordfighting / medieval combat combat systems:

[UPDATE - new beginners classes added]

Flyer-new-v3.jpg

More info:
    www.corkblademasters.com
    www.facebook.com/corkblademasters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Am interested in joining a club. Red Star is the closest to me (that I can find anyways)

Has anyone experience with this gym?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Hi Guys

I have been boxing the last 10 years or so but would now like to take up BJJ.

Can anyone recommend any beginners classes in the West Dublin area ?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hi Guys

I have been boxing the last 10 years or so but would now like to take up BJJ.

Can anyone recommend any beginners classes in the West Dublin area ?

thanks

It might depend on where exactly you mean by West Dublin. SBG on the Naas road is a good option imo. There's also an SBG opening in tallaght. If you are further north there are other options over that side.

Might be worth asking in the BJJ Thread also

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xyl.az

Cork Blademasters - HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) Club teaching swordfighting / medieval combat combat system:

A5_Flyer-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Darrenc74852

Hey guys

i am currently looking for a new club and new martial art style preferably in the Dublin city center or north Dublin area. I come from a shotokan karate background and have done a small bit of judo, kickboxing and MMA. I haven't practiced in over two years and i am looking to get back into martial arts and maybe try something new and different. I would like to train in a small gym/Do-Jo that isnt to full or mainstream, somewhere cheap that i can pay per-class or per week (price is the biggest factor for me, what happened to paying 5 euro a class lol). friendly and easy going.

Kind regards
    Darren

**Also i hope you dont mind me leaving a post,I really like what you done to bring the martial art community together**

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭thefizz

Hey guys

i am currently looking for a new club and new martial art style preferably in the Dublin city center or north Dublin area. I come from a shotokan karate background and have done a small bit of judo, kickboxing and MMA. I haven't practiced in over two years and i am looking to get back into martial arts and maybe try something new and different. I would like to train in a small gym/Do-Jo that isnt to full or mainstream, somewhere cheap that i can pay per-class or per week (price is the biggest factor for me, what happened to paying 5 euro a class lol). friendly and easy going.

Kind regards
    Darren

**Also i hope you dont mind me leaving a post,I really like what you done to bring the martial art community together**

Kantanni Karate-Do in Blanchardstown. Fees are very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jerry40

Hi all. Dose any know of any day time classes in limerick city. I work in the city and have a couple of hours off during the day and was hoping to take up a martial art. I have done judo years ago and shotokan karate.
    Any kelp please.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Klopp

Hi Guys, Does anyone know of Muay Thai classes for beginners close to Baldoyle or Dublin 13 area?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrshappy

Anyone know of tkd classes in Cork for adults. My children do tkd and hoping by me doing classes I can help them along as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Andrew H

Hello all, I have recently moved to Cobh from Dublin and I am looking for a BJJ club in the area to train with.

I have received my Brown Belt form Balance Ireland and I am looking to keep training, get my fitness back and reach Black Belt.

Can anyone recommend a club to train with?

Thanks,
    Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Andrew H wrote: »
    Hello all, I have recently moved to Cobh from Dublin and I am looking for a BJJ club in the area to train with.

I have received my Brown Belt form Balance Ireland and I am looking to keep training, get my fitness back and reach Black Belt.

Can anyone recommend a club to train with?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Might be best to post innthe BJJ thread

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057558818/33#105641059

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dardis

Royal Grappling Academy Dublin. We've recently moved to Junction 6 Castleknock, super easy to get to, its on an exit on the M50.

Should be able to find everything here. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Team Ryano Mountrath now open in the old Brigidine convent in Mountrath. Head coach is John Ging and there is BJJ, MMA and Kickboxing classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Hi lads;

Am looking for recommendations/info on Kali/Silat/FMA in South County Dublin or Dublin city.

Most websites are pretty out of date, I would have just given Dave Hedges and Wild Geese a shout but they have pulled their FMA classes at the moment.

Any info much appreciated. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SATORI - D15

SATORI

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & Mixed Martial Arts

Dublin 15

Check out our website or call on 0831523568

All the best, John.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gabhan

Kerry Shotokan Karate

Classes at Killarney, Tralee, Milltown and Killorglin

Check out our website https://kerrymartialarts.ie/

Thanks,

Gabhan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Seriously lads, how many years is this thread going and no one's seen fit to add an apostrophe and an E in the title? 😁

Post edited by JayRoc on

Advertisement