Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Harold's Cross Bus Lane - New Enforcement

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

There was a problem with cars parked all along on St Raephaela's Rd in Sandyford - made it clearway and no parking. Magic.

Yes but tickets were issued and a lot.

In town it seems you can get away with quite a lot from clearway in ranelagh to major bus stops such as ranelagh, Dawson st, Eden quay, rathmines, Camden at, Georges st.... So much much more and no tickets or clamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I noticed this in Ranelagh, the clearway is just treated as free parking. Same in Stoneybatter, except in Stoneybatter the road is like the surface of the moon so when you have to go on front of cars you find your bones may have vibrated out of your body by the time you've cleared the parked cars.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Bigus wrote: »
    Yeah like in the UK where innocent people are fined for letting ambulances go, by pulling ever so slighty into a bus lanes .
    If you go down this cctv road, eventually you end up at something like Brexit, no thanks . Over policing of minor stuff and harassment of law abiding citizens in the UK has led to a breakdown in society.
    You heard it here guys - Brexit is because of bus lane enforcement.
    cgcsb wrote: »
    Camera enforcement would be profitable I reckon.
    Most people know that traffic fines are a loss-maker. Amount of money it costs to issue the fines is greater than what you get from the fines.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Quick update. Morons in the right lane are stopping at the last bollard to merge into the (packed) left lane even when there is no traffic stopped to turn right at the bridge, and the right lane is clear on green lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

spockety wrote: »
    Quick update. Morons in the right lane are stopping at the last bollard to merge into the (packed) left lane even when there is no traffic stopped to turn right at the bridge, and the right lane is clear on green lights.

They need a box and not a yellow painted one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Fizzy Duck

Bollards are gone since the road was resurfaced about 2 weeks ago. Adding 5-10 minutes onto each bus journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Fizzy Duck wrote: »
    Bollards are gone since the road was resurfaced about 2 weeks ago. Adding 5-10 minutes onto each bus journey.

Surely not that much?

Traffic levels, certainly prior to 09:00, haven't been particularly heavy at all.

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Surely not that much?

Traffic levels, certainly prior to 09:00, haven't been particularly heavy at all.

They are queuing from Greenmount Avenue at times. So it can be a slow crawl to the bus stop. Particularly lunch time/evening peak I've noticed past 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

They are queuing from Greenmount Avenue at times. So it can be a slow crawl to the bus stop. Particularly lunch time/evening peak I've noticed past 2 weeks.

To be fair that’s not the same as “each bus journey”. It does helps when you put a context in.

The main peak flow inbound used to be before 09:00 and that hasn’t returned yet, which is why I questioned your statement.

Hopefully the wands will be reinstated, as sadly it seems the only way to enforce the bus lane, but it is at the same time also fair to say that bus journey times on most Dublin Bus routes through the city are still faster overall than those from pre-Covid times.

LXFlyer wrote: »
    To be fair that’s not the same as “each bus journey”. It does helps when you put a context in.

The main peak flow inbound used to be before 09:00 and that hasn’t returned yet, which is why I questioned your statement.

Hopefully the wands will be reinstated, as sadly it seems the only way to enforce the bus lane, but it is at the same time also fair to say that bus journey times on most Dublin Bus routes through the city are still faster overall than those from pre-Covid times.

Oh defintely. It's relaxing enough pottering along at 30km/h. It is just frustrating to see the queues returning once the wands disappeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Kevtherev1

All resurfacing has been completed. New white lines and bus / cycle white pics completed.
    All the bollards have been reinstalled as they where for last 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭alentejo

I think the main issue for bus journeys on the route are the traffic light sequences and the canal. They now have an additional pedestrian phase. I.e. North/South traffic green, pedestrian phase, Canal East/West phase, pedestrian....

Advertisement