Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

how do ye point honey?? i've gotten back into baking,,my poor hips wont be happy:rolleyes: and i'm making a honey loaf today so that's all i've left to point,,gorgeous day out,,says me sitting at laptop with no intentions of going walking:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

tantipie wrote: »
    how do ye point honey?? i've gotten back into baking,,my poor hips wont be happy:rolleyes: and i'm making a honey loaf today so that's all i've left to point,,gorgeous day out,,says me sitting at laptop with no intentions of going walking:D

The pocket book says 1tsp (15g) is 1pp, have it every morning in my smoothie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'd a bit of a bad weekend after a great week. I'd saved up nearly all my weeklies for drinking on Saturday night as my friend was having a get together in her house. I was drinking vodka and 0pp mixers but then the munchies came out. I nibbled on Pringles and Maltesers and then later in the night I caved to sausages and pizza. I had 2 cocktail sausages and about 3 slices of pizza. I was really annoyed with myself yesterday but the stupid hangover was urging me to eat bad stuff :o I didn't do TOO badly though. I did succumb to a Maltesers ice-cream, but while everyone else was having a huge fry for breakfast I had cereal. I snuck two pieces of white pudding off my bf's plate but it could have been worse. I did pick up a sausage at one stage but when I felt the grease on it I put it back down! I drank a bottle of Lucozade (5pp :() and then went out for grub last night with a few of my friends. I was dying for a pizza but went for the arrabiatta, but then also had garlic bread :rolleyes: Only drank water though. I didn't even add up all my points for Saturday night and yesterday.

WI is tomorrow night and I've a feeling I might be up. I can't even get out for a walk this evening as I have college straight after work. Was really hoping to have another good WI as I'm heading away for 2 nights this weekend and will be eating out and drinking both nights. Fingers crossed for a miracle on the scales..!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Well I had the worst weekend ever (WW-wise) but a great weekend otherwise!
    Was out for dinner saturday night and at a party afterwards and had tonnes of cocktail sausages and little sambos and gin and diet 7ups ... then yesterday my bro-in-law cooked up the fry for brekkie and we even had icecream from the icecream van!

Went for a 10k walk around the mountain but had singapore noodles for dinner AND some popcorn and a little beer.

I can't face WI on wednesday as I just know I'll be up. Will have to get out exercising every day for a week and hope I'll be ok by next week!

Another work dinner out tonight! It's like the world is against me, ha ha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Lady Lainy wrote: »

Does anyone have a basic muffin base recipe? I'd love to try banana muffins, but all the ones i've found are kinda 5 or 6pp each. i like to keep my muffins to around the 4pp mark,

Just found this on the WW uk recipie swap page...
    Banana Muffins

Servings | 12
    [URL="javascript:windowOpen('Points.aspx',350,350,0,1)"]Estimated ProPoints® value per serving[/URL] | 4
    Course | Cakes & Bakes

dots_393.gif

dots_393.gif

Ingredients

75 g Stork Stork SB Spread
    250 g Flour, Wheat, White, Self Raising
    1 teaspoons (as purchased) Baking Powder
    1/2 teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
    1 pinch Salt
    1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoons (level) Nutmeg, Ground
    115 g Sugar, Caster
    1 teaspoons (level) Vanilla Extract
    3 medium Banana
    2 medium Egg, Whole
    4 fl oz Milk, Semi Skimmed

InstructionsHeat the oven to 190c/375F/Gas 5

Melt the stork and allow to cool, mash the bananas well.

Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarb, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a large bowl, add the sugar and stir through

With a fork, beat together the eggs, vanilla extract, melted stork and milk in separate bowl. Add the mashed bananas and stir though.

Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet mixture and stir together roughly using a fork. Don't over mix, you are looking for a lumpy paste.

Spoon into 12 muffin cases in the tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until they come away from the sides when cooked.

Let me know how it goes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

I had the worst weekend:( WW wise and in general...i dont evn want to rehash how bad it was.BUT.....today is a new week and WI is 2morrow so fingers crossed i havntdone too much damage!!

The only plus of the weekend was i finaly saw the change in me having lost 19lbs since jan!!! Was geting ready for town and while puttin on me tan i saw myself in d mirror n went holy crap my belly is goin!!! nd then my mum called me a skinny b***h(in a good way) and when my bf collected me i got a WOW as i sat to the car!!! It was the best reaction ever!!!! So iv got a bit of confidance bac now and with About another st to go(my own goal, dont know my ww1) iv started this week full of the joys of life.....aint nothing gonna pull me down.....ONWARDS AND DOWNWARDS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

[URL="JavaScript:AddToMyFavorites()"]icon_fav.gif[/URL] [URL="JavaScript:AddToMyFavorites()"]Favourites[/URL] [URL="JavaScript:AddToFoodTracker()"]icon_ptstrack.gif[/URL] [URL="JavaScript:AddToFoodTracker()"]Add to ProPoints® Tracker[/URL] [URL="JavaScript:RecipeEditLink()"]editIcon.gif[/URL] [URL="JavaScript:RecipeEditLink()"]Edit[/URL] [URL="JavaScript:PrintPage()"]icon_print.gif[/URL] [URL="JavaScript:PrintPage()"]Print[/URL] [URL="JavaScript:SendToAFriend()"]icon_email.gif[/URL] [URL="JavaScript:SendToAFriend()"]Email[/URL] bakedapplescrunchyoat_n_lg.jpgspace.gif

ProPoints® Value: 1
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 10 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Roasting apples enhances their sweetness and is a delicious way to highlight fresh fruit in dessert recipes. We added an oat-based topping for flavour and crunch.

Ingredients

5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled 4 medium Apple, sweet-baking variety such as Gala 1/2 teaspoons Artificial Sweetener 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon 1/2 teaspoons (level) Nutmeg, Ground 50 g The Co-Operative Healthy Living Oatmeal, Quick Cook, Raw 1/2 teaspoons Artificial Sweetener 1/4 teaspoons Cinnamon 2 individual Egg White, beaten until frothy Instructions
    • Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/220ºC/425ºF. Coat a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
    • To make filling, peel and core apples; cut each apple into six 1/4-inch-thick slices. In a medium bowl, combine apples, sweetener, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss to combine. Spread apple mixture over prepared baking sheet so apples are mostly in a single layer. Bake for 5 minutes; flip apples with a spatula and bake for 5 minutes more.
    • Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Spread oat mixture over another nonstick baking sheet and bake until lightly browned and crisp, about 2 minutes.
    • To serve, place 6 slices of apple in each of 4 shallow bowls and top each with about 2 tablespoons of oat topping.

Pork, Thyme and Pak Choi Stir Fry

ProPoints® Value: 6
    Servings:
    Preparation Time:
    10 min
    Cooking Time:
    10 min
    Level of Difficulty:
    Easy

Stir-fries are quick, healthy and nutritious – and this one tastes so good!

Ingredients
    100 g Noodles, Rice, Dried
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    350 g Pork, Fillet, Lean, Raw, trimmed and thinly sliced
    2 clove(s) Garlic, finely sliced
    2 1/2 teaspoons (grated) Ginger, Root
    3 tablespoons Sweet Chilli Sauce
    1 tablespoons Thyme, Fresh
    1 medium Pepper, Red, deseeded and sliced
    3 portion(s) Pak Choi, quartered
    5 medium Spring Onions, sliced diagonally
    Instructions
    · Put the noodles into a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover them. Set aside for 5-6 minutes.
    · Meanwhile, heat a wok or large non-stick frying pan and spray with calorie controlled cooking spray. Add the pork and stir-fry over a high heat for 4-5 minutes until just cooked. Lower the heat a little and add the garlic and ginger, stir-frying for 2-3 more minutes.
    · Add the chilli sauce, thyme, pepper, pak choi and spring onions and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes, adding a splash of water if needed. Serve with the drained noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Well, I'm just back from a week in the canaries for a wedding. Dreading WI on Thursday, I didn't consider WW at all while I was there. Basically just drank and ate for the week, far too many cocktails and frys for breakfast. The only thing I was good about was making sure I drank diet coke/7up. Going to try and be really good until Thurs now to hopefully help some of the damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Elliex wrote: »
    I went to my WI this week and was up 3 1/2 i was disguted:mad: it was my totm but i had been really good and did 3 days of cto5k, then to make matters worse i asked what my goal was (as im only starting back ) and she said to loose 3 stone :eek: I thought it was a lot as im a size 14! So im totally deflated! But im gonna keep going.
    Im doing cto5k on week two..can anyone who has looses on a regular basis let me knw how many times a week they exersize... im doing at least 3 days anyway but i dnt want to go overboard either coz i was this to be a lifestyle change not a chore :confused:

That sounds a lot to lose for a size 14, what height are you? They say a dress size is 10lb so that kind of loss would bring you under a size 8. Now I know sizes can be different everywhere, but size 8 by anyones standards is thin!! How'd you think you'd look? Is it sustainable? I am 5'4', 10 st (on average),over 40 and a size 10 on average, some shops/clothes size 8 somethings depending on style etc size 12. I could be a stone lighter and still be within my BMI but I just know I wouldn't be able to maintain it. Check out what the healthy range BMI is for you and then tell your leader that you want your goal weight to be the top of that range, this means you will be able to WI for free once you get to goal and stay within 5lbs. You might want to go lower but for the purposes of goal go for the top of your range and then you have room to maneuver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Hi there, day 1 on ww for me. I have 20lbs to lose. I have been looking through this thread this morning and it has me excited, you guys are so good with the tips.
    I am looking forward to finally doing something...x:)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

misslt wrote: »
    Oops, sorry, should have said that - is it an iPhone? If so double click the home button and your home screen should move up to show a row of apps still open in the background. Hold down on one until it starts to shake and a little exit icon will appear on the top left corner. Tap that to close it. You'd be surprised how much battery life gets wasted by apps open in the background!!

I was running around here yesterday like a blue arsed fly cleaning, probably more exercise in that than when I actually try to do exercise :p

Hopefully get the pedometer soon so I can actually see!

Having lovely porridge this morning, and have a fab salad made for lunch. Fingers crossed for tonight!!

thanks very much that did the trick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kimberlite

pretty bad weekend too - tried to track what I did eat there but had to stop - too depressing. weigh in not till thursday so hoping I can try and redeem myself between now and then! some great tips with the recipes girls - keep them coming. bought that recipe book at meeting last week - some lovely ideas in it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

on the splenda questin from earlier, does 1 tsp of splenda replace 1 tsp of sugar?

oh and how much splenda can one use before you need to point it? Writing out a receipe which requires 200 grm of sugar:eek:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    on the splenda questin from earlier, does 1 tsp of splenda replace 1 tsp of sugar?

oh and how much splenda can one use before you need to point it? Writing out a receipe which requires 200 grm of sugar:eek:

Tsp for tsp splenda and sugar are the same but iv given up using it in baking because it doesnt have the same volume as sugar and so affects the way they turn out. Have you considered using half and half sugar...you get the volume with half the points

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Danii86 wrote: »
    Tsp for tsp splenda and sugar are the same but iv given up using it in baking because it doesnt have the same volume as sugar and so affects the way they turn out. Have you considered using half and half sugar...you get the volume with half the points

100grm of sugar is still 20PP though isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

BLAH! oh god what a day! Oi! you know what.....for the next two weeks....i have so much going on....i'll be greatful if i stay the same for the next few weeks...if i can get thru the next few weeks without gaining i'll be happy out!

I actually put a hole thru the wall yesterday :O

100g of sugar (white) is 11pp

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    BLAH! oh god what a day! Oi! you know what.....for the next two weeks....i have so much going on....i'll be greatful if i stay the same for the next few weeks...if i can get thru the next few weeks without gaining i'll be happy out!

I actually put a hole thru the wall yesterday :O

Forget about it for the next few weeks and concentrate on your exams, you'll be surprised, sometimes with other things to focus on suddenly you do the correct things eating wise instinctively.

I think you get 8g of sugar for 1ppt

Ah, just see Lady Lainy's post. 11, must be the mutiply rule kicking in.......:)

• Advertisement

Off the top of my head im not 100% sure, i have checked it out from the NI on my bag o sugar before.

Its Actualy very annoying that they dont give the pp for 100g etc of common baking ingredients etc. I remember the 1,2,3 sucess plan had a section of 'storecupbord ingredients' in the food lists i used it before when i attempted to do WW by myself a few years ago and my mum had the books from about 5/6years previous.
    All you would need is the main 1s....flour sugar baking powder marg nuts chocolate etc.dont suppose anybodys has already comPiled a list and is wiling to share!!!

Danii86 wrote: »
    Off the top of my head im not 100% sure, i have checked it out from the NI on my bag o sugar before.

Its Actualy very annoying that they dont give the pp for 100g etc of common baking ingredients etc. I remember the 1,2,3 sucess plan had a section of 'storecupbord ingredients' in the food lists i used it before when i attempted to do WW by myself a few years ago and my mum had the books from about 5/6years previous.
    All you would need is the main 1s....flour sugar baking powder marg nuts chocolate etc.dont suppose anybodys has already comPiled a list and is wiling to share!!!

leave it with me! I'll post one later
    cos i'm doing alot of baking these days (well attempting to)

God u do so much 4 us here!!! Ur a star!!!

Planin to go baking myself lots tomorrow but i think very little of it wil be WW goodies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

kashmir wrote: »
    That sounds a lot to lose for a size 14, what height are you? They say a dress size is 10lb so that kind of loss would bring you under a size 8. Now I know sizes can be different everywhere, but size 8 by anyones standards is thin!! How'd you think you'd look? Is it sustainable? I am 5'4', 10 st (on average),over 40 and a size 10 on average, some shops/clothes size 8 somethings depending on style etc size 12. I could be a stone lighter and still be within my BMI but I just know I wouldn't be able to maintain it. Check out what the healthy range BMI is for you and then tell your leader that you want your goal weight to be the top of that range, this means you will be able to WI for free once you get to goal and stay within 5lbs. You might want to go lower but for the purposes of goal go for the top of your range and then you have room to maneuver.

Im about 5'6, just under 14stone...now i am fairly heavy for a size 14 ...but like some of my dresses n stuff are a 12 so i think if i lost 3 stone i would be waaayy too skinny & it would be way to hard to maintain! when iv told ppl who knw me they were shocked and thought it was rediculous! So i think your right im going to have a look myself and speak to my leader and see what she says! At least if i set my own goal i can keep going from there & then see how i get on! i feel much more positive tho..thanks :)

Was down 1.5 tonight..Happy and sad-LOL!! I really wanted the 2 to be off for my first stone argh! I'm already worried about the wknd!! I have a weekendlong party!! I'm going to have so little control over the food etc as I'm a guest in someone else's house!? Also seen as i haven't had alcohol or takeaway since I began I'm actually scared!!!
    I'll just have to be super good all week so I can afford to enjoy it-here's hoping!

What a nice eve for a walk....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Down 3.5lb tonight :)

Only 2 to go to my 1st stone...here's hoping for next week, if I'm realllly good and track 100% again.

The iWatchr app is a pure godsend, I can track as soon as I eat so I'm getting everything.

Also, there are 2pp in 20g of white flour so 100g is 10pp.

Made a WW-friendly apple tart last night, 5pp per slice...might treat myself to a slice tonight with 100g ice cream for another 5pp...Got new weeklies now :D

Interestingly, this has been the only week I've used all my weekly points and it's been my biggest loss...coincidence?

Flour
    Plain Flour (white) 10pp
    Plain Flour (wholemeal) 9pp
    Self Raising Flour (white) 9pp
    Self Raising Flour (wholemeal) 9pp

Sugar
    White 11pp
    Light Brown Sugar 11pp
    Dark Brown Sugar 11pp
    Caster Sugar 11pp
    Muscovado Sugar 11pp
    Demerara Sugar 11pp
    Icing Sugar 11pp

Chocolate
    Cocoa Powder 9pp
    Chocolate Chips, Plain 14pp
    Chocolate Chips, White 15pp
    Chocolate Chips, Dark 15pp

Extras
    Baking Powder 5pp
    Bicarbonate Soda 0pp
    Wheat Germ, Dried 10pp
    Wheat Bran, Dried 7pp
    Stork, Soft Butter (SB) 15pp
    Mixed Peel 7pp
    Glace Cherries 7pp
    Raisins 8pp
    Flaked Almonds 18pp

These are the most common baking ingredients...I'll leave the nuts up to your selfs cos i'd be here all night LOL flaked almonds the most common nuts used in cakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

hi you can use splenda tsp for tsp but when a receipe requires 200grms or so you are meant to divide it by 10 so 200g of sugar would only be 20g of splenda, otherwise you could use up nearly the box of splenda:eek:

personally i kind of use half splenda and half sugar as i dont think receipes come out as well when a lot of sugar is replaced with splenda.

huggiebear wrote: »
    hi you can use splenda tsp for tsp but when a receipe requires 200grms or so you are meant to divide it by 10 so 200g of sugar would only be 20g of splenda, otherwise you could use up nearly the box of splenda:eek:

personally i kind of use half splenda and half sugar as i dont think receipes come out as well when a lot of sugar is replaced with splenda.

keep the tips coming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Elliex wrote: »
    Im about 5'6, just under 14stone...now i am fairly heavy for a size 14 ...but like some of my dresses n stuff are a 12 so i think if i lost 3 stone i would be waaayy too skinny & it would be way to hard to maintain! when iv told ppl who knw me they were shocked and thought it was rediculous! So i think your right im going to have a look myself and speak to my leader and see what she says! At least if i set my own goal i can keep going from there & then see how i get on! i feel much more positive tho..thanks :)

Hiya, just barging in on your convo. When I started WW I was 18 stone 3lb and fit into most size 22 and some size 20 and even 18 in some clothes I had for years. I am 15 stone 4lb now and don't actually know what size I am, but an old pair of size 18 jeans are a bit baggy on me now, but I doubt I am a size 16 yet in shops. So at 15 stone 4lb and a size 18, if I lost what WW recommends (goal weight 9 stone 9lb) which would be 79lb that would be nearly 8 dress sizes, bringing me to a size 2 :eek: :eek: So I don't know how right that is about every 10lb is a dress size.

Actually, when I had lost about 25/28lbs, I tried on a size 20 top in dunnes and it was BATTERED onto me. The whole size thing is confusing lol I think it would be best to keep going til you feel comfortable with your weight, and if you get to about a stone or half a stone before your goal and you feel it is the best for you, then speak to your leader and ask them to increase your goal weight, a friend of mine was able to do that. I can't even imagine 9stone 9lb on my body lol The first time I ever weighed myself was when I was around 14yo and I was nearly 14 stone then!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement