Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ozzy and Judas Priest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Yeah same with my address ... apparently I now live in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Same for me but had Galway instead of Waterford

Same, had the county down as Antrim even though I'm in cork, I'd assumed I made a mistake and missed a drop down menu. Looks like the eircom saved me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

At my age my gigging days are more or less behind me but I am tempted by this. Never seen Priest before and would love to catch them.

Saw Ozzy once - in 1984 at Monsters Of Rock in Donnington and he was spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got the recent Judas Priest blu ray so will sit down and blast that over Xmas

More excited about seeing them than ozzy

First gig of 2019

Looking forward too it but only expecting a short greatest hits set from Judas priest

Be cool too see Ozzy too he has some cheesy but great songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Layne

Be cool too see Ozzy too he has some cheesy but great songs

Lots of great songs imo but he rarely varies the setlist which is a pity. Would love if he did some from I Just Want You, Desire, Flying High Again, Hellraiser, Miracle Man, Bloodbath in Paradise, Fire in the Sky, Killer of Giants, Mr Tinkertrain etc. So many toons that will never be played live again. Shame.

Don't stone me but I would even forgive him ditching the Sabbath tunes in order to fit some of the others in. He must be bored to death singing Iron Man and Paranoid at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Layne wrote: »
    Lots of great songs imo but he rarely varies the setlist which is a pity. Would love if he did some from I Just Want You, Desire, Flying High Again, Hellraiser, Miracle Man, Bloodbath in Paradise, Fire in the Sky, Killer of Giants, Mr Tinkertrain etc. So many toons that will never be played live again. Shame.

Don't stone me but I would even forgive him ditching the Sabbath tunes in order to fit some of the others in. He must be bored to death singing Iron Man and Paranoid at this stage.

I'm guessing that they can't change the setlist as he just isn't capable, he knows the songs in the set, with his autocue on hand not much can go wrong, if they changed his setlist he'd be goosed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Layne wrote: »

I was thinking the exact same to be honest. He toured extensively for the past 4/5 years with the original Sabbath lineup (bar Ward of course but that's for another thread) and I saw them 3 times over the course of this run so have little interest in seeing him do them again without Sabbath when he has such an extensive solo catalogue. Still, I'm happy enough just to see him solo as I've been a big fan of loads of his solo stuff for years and kept managing to miss him so will be a big tick off the bucket list for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Just gotten off the phone with someone i know who works in the 3 arena, apparently the Ozzy gig has been postponed until April for health reasons. Seriously hope not. Really looking forward to this gig especially as Priest are supporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Just gotten off the phone with someone i know who works in the 3 arena, apparently the Ozzy gig has been postponed until April for health reasons.

Is he winding you up or can anyone confirm this?? Have hotel booked etc..

Nothing mentioned on OZZY / 3 Arena / MCD websites

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭pawdee

Why are they still selling tickets if it's cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Tickets still on sale for all the gigs. He has a pretty packed touring schedule for an old guy with a shot voice. He’s gigging 3 times a week right up to the end of June as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Ozzy posted a pic of his eye yesterday which he said he burst the blood vessel in it from coughing,but nothing said about gig

Well Judas Priest are starting there tour as normal in Paris tomorrow night

Really frustrating not knowing will the show go ahead next weds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Saw on Insta, Glenn is with them in Paris.

Really frustrating not knowing will the show go ahead next weds

Too true! It's doing my head in. You'd think 3 Arena would make some kind of announcement. I rang them yesterday and the lady who answered the phone knew nothing of the gig being cancelled or postponed. As far as she was concerned it's still going ahead. I've booked two days off work, train, hotel the lot (I live in the sticks) and I'll be disgusted if it's cancelled / postponed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

I'd be very surprised if it gets cancelled. You would think if Ozzy was given medical advice to rest due to the eye problem, there would be an official announcement by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Just off the phone with ticket master

The reps words were they have no news from the promoter but it will probably be Monday before they do(if any)

As soon as Ticketmaster know they email everyone if Ozzy himself isn't playing and refunds are issued to the bank cards at the same time

Personally. Can't imagine it being cancelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Just gotten off the phone with someone i know who works in the 3 arena, apparently the Ozzy gig has been postponed until April for health reasons. Seriously hope not. Really looking forward to this gig especially as Priest are supporting.

Is this post the basis for people being concerned the concert will be postponed?

The internet is full of people "who know somebody". I'd wait for something a bit more substantial than that before I'd start getting worried.

I'm going on Wednesday but it would suit me a lot more if it was put back to April!

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Is this post the basis for people being concerned the concert will be postponed?

The internet is full of people "who know somebody". I'd wait for something a bit more substantial than that before I'd start getting worried.

I'm going on Wednesday but it would suit me a lot more if it was put back to April!

I'll be pissed off esp with the such late notice but not as annoyed as the people with hotel rooms etc

Hooefully should make the April date tbh but big possibility Preist won't be the support

Hopefully the concert happens weds and this is all just speculation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don’t understand why anyone is getting worried over a post by some random on boards when all the organizers and venue have confirmed that the gig is going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Got a voicemail a few minutes ago from the manager of the restaurant at the Gibson (where me and the missus had a reservation on Wednesday evening) saying that the restaurant was to be closed because the gig was cancelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

ozzy jr wrote: »

I understand what you're saying but i relayed what i was told, I've no idea of its true & i really hope its not. Also for the people who are staying overnight etc its a huge pain in the hole. Just wish someone would clarify it once & for all.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Got a voicemail a few minutes ago from the manager of the restaurant at the Gibson (where me and the missus had a reservation on Wednesday evening) saying that the restaurant was to be closed because the gig was cancelled!

Worrying

If it is too he cancelled than surely 2 days before the gig is not the most respectful way of doing it esp when they had all the time too announce the cancellation (last Thursday Ozzy burst the blood vessel in his eye)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Isn't all this just the usual pub talk that goes on here, unless there's an official announcement I wouldn't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

fyfe79 wrote: »

There's no chance the restaurant will be closed regardless, I've been in it a number of times and it's always fairly busy, gigs on or not. It's a very busy hotel with fairly high occupancy rates so there isn't a hope it would be closed. Fyi, it's the restaurant for first dates Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭fyfe79

There's no chance the restaurant will be closed regardless, I've been in it a number of times and it's always fairly busy, gigs on or not. It's a very busy hotel with fairly high occupancy rates so there isn't a hope it would be closed. Fyi, it's the restaurant for first dates Ireland.

Check their own opening hours. It's closed on Wednesdays unless there's a gig.
    https://www.thegibsonhotel.ie/eat-and-drink/coda-restaurant/

The manager told me it will be closed because the gig is now off. They have another bar/restaurant ('Hemi') which will be open, but the "posher" 'Coda' restaurant is closed in midweek unless there's a gig.

The crew were staying in the Gibson apparently and have cancelled there rooms

Once again, why the **** are they still selling tickets if it's cancelled? Why has there been no announcement? This is really starting to pss me off now.

• Advertisement

pawdee wrote: »
    Once again, why the **** are they still selling tickets if it's cancelled? Why has there been no announcement? This is really starting to pss me off now.

It's the weekend and it's TM

Farce all round and leaving it so late is really disrespectful. Not the first time ozzy cancelled here

I imagine it's something to do with that burst blood vessel. I wonder is it the whole tour or just the few first dates ??

Advertisement