Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Acosta

Two questions about that silly seatbelt ad with the 3 lads in the car.

Is that meant to appeal to young people?

Do people still not wear seatbelts in 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

vodafone add with the ginger haired kid dancing

smacks of a LGBTQ agenda , rainbow flag coloured sweater and sissyish dancing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Yeah it’s irritating beyond belief - he can’t dance for **** (look how out of sync he is with the dancing vid he projects on the wall), the music is absolutely **** and for 90% of the advert he’s dancing outside of the view of the camera so the gurning clapping family members at the end might have seen his fingers/right hand at best. It’s a no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

You can genuinely inform someone of your opinion without forcing the view. That's sort of the crappy problem rn (in every media) they're about as subtle as a kick to the crotch.

Don't worry lads, ads don't make you gay. It won't turn you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Stovepipe wrote: »
    The dental ad which starts off with the girl in the gym Going "hiippss!","bum!" and so on,whose teeth are so white they could be seen from space.
    "I didn't know Oral-B did a toothpaste!!!!"

The clues in the name of the company.. what d'ya think Oral-B did - tarmac your driveway? You f*cking donkey!

budgese wrote: »
    Don't worry lads, ads don't make you gay. It won't turn you.

If the Johnny Depp adverts didn't make me gay, I'm pretty sure I'm safe. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

AIB: 'It takes a certain type of person to run their own business.
    We see it...and we back it'.

AIB: 'There is a certain type of mortgage out there. A tracker mortgage. We see it and we steal it'.

AIB: 'We back tracker theft'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Its a stand against the discrimination this kid will likely face as he grows up.

The LGBT crowd are very intolerant of gingers

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

If the Johnny Depp adverts didn't make me gay, I'm pretty sure I'm safe. :pac:

The Johnny Depp sausage ads? ;)

• Advertisement

The Johnny Depp sausage ads? ;)

A connoisseur I see... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,707 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Acosta wrote: »

Thought it was more stubborn auld lads whose Morris Minor never had seatbelts and they're not going to start using them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Its a stand against the discrimination this kid will likely face as he grows up.

The LGBT crowd are very intolerant of gingers

Don't tar us all with ths one brush, I've a bit of a thing for gingers, give me ginger over blond any day.

Seamai wrote: »
    Don't tar us all with ths one brush, I've a bit of a thing for gingers, give me ginger over blond any day.

I like redheads (ladies), but there's a difference between a red head and a ginger.

This kid is an unfortunate ginger.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Basq wrote: »
    "I didn't know Oral-B did a toothpaste!!!!"

The clues in the name of the company.. what d'ya think Oral-B did - tarmac your driveway? You f*cking donkey!

That's why I love this thread!

Next time that hysterical bumsssss hipsssss ad is on, instead of annoying me, it will make me laugh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Saw that ad for the painkillers, pharmacist meets random stranger... Mother of God in heaven it's dreadful...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Those achingly woke Dove sponsorship idents in Sky - the smug **** who goes “black, disabled and a woman - there’s not many of me”! Oh f**k off!!!!

They’re so patronising - there’s one who’s a police dog handler, obviously hard as nails but we’re meant to think she cares about how a body lotion makes her scar look better. I doubt she cares!!

They annoy the ****e out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Saw that ad for the painkillers, pharmacist meets random stranger... Mother of God in heaven it's dreadful...

It’s the way in which they talk to each other, no one talks like that to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Daft An Post ad with Louise O'Neill frying eggs on the roof of the house and shooing giraffes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Autosport wrote: »
    It’s the way in which they talk to each other, no one talks like that to each other.
    Unless they are presenters on one of those awful shopping channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Acosta wrote: »

Unfortunately yes, 21% of deaths on our roads last year were due to drivers or passengers not wearing seatbelts. Madness I know but it still goes on.

Daft An Post ad with Louise O'Neill frying eggs on the roof of the house and shooing giraffes away.

Its Angela Scanlan.

But they do look alike... except one is batcrap insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Virgin Media man 'twehy fah yo a month for nahn manths'

Idris Elba 'Sky Vip' makes me want to poke my eyes and ears with a stick until both are rendered useless

I'm Lady Leisha - and you are extremely annoying

optogirl wrote: »
    Virgin Media man 'twehy fah yo a month for nahn manths'

Idris Elba 'Sky Vip' makes me want to poke my eyes and ears with a stick until both are rendered useless

I'm Lady Leisha - and you are extremely annoying

1000% on Idris. Make me vaguely homicidal!!

Watching Sky news last night with my elderly father, an advert came on for lovehoney.com. It came on(no pun intended) a few times in the course of 2 or 3 ad breaks.

I am anything but a prude but it was a little bit too much for a TV advert.

For anyone unfamiliar with the brand, it has nothing to do with honey or bees and definitely do not google it while at work or while connected to the work VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

denartha wrote: »
    Watching Sky news last night with my elderly father, an advert came on for lovehoney.com. It came on(no pun intended) a few times in the course of 2 or 3 ad breaks.

For anyone unfamiliar with the brand, it has nothing to do with honey or bees and definitely do not google it while at work or while connected to the work VPN.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm familiar with LoveHoney and their range of products, but I'm not entirely sure I'd like to sit though one of their ads while my elderly mother looks on.
    I'm still recovering from having to explain what 'vagjazzle' is to her after an episode of Tallaghtfornia

Eek

Speedsie wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'm familiar with LoveHoney and their range of products, but I'm not entirely sure I'd like to sit though one of their ads while my elderly mother looks on.
    I'm still recovering from having to explain what 'vagjazzle' is to her after an episode of Tallaghtfornia

Eek

Sorry for the off topic but I not long ago has to explain Grindr to my 82 year old dad.

He listened intently for a few minutes and went “well good for them!!!”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

What an advert to get stuck watching with the parents - eyes rolling in to heads and “O faces” galore! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Did u spot him takin notes .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The Board Gais ad with the family. The young girl staring at the tv looks like shes possessed,

Advertisement