Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for testers for FTB modpack and server

• 30-05-2015 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭

I've put together a modpack on the FTB Launcher that I'm looking for people to help test it and make recommendations for improvements and fixes. I've tried to emulate the original Tekkit modpack with some new additions to help expand both the magical and technological aspects of the pack. The pack is stable but there are still some mod conflicts such as duplicate ores and overlapping recipes that I need help with.

The pack is available on the FTB Launcher here

The third party pack code is "beagcraft"

I also have a server set up for anyone who is interested. The IP address is 192.99.0.20:45618

Due to the fact the pack is still being altered and tested, there is a possibility that this could impact the server but I do not anticipate and resets. There is no whitelist at the moment but that may change in the future. At the moment I am more interested in testing but I would appreciate a post to let me know you've joined.

The only real rule on the server is no griefing. But any actions which harm the server or other players experience will likely result in a ban.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

I tried joining your server but i had no luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    I tried joining your server but i had no luck.

The host is being Ddos'd at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, I just tried that pack in single player mode, and it DoS-ed my PC. Far, far too heavy for my poor "old" laptop. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I didn't even get to download it :o

bnt wrote: »
    Well, I just tried that pack in single player mode, and it DoS-ed my PC. Far, far too heavy for my poor "old" laptop. :o

That's a shame. I'm looking at removing some mods but it will still be over 100
    Solitaire wrote: »
    I didn't even get to download it :o

What happened?

• Advertisement

Invalid Private Pack earlier today, worked when I tried it a few minutes ago though!

Invalid Private Pack earlier today, worked when I tried it a few minutes ago though!

Great.

Server down/being moved/being reset?

Suggestion for the suggestions box: Move the Suggestions Box away from spawn protect so people can leave suggestions :D:P

I think the last time I played a pack with EE2 was... what? 3 years ago? :eek: At least those interdiction torches makes for easymode spawn base setup :D

Server down/being moved/being reset?

Suggestion for the suggestions box: Move the Suggestions Box away from spawn protect so people can leave suggestions :D:P

I think the last time I played a pack with EE2 was... what? 3 years ago? :eek: At least those interdiction torches makes for easymode spawn base setup :D

Server is up and running. There are people on it too. Are you having issues connecting?

I reduced the spawn protect to 1 radius. It must have reset.

I can't believe the interdiction torches weren't replicated before now. I'm trying to decide between EE2 and EE3 at the moment.

I was only on for about two minutes earlier when the server closed. After that I haven't been able to connect at all, and it takes almost a minute for the client to decide it can't find the server.

• Advertisement

I was only on for about two minutes earlier when the server closed. After that I haven't been able to connect at all, and it takes almost a minute for the client to decide it can't find the server.

My mistake. The console had frozen. There was a problem with a DM pedestel from EE2. Deja Vu.

Noticed one accelerating a salination plant out near the desert. Does the server have a forum or is it okay to continue plonking down comments and observations here? :o

On that note: Server crash! :p

Noticed one accelerating a salination plant out near the desert. Does the server have a forum or is it okay to continue plonking down comments and observations here? :o

On that note: Server crash! :p

I mainly use a subreddit but here is good too.

Those DM pedestals have really caused havoc. I think the server will have to move to a reset today. I've disabled them for the next map. Galacticraft has also been causing issues so it's going to be removed for a while.

When I try to join it says the server is out dated.

When I try to join it says the server is out dated.

Perhaps you downloaded the wrong version. The pack version is 3.1.0. On your main minecraft screen it should say forge version 10.13.3.1408

The pack is being updated to version 3.1.1 and the server is being reset tonight. The update contains some mod changes and config changes so you will need to update to log onto the server. There will also be some new server tools in operation which include teleporting, block logging and chat options. The issues which affected the last server should be ironed out but as it is still ealry days I would appreciate any feedback on bugs you find.

So I need to download it first before joining the server?

I tried to join after updating the config/mods folders (link is on the reddit) but either the server is down, hasn't been reset just yet, or has been reset and my client is being a derp :o

So I need to download it first before joining the server?

Yes it should be on the Launcher today depending on the speed of the FTB crowd.
    I tried to join after updating the config/mods folders (link is on the reddit) but either the server is down, hasn't been reset just yet, or has been reset and my client is being a derp :o

The server was still being updated. It will be up within an hour of this post.

Did I crash the server? Got booted the instant I tried to remove my first Antimatter Relay Mk2 from the crafting table... :(

• Advertisement

Did I crash the server? Got booted the instant I tried to remove my first Antimatter Relay Mk2 from the crafting table... :(

Seems to be a host issue.

Server still down? From what I can gather the host has changed its IP addresses...

Yes. Unfortunately the world was corrupted and the backup is not working. I'm trying to fix it now. The new IP is 167.114.208.111:25570

Its my fault - I got a pretty sweet start to the new map, this kind of thing always happens when I do that :eek::P

I remember making a good job of the start of the Boards 1.3 and 1.5 vanilla servers. They didn't last long either... :o

I'm just sorry I didn't get the next update out before it reset. I wanted to add railcraft.

The server is now whitelisted so post here if you wish to be added.

Here

sorry

Advertisement