Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral - Document?

• 12-04-2007 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Who's going in armed?

You're going into your French oral armed with... 75 votes

your document, of course
    0% 0 votes
    your charm alone, enough to A1 any oral
    100% 75 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

I'm going in solo for the simple reason that I couldn't ever think of anything for my document, also I'm too lazy to make one, so figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Armed and ready. It will be a great opportunity to show off my vocabular prowess. In French, of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

got one written out etc jus need to learn it and come up wit stuff to say!! no biggie haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

shazzyshaz wrote:
    got one written out etc jus need to learn it and come up wit stuff to say!! no biggie haha

On espere que ton ortographe en francais est meilleur que tes efforts en anglais.

Tu peux discuter les avantages du clavier francais pour les accents.

hhmmm heinrich! je suis pas stupide, bien sur, mon francaise est meilleur que mes efforts en anglais, donc haha!

• Advertisement

Est-ce que vous voudriez parler en francais ensemble?
    (ye wana start a French convo??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Non. Vive la mort du francais!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

shazzyshaz wrote:
    hhmmm heinrich! je suis pas stupide, bien sur, mon francaise est meilleur que mes efforts en anglais, donc haha!

Je suis desolé ma copain, c'est "je NE suis pas".

Good **** at it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

I'm only making mine up tomorrow I think. Does anyone have any cool sentences on a concert? PURLEASE? I am brutal at French. Je deteste francais.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

isnt there a le before francais. Anyways armed and ready. I just took 4 pictures from the french revolution and ill talk about them. Also I wanna introduce my document with a flourish. VOILA! MON DOCUMENT!

• Advertisement

yes there is... unless you mean a particular french person who you're naming only by nationality
    Spank wrote:
    I'm only making mine up tomorrow I think. Does anyone have any cool sentences on a concert? PURLEASE? I am brutal at French. Je deteste francais.
    tell me what you'd like to say and I'll translate... what concert, when, who'd you go with etc.. how ya felt bout it, sorry i could make up any sentences but they may not be relevant at all..

Rozabeez wrote:
    Je suis desolé ma copain, c'est "je NE suis pas".

Good **** at it though.

ummmm the french tend to say: je suis pas rather than je ne suis pas! its more for those who are fluent though:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

You'd probably be pulled up on it for LC grammar though, we're often pulled up on it. I wasn't trying to be a smartass or anything, dunno why I was censored!

I brought a photo into my French oral. Barely anyone else had in my school, so the examiner was quite happy with it from the beginning!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Rozabeez wrote:
    You'd probably be pulled up on it for LC grammar though, we're often pulled up on it.

Pour l'oral, ca va, parce que c'est l'idiom en France, mais on a besoin d'un niveau plus elevé pour la production écrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tomlowe

On ne dirait pas "What up my nigga" si on passait un épreuve orale en anglais, alors, pourquoi parler comme ca en francais?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Quelles nouvelles, mon ami noir?

You guys raise good points, it's true that idioms are great but baring in mind that only some and not all examiners will recognise them (there's only 2 actual French French teachers examining in the country, I had one test me last week and she informed me of this)... you could always be unfortunate to get the one idiot who doesn't recognise an idiom and marks you down... happened me in the pre written once or twice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

Spank wrote:

A site i swear by is google.com, on the right of the searchbar click on language tools.

its great for phrases, like the popular North Kerry saying ''je suis coincé entre une roche et un endroit dur'' :D:D:D:D

As for my document, im taking this in: trucks004.jpg

ya rozabeez i was tryin to figure out what the censored part meant!!! haha.

• Advertisement

ya i used some vocab in the mock oral and the examiner didnt know it!! humph.
    My teacher is a french french teacher, classy.

shazzyshaz wrote:

Does she examine orals too? If so I had her last week ..... (mock-examining me of course)

not sure if she examines orals! she has big black frizzy curly hair and is french and small......... is yep thats her!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

shazzyshaz wrote:

i have a french french 1 for the real deal apparently.

as for the document, brought 1 in last yr and got around a B1/B2 in the oral, my friend didn't and got an A1 with a diff examiner. Most of my class got Cs and Ds though!! Depends on preparation really.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

Help! :eek: I'm completely screwed, I have to present the document to my class by Thursday but I don't even know what to do it on! :(

I don't play any sports because of "medical" issues so I can't do it on sport, I haven't been to any exciting countries/trips lately (nothing substantial enough for a document anyway)... But I was thinking I could do it on Music... Though I don't even play an instrument (sorry, I'm a bit boring that way:p)

Any ideas?

I just need to give a 10 minute presentation and then the class bombards me with questions for a little while... until they're all satisfied really.
    Learning off phrases and the like is not a problem, just can't think of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

On the Actual day of the exam, the examiner wont know, or care, if you play sport ect.

What will be important is your standard of French!

Im doing my LC this year too, and sure Im going to be making half the stuff up in the Oral, because its easy to talk about.

Dont complicte it for yourself! Just do whatever you can talk about easily.

Thanks, but at the moment all I'm really concerned with is getting something done for Thursday.

I just need anything, but I can't really lie because all my classmates will know I don't play sports and ask stuff like where do I play and the like takin the piss :D

Also about 3 lads in my class are doing it on rugby and football, and I wanna keep it as original as I can :cool:

I think I might go ahead with Music, I can talk about bands I like, concerts I've been to... might mention how I'm trying to learn the gee-tar.
    Any suggestions? Oh and does anyone know where I can get pictures of the Kanye concert in Phoenix Park, or Fiddy Cent in the RDS?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A female drummer(moi!) always goes down well!!
    Have mine from last year, the examiner liked it last year so I'm keeping it this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I did mine on Marcel Proust's book A la Recherche du Temps Perdu. Went down great with the examiner and she only looked for fairly basic info about the book.

• Advertisement

Ok well I'm gonna go with the Music theme. I want 4 pictures and esto presto 4 things to talk about. I've a pic of

- Music festivals
    Arctic Monkeys - Fav band
    50 Cent live - Concert I was at recently

need one more though, any suggestions?

Advertisement