Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inquiry into Foxrock's December run at Punchestown

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

convert wrote: »

This warms my heart on a few levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Doubt much will happen, hope to see more of it and books being thrown at offenders no matter who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Shemale wrote: »
    Doubt much will happen, hope to see more of it and books being thrown at offenders no matter who they are.

I'm not sure about that, there's evidence that he removed a shoe after the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

handsfree2 wrote:
    I'm not sure about that, there's evidence that he removed a shoe after the race.

My understanding is that there is evidence of him removing shoes pre race, then the handbrake job by the jockey

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

looks like Ted will have some explaining to do, would love to know how this footage has only appeared now

• Advertisement

Appeared a while ago, seems it was handed over and they had no choice but to investigate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Seems a bit strange to have the handbrake on here. Is this race not worth more than the one he won subsequently? And Barry Connell told everyone at a racing evening in November that this was the plan for Foxrock for ages. Obviously Ted is partial to playing the handicapping game, just not sure why they'd do it here. Irish national in mind possibly but I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Seems a bit strange to have the handbrake on here. Is this race not worth more than the one he won subsequently? And Barry Connell told everyone at a racing evening in November that this was the plan for Foxrock for ages. Obviously Ted is partial to playing the handicapping game, just not sure why they'd do it here. Irish national in mind possibly but I doubt it

Don't take this as a dig but why would you even reply to this thread without looking at the race? It was blatant.

The target was actually the paddypower chase around Stephens da, which carries a juicy prize. That day he was beaten, thankfully, into second place by a Tony Martin horse. He was subsequently raised a few pounds and then went on to win another valuable prize in January.

I dont know why Barry Connell would say that race was the target, a micky mouse handicap worth a few thousand? Either he didn't know or he lied, but he certainly was incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Ah right fair enough I seen the title and it said December run, I presumed it meant the Paddy Power. Obviously that was Leopardstown. Sorry, slow and very hungover day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Wonder if anything did come from it would the Bookies pay out, had a chunk on Foxrock that day!

• Advertisement

I have a feeling they wouldnt Gav...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Amazing that people try to defend Ted Walsh (and his son in the other thread). The turf club must be utterly embarrassed that this footage has come to light. Shame on them though, they've been ignoring these rogue's in Irish racing for far too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Amazing that people try to defend Ted Walsh (and his son in the other thread). The turf club must be utterly embarrassed that this footage has come to light. Shame on them though, they've been ignoring these rogue's in Irish racing for far too long.

i wonder how Ted will talk his way out of this one

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

barney4001 wrote: »

I'm sure he'll think of something, mod edit: <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

barney4001 wrote: »

Maybe he will just tell them to F**k off

he is good at that

Allegedly

Will we ever have J P up before the stewards I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

Maybe he will just tell them to F**k off

he is good at that

Allegedly

Will we ever have J P up before the stewards I wonder

Why would an owner be up before the stewards?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

One is a defence against a lazy conclusion the other is condemnation of an ethically questionable act.

No doubt he will try blame the vet / farrier as blaming Heskin didnt work last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I can't say too much but I think The Turf Club will agree that they've been too soft for too long. They have made a more conscious effort lately to change that though, you have to respect them for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

it appears that the official racecourse farrier for Punchestown also works privately for Ted Walsh

the same farrier was also on duty at the Curragh for the 1000 Guineas with the incident of Luca Cumani and the wrong shoes - race was delayed for 20 minutes , with Ted in his role of pundit critical of how it was handled

above info from Phoenix mag, bye bye Ted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Panrich

Andalucia wrote: »
    it appears that the official racecourse farrier for Punchestown also works privately for Ted Walsh

the same farrier was also on duty at the Curragh for the 1000 Guineas with the incident of Luca Cumani and the wrong shoes - race was delayed for 20 minutes , with Ted in his role of pundit critical of how it was handled

I see the Punchestown potential conflict but I can't see how the Curragh debacle is relevant especially if TW was being critical.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Andalucia wrote: »

I remember that incident, but Luca knew or should have known that the shoes for his horse were not allowed. He has a wealth of experience. What happened there? Was he told that the shoes were okay before hand? I recall that horse still ran well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Any news on this? Hearing was 10am this morn!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Was told recently that this would not end well for tmw , of the view now that things might be turning for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Do they usually make decisions on the day of the hearing?

When I heard about this I thought RTE should have suspended him immediately. He's there on his soap box giving out about people not coming to the racing... Well Ted, I'm not going to the Curragh to have you picking my pocket thank you very much....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

So the hearibg took 9 hours? Ha.

Few would doubt that horse shoes can fall off, so why the need to call Aidan O'Brien and a few other witnesses when they won't be able to give evidence on what they saw . They didn't make contradictory statements

It's amazing that RTE and Channel 4 allowed him to continue working during Cheltenham and Aintree

It's amazing that RTE and Channel 4 allowed him to continue working during Cheltenham and Aintree

Innocent till proven guilty

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

ok, guys, just a reminder that until an outcome is reached, there should be no assumptions of guilt or otherwise.

Advertisement