Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spring Double

• 25-03-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Been backing Alvarado for the national all year but can't resist a double on Belgian Bill in the Lincoln. Tasty 525/1 double.

Anyone else have a fancy for the spring double?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Rocky Creek and Mange all for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

OMG i cant believe it i just checked what was on Saturday and its the Lincoln..:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(..

Only 2 meeting left really in the real sport..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

tbh I'd stay away from them, probably the two biggest bookie's benefit races of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Well thats my double down the drain. Can't wait to hear the reasons for that performance. That said, it'd take a very well handicapped horse to beat the winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

The reason was the very strong headwind Nulty. Ever run into a strong wind? Must be tough doing if for a mile. All those without cover collapsed about 2 furlongs out. You can actually see the moment it happens, those behind still have plenty of running and it gets a bit messy for a bit. The first half of the finishers all had cover. It's worth watching it again with that in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I own an Astra too :). Yeah I saw a tweet by a guy who replied to George Baker pointing out the horses or in front and showed that the 9 with no cover were the last 9 to finish. Also read the stewards reports and Belgian Bill was mentioned twice having been interfered with. That happened aye his chance had gone though.

Just a bad day at the office!

Advertisement