Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The dream

• 29-09-2019 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Won't stop until l get true the gates of templmore garda college

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Dean2020 wrote: »

Are you in the process already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

Best of luck, your determination is admirable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭pah

MrMiata wrote: »
    Best of luck, your determination is admirable

...even if your spelling is not...

pah wrote: »
    ...even if your spelling is not...

Even if your spelling is knot*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Is that anywhere near Templemore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

No am not in the process this year but next year am going for it just bit parnoid about my age cause am 21 is that to young to be full time garda l was thinking going for the garda reserve over my age to get experience still have time to think about what am going for next year

No am not in the process this year but next year am going for it just bit parnoid about my age cause am 21 is that to young to be full time garda l was thinking going for the garda reserve over my age to get experience still have time to think about what am going for next year

I'm 22, I just sat stage 2 yesterday, a lot of the other applicants looked around my age, some looked older but not a huge amount.
    Garda Reserves is always a good option but if you want to be a full time guard I'd say go for it unless you're working towards something else at the moment, i.e if you were finishing up in college it might make more sense to be a reserve for a year before applying full time after graduating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

My son joined at 26, several of his intake were younger as some were older. Life experience is a plus. At 21 you have several years ahead of you to apply.

Wish you the very best man hope your success bro put your mind to things you will advice it not in collage think l take your advice just go for the full time garda make a career out of it going to go for it next year aren't the guards taking on people for the next 4 years

That's true life experience is key for the guards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Wish you the very best man hope your success bro put your mind to things you will advice it not in collage think l take your advice just go for the full time garda make a career out of it going to go for it next year aren't the guards taking on people for the next 4 years

Elephant in the room but I suppose gardai have to write reports and take statements. Surely there's a minimum standard of literacy, for example...

Thank you, it's a nervous wait now until I get my results.
    Best of luck to you.
    Just a word of advice, and I don't mean this in a mean way.
    Work on your spelling and grammar, it catches a lot of people on in the Report Writing, every time you say 'collage' instead of 'college' or 'true' instead of 'through' you'll get penalised, the more mistakes you make the more they'll clamp down on you for it because it shows it wasn't just a slip but rather you genuinely didn't know the difference.
    You still have plenty of time to prepare, good luck.

Thanks bro l work on it l will

thanks bro l work it l willðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

By the time you get through all the recruitment processes you will be pushing 23. There are 19 year olds in the college so I wouldn't worry about the age.

Advertisement