Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Trainee 2019 - Stage 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lucymangoo96

Does any one know what they can fail you on in the reports?

I felt like I did okay but am really not sure as don't know the marking system.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jamie13

Was number 989 and got called for stage two today, Goodluck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LeeQuilabab123

Hey lads, I just got called for stage 2 today, does anybody know where the venue is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jamie13

Hey lads, I just got called for stage 2 today, does anybody know where the venue is ?

Opposite Jervis luas stop I think

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LeeQuilabab123

Jamie13 wrote: »
    Opposite Jervis luas stop I think

Perfect man thanks a million !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

Got called for stage 2 today . I maybe just over excited but having trouble finding the My Bookings option - its not showing up in the left Nav like they say in my profile - Any pointers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Hi All, anyone know how long it will take, im in tomorrow at 11 30.Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Hi All, anyone know how long it will take, im in tomorrow at 11 30.Cheers

you will be finished at 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sineadly

Hey everyone! I was places 1440 and now today I'm after getting called for stage 2 in 3 weeks. Does anybody know can you defer your garda application for this stage? I'm moving to Spain Monday for the summer­ as I thought I wouldnt be called until around April next year. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highball3

whatever76 wrote: »
    Got called for stage 2 today . I maybe just over excited but having trouble finding the My Bookings option - its not showing up in the left Nav like they say in my profile - Any pointers ?

Hey, I had the same issue. It was to do with how my personal profile on public jobs was set up and I ended up having to ring up and book over the phone! I would advise ringing straight away in the morning as the offices are closed over the weekend and all the decent slots will be gone by Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Kerry0108

whatever76 wrote: »

I got called for stage 2 aswell 2day but had to make my booking on the laptop . Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

What numbers are they up to for calling people to Stage 2 supervised tests?

Did anyone else feel the report writing video was way too fast, found it alot harder than the ones career services gave

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Did anyone else feel the report writing video was way too fast, found it alot harder than the ones career services gave

I was actually the opposite, I thought the test was much easier than the preparation courses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

Yeah, just two witnesses and they even repeated the phone numbers. Not too shabby.

I’m gonna email the Garda trainee address to see roughly when the results will be out, if anyone gets a reply before I post the info here feel free to beat me to it ðŸ‘

They send end of july I did yesterday

How is the report writing exercise graded does anyone know, is it still possible to pass without getting one of the names of the witnesses, is there marks for structure as well as content. Cheers in advance

It’s marked on accuracy of content, grammar, spelling, and structure.

With accuracy being the most important, you would lose more marks for missing a detail like that as opposed to spelling something wrong in one instance, but it’s still not a fail/pass situation if you miss such a detail.

I myself missed the 2nd name of one of the witnesses as she went straight into her address really fast after saying it, which I was very frustrated about. But I did manage to get every other detail of the incident, with a decent enough structure to the report. No doubt I lost some marks on that part, but theres only so much that could be deducted from one mistake.

As long as you jotted down the majority of the details in a coherent and legible manner I’m sure you did fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublingarda

Can anyone who has completed stage 2 say if the style of the Stage 2 test was the same as Stage 1?

Have been through 3 recruitment runs and never saw the test that was given in Stage 1. They must have used a new company.

Debating on whether to purchase a course if the content is nothing similar to what is being used.

It’s the exact same format. When are you sitting stage 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

Anyone near Limerick looking for a pre-interview course can give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

In 2015 i done a one day prep course for stage 2 with a retired garda who has a company called the garda interview.ie however this time i have decided to purchased the stage 2 prep course from career services and i notice the report writing layout is different. the career services one is more of an informal paragraph based layout where as the garda interview report layout was based on an actual garda report as in you addressed the report to the sergeant in charge at the start and various other little things. i'm wondering does that layout difference matter as long as what was in the video was put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

What dates are the interviews in Stage 3 can anyone remember? I thought the lady at stage 2 said they were around the 19th of August if anyone can confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LN22

SquireD wrote: »
    What dates are the interviews in Stage 3 can anyone remember? I thought the lady at stage 2 said they were around the 19th of August if anyone can confirm?

Hi, starting the 19th August was what the lady said to the group that I was in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Anyone know when stage 2 results are out

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

AD07 wrote: »
      Anyone know when stage 2 results are out

They said end of this month so prob 25th / 26th

1. Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

sazxox wrote: »

They said end of this month so prob 25th / 26th

Ok thank you. Hopefully sooner rather than earlier

1. Registered Users Posts: 9 LeeQuilabab123

Anybody know how the upcoming stages will be laid out ? After Stage 2, is it then the Fitness, Medical and interview last ?

2. Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Anybody know how the upcoming stages will be laid out ? After Stage 2, is it then the Fitness, Medical and interview last ?

PAS interviews in August. If ya pass then its medical before fitness as far as I could figure out. Email pas they've answered anything I've asked about timelines etc. I think itll be new year before anyone starts medicals etc

3. Advertisement
      4. Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Got my message today about my acceptance into stage 2. Stage 1 didnt go to plan and I scraped by. Does anyone know what the best prep course would be? Should I try the Sova one as they're the ones supplying the tests?
        Thanks

Advertisement