Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ash00

Does anyone know if you are able to defer your medical if you can’t make it on that day? Do they ask to provide any proof or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

Ash00 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you are able to defer your medical if you can’t make it on that day? Do they ask to provide any proof or anything?

Yes you can I haven't done it myself but I have seen people on here do it. Just Ring HRM they are usually very accommodating.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

any update when offers will be out

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

Not sure but I got mine yesterday anyway. So coming out in drips and drabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

rossd92 wrote: »
    Not sure but I got mine yesterday anyway. So coming out in drips and drabs.

Do you get the offer by email?

• Advertisement

Jecz wrote: »

I got an email ya, about 6pm yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jwals2130

rossd92 wrote: »

I got an email ya, about 6pm yesterday
    When did you do medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

jwals2130 wrote: »
    When did you do medical?

I got the same offer yesterday, I had my medical in late March. I heard offers will be given out up to two weeks before the start date.

jwals2130 wrote: »
    When did you do medical?

February and had to get laser eye surgery after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Would it be correct to say that of the July intake starts on the 15th of July the first of the two induction weeks will begin on the 1st July which will then be the cut off point for entry?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Would it be correct to say that of the July intake starts on the 15th of July the first of the two induction weeks will begin on the 1st July which will then be the cut off point for entry?

Not sure what you mean by that?

All offers will have gone out for the second induction week on 8th of July prior to the 8th of July if that is what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Hey guys
    Quick question had anybody any information on family income support while in training. .

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

has anyone received any offers lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SrcmabdleGegs

Bigred88 wrote: »
    Hey guys
    Quick question had anybody any information on family income support while in training. .

I rang citizens information yesterday.
    Mortgage - nothing.
    Married - nothing.
    Kids - possibly something, but it depends on spouses salary. (This didn't apply to me, so I didn't query it further).

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

ddylan wrote: »
    has anyone received any offers lately?

Heard nothing and when I rang it’s still waiting for sign off.. I’m getting so fed up

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

Nope still waiting from2017

Is waiting for it to be signed off after the background check, or part of it? I have called a few times and they just say its "ongoing" I only had a hand full of family members put down and most have passed away. I even supplied a police background check certificate for 3 years ago I needed for another job thinking that may speed it up but no :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Redfox21 wrote: »
    Nope still waiting from2017

The same from 2017 heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sabrinam002

Is waiting for it to be signed off after the background check, or part of it? I have called a few times and they just say its "ongoing" I only had a hand full of family members put down and most have passed away. I even supplied a police background check certificate for 3 years ago I needed for another job thinking that may speed it up but no :-(

I rang yesterday and they said the garda vetting is still outstanding so then I rang the garda vetting place and they said it's back so I haven't a clue what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

Letsdoit wrote: »
    The same from 2017 heard nothing.

Same guys I’m from 2017

Feels like they have forgotten us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 EMD1990

Same guys I’m from 2017

Feels like they have forgotten us

2017 myself. Thinking the same

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Carlaoh98

I rang twice and got 2 different answers. One told me they’re waiting for vetting but the other told me it’s awaiting commissioners decision. So I emailed and I got the ‘awaiting commissioners decision’ answer. I don’t even think they know what’s going on at this stage. Baffles me how a simple yes or no can take so long.

I have been calling 016662571 to chase up my checks, that was the number on a past email asking about my form B. Is that what everyone else it's calling or is there another department

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Barry69

I rang yesterday and they said the garda vetting is still outstanding so then I rang the garda vetting place and they said it's back so I haven't a clue what's going on

Hi what number did you ring to get through to the vetting crowd ? Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 4 feathers19

Hi Everyone I have my fitness test on July 8th and struggling with the bleep test for anyone that has does it start from 0 or 1 and what app did ye use. I am going by a video on you tube that starts off at level 0 and all the apps I have downloaded start with 1, I know its not a huge difference but it big to me seem to fly the apps but struggle with video on you tube. Thanks a million

feathers19 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone I have my fitness test on July 8th and struggling with the bleep test for anyone that has does it start from 0 or 1 and what app did ye use. I am going by a video on you tube that starts off at level 0 and all the apps I have downloaded start with 1, I know its not a huge difference but it big to me seem to fly the apps but struggle with video on you tube. Thanks a million

July 8th - that's very late, you sure its not on June 8th?
    It starts at 1
    I wouldn't waste my time starting at 0, it won't test you it's slow enough as it is at 1, Skip straight to 1.

When did you get called for PCT?

Any PCT calls gone out to anybody recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sabrinam002

Barry69 wrote: »
    Hi what number did you ring to get through to the vetting crowd ? Thanks !

1890 488 488

• Registered Users Posts: 4 feathers19

July 8th - that's very late, you sure its not on June 8th?
    It starts at 1
    I wouldn't waste my time starting at 0, it won't test you it's slow enough as it is at 1, Skip straight to 1.

When did you get called for PCT?

Sorry yes I meant June 8th. Thanks for that info will just go with the 1 then, was there any particular app you used? I got called for the PCT on Monday

• Advertisement

feathers19 wrote: »
    Sorry yes I meant June 8th. Thanks for that info will just go with the 1 then, was there any particular app you used? I got called for the PCT on Monday

I used youtube - title is "the beep test audio full". Starts at 1

Advertisement