Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ekox

jwals2130 wrote: »
    When did you do the medical ?

I did the medical in March

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MKultra395

Hi everyone,
    I am from the 2017 competition and I got offered the April intake bit got less than a weeks notice so I deferred.

My medical went out of date so I forwarded them a new report and I asked am I now cleared for July intake assuming I was because they offered me April, but they said I am being re-vetted ??? Is that normal , I’m a bit worried now there is a problem and also I don’t want to be waiting another year for vetting 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

MKultra395 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I am from the 2017 competition and I got offered the April intake bit got less than a weeks notice so I deferred.

My medical went out of date so I forwarded them a new report and I asked am I now cleared for July intake assuming I was because they offered me April, but they said I am being re-vetted ??? Is that normal , I’m a bit worried now there is a problem and also I don’t want to be waiting another year for vetting 😩

Wen I was ringing them to find out about my vetting the beginning of the year they said if it goes over the year from wen the vetting went out or from the first part came back it will have to be resent out

It’s crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Does anyone know when the offers could be out for July?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MKultra395

Wen I was ringing them to find out about my vetting the beginning of the year they said if it goes over the year from wen the vetting went out or from the first part came back it will have to be resent out

It’s crazy

No way !! And does it take the same amount of time to come back ?? Surely it’s quicker ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Letsdoit wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the offers could be out for July?

There isn't really any specific day or time you can assume that everyone will get an offer. They go out from time to time, all the way up to the induction week, you could get a weeks notice even.

I received my offer for July already, I had deferred from April. But there will still be many more offers to go out, although I don't think anyone can tell you when they will go out accurately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SrcmabdleGegs

And I'm in.
    2018 application. Fitness in Feb. Medical in March.
    Had to get eye laser sorted and got the report into them this week. Got the email today.

Induction week starting 1st July.
    Is there a WhatsApp going?

And I'm in.
    Had to get eye laser sorted and got the report into them this week. Got the email today.

Well done!
    I’m starting the induction on the 1st! Not sure if there is a what’s app? Can start one off?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vital Work

Ekox wrote: »
    Well done!
    I’m starting the induction on the 1st! Not sure if there is a what’s app? Can start one off?

Well done guys! I also have induction on the 1st so I'll join a WhatsApp too if there's one being made!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

And I'm in.

Well done but I just can't get my head around myself and others from 17 and 16 campaign are still left waiting

I done my Medical March 2018 and Passed Physical May 2018 and vetting outstanding from Feb 2018 - March 2019 then went ''Awaiting Sign Off'' from March 2019 till now and still at that stage.

It just mind boggling... Anyone else in the same boat??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    Well done but I just can't get my head around myself and others from 17 and 16 campaign are still left waiting

I done my Medical March 2018 and Passed Physical May 2018 and vetting outstanding from Feb 2018 - March 2019 then went ''Awaiting Sign Off'' from March 2019 till now and still at that stage.

I'm from 2016 got an email a few weeks back saying my file had been sent to the commissioners office for final decision . But I have been waiting three years now, had everything passed in 2017 vetting had stalled. I had to get onto a Td to get onto his contacts to try push it and find out what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

Same here and don't know why :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bvc99

Is vetting not completed in full by the local Sgt and Inspector, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

Hoping for July! Everything passed, met the Sergeant about two weeks ago now just waiting to meet the Super! Congrats everyone that got an offer :)

I can set up the WhatsApp if you want to message me your numbers ����

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SrcmabdleGegs

Ekox wrote: »
    I can set up the WhatsApp if you want to message me your numbers ����

PM sent. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Carlaoh98

Is anyone else feeling really deflated and pissed off at this stage? I’m from the 2017 campaign and have my medical and fitness done since last July. Every time I ring I keep getting told that my file is awaiting commissioners decision 🙄can’t believe people are still waiting from 2016!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Bvc99 wrote: »
    Is vetting not completed in full by the local Sgt and Inspector, no?

I think he only does local vetting. You have international vetting as well I think

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Morgan09

Carlaoh98 wrote: »
    Is anyone else feeling really deflated and pissed off at this stage? I’m from the 2017 campaign and have my medical and fitness done since last July. Every time I ring I keep getting told that my file is awaiting commissioners decision 🙄can’t believe people are still waiting from 2016!

I'm from 2016,awaiting vetting...was told I'll have to redo medical and fitness too,deflated wouldn't be the word.3 years now come September

Is anyone else feeling really deflated and pissed off at this stage? I’m from the 2017 campaign and have my medical and fitness done since last July. Every time I ring I keep getting told that my file is awaiting commissioners decision ��can’t believe people are still waiting from 2016!

Carlaoh98 the wait is painful. My vetting took until 1/5/19 to come back and i only got an email that day saying my file was in the commissioners office for final decision. I on two separate occasions got emails that my file was with senior management for final decision and i was also told on the phone it was in the commissioners office last year. I am from 2016. I am seeing that some people got offers already for July I am hoping these are just people who deffered from April and that the proper offers are out in the next two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

Clono wrote: »
    Carlaoh98 the wait is painful. My vetting took until 1/5/19 to come back and i only got an email that day saying my file was in the commissioners office for final decision. I on two separate occasions got emails that my file was with senior management for final decision and i was also told on the phone it was in the commissioners office last year. I am from 2016. I am seeing that some people got offers already for July I am hoping these are just people who deffered from April and that the proper offers are out in the next two weeks.
    Can I ask have you repeated your med and pct mind is up next month vetting outsanding

Can I ask have you repeated your med and pct mind is up next month vetting outsanding

No when I rang at some stage last year I was told I more then likely would have to but last contact all they said was it was in the commissioners office and nothing about pct or medical

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Carlaoh98

Yeah my medical was up in April and fitness will be up in July so I’m waiting for the email to say I‘ve to redo them!! Hopefully the remaining 2016/2017 candidates all get July it’s a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

I'm from 2017 too, my file is in comissioners office since last november, everytime I ring them I'm told that it is a long process and I will be contacted when decision is made, and when I ask why people from later campaigns are getting in before us, they would tell every case is different and. Absolute bs! If I was waiting for vetting, that would be fine, but everything is done and ready, someone just needs to pick up the file and tell yes or no..

I’m the same as you same dates and from 2017 I’m getting fed up also and so deflated.. it’s a joke what is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

Im from 2017 and everything completed since middle of 2018.
    In jan was waiting on deccision to be signed off and recently was told vetting outstanding which is a joke.
    There dragging it out to long now for the older campains

Lets hope wrote: »
    Im from 2017 and everything completed since middle of 2018.
    In jan was waiting on deccision to be signed off and recently was told vetting outstanding which is a joke.
    There dragging it out to long now for the older campains

Snap.. and kinda stings when other years are getting dates, feels like were forgotten about.. I worked hard to get all done even had to go back and learn IRISH and do a oral and written exam in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

if you have your interview done with superintendent done what would be holding up vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

ddylan wrote: »
    if you have your interview done with superintendent done what would be holding up vetting?
    Probably relatives like aunts/uncles, i was told by super that vetting was competed but HR have since been onto me with aunts/uncles extended family etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

Probably relatives like aunts/uncles, i was told by super that vetting was competed but HR have since been onto me with aunts/uncles extended family etc

thanks yeah i emailed them and they just told me vetting was still outstanding wouldnt tell me any more

Advertisement