Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    There has always been new technology. Jobs have always been disappearing due to new technology, and other ones are always being created in new areas.

You are either greatly misinformed or simply uneducated, as to the future developments in this 4th industrial reveloution.

One that features self-learning, self-repairing, always-on, ai machines and the sheer exponential speed of technological developments.

Non highly-educated and non-litereate people (including natives), will most likely end up on the scrapheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

There has always been new technology. Jobs have always been disappearing due to new technology, and other ones are always being created in new areas.

Not for horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

MFPM wrote: »
    At least you recognise the 'other' side are being regressive, that's a step forward.

Intersting too that you're concerned about 'childish bollox, name calling' but you seem perfectly fine with the random threats of violence but then again they're only coming from one side, the 'side' you seem most sympatheitc too.

You forgot to embolden the word just before the words you did. I’m not sympathetic to any side. I’m just calling out the bullsh*t from whatever side is spewing it about the town I’ve lived in all my life. I know what goes on around here.

And the not caring about random threats of violence? In case you don’t remember. The shining boots for the reddened arses was directed at me for calling out a bullsh*t right wing video :rolleyes:
    I don’t care if some nobody on the internet threatens to kick my arse. If he really wants to find me he can ask...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Here you go.

There isn't even a debate about whether immigration benefits societies. It's categorical. It does.

To fail to see this, one has to be illiterate in economics.
    Economists eh? Given that economists are as changeable as the Irish weather on opinions and are strangely useless in predicting trends, one would be forgiven for thinking flipping a coin would be more accurate.
    Why migration to Ireland should be encouraged
    Immigrants could be key in tackling the demographic crises faced by the State

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/why-migration-to-ireland-should-be-encouraged-1.3157810
    This is a good example of wooly thinking backing up a position the author already believes.
    Where now for Irish population levels? That will be largely determined by future migration levels. Without any net migration there will be a steady, but slow population increase given fairly constant birth and death rates. With large net immigration flows, it could increase rapidly or not increase at all if net emigration resumes.
    So who knows really? Never mind that unlike all the other examples of immigration benefits applying to some European countries in demographic free fall, Ireland is not one of them. As he says himself - as it's undeniable - we will have a steady increase in population. "Slow" is subjective. There is a major horn for and increasing meme pushing this idea of more and more population growth. Why? On the one hand we're being told that we're eating up the planet's resources at a rapidly increasing and dangerous rate, while on the other hand we're being told more people is a good thing. About the only benefit more people brings is more consumers and more workers to build the stuff they consume. Where does that end? Great for The Money™, not so great for the planet or humanity. How many phones has the average person reading this bought and discarded over the last twenty years? How many cars? How many consumer goods in general? As if that's sustainable.
    Clearly the country could accommodate say a twofold increase in population, to almost 10 million, and still have far fewer people per square kilometre than, for example, England, Germany or the Netherlands.
    So bloody what? Again with this hard on for population increase. It's frankly bewildering and more than a little blinkered.
    There is little evidence also to suggest that migrants, from the European Union in particular, push down wages or displace the jobs of domestic workers.
    [Emphasis mine] EU migrants are not at issue, nor are they the subject of this thread.
    Statistics Show Syrian Refugees Help Host Country Economies
    By Erin Rubin ERIN RUBIN | May 12, 2017

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2017/05/12/statistics-show-syrian-refugees-help-host-country-economies/
    Again America and Turkey. I have no particular issue with actual Syrian refugees by the by, but what percentage are they that have come into Europe?
    More migrant workers needed to offset ageing population, says IMF
    Fund’s report advises advanced economies against greater controls on migration

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/apr/09/get-more-migrant-workers-to-offset-strain-of-ageing-population-warns-imf
    Do NOT get me started on the IMF, and again with the demographic time bomb stuff.
    Busting Europe’s Migration Myths
    The economic benefits are huge, and public opposition is softening.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-07-12/busting-europe-s-migration-myths

Why care about undocumented immigrants? For one thing, they’ve become vital to key sectors of the US economy
    June 25, 2018 11.33am BST

https://theconversation.com/why-care-about-undocumented-immigrants-for-one-thing-theyve-become-vital-to-key-sectors-of-the-us-economy-98790
    And yet again with the demographic time bomb stuff. In Europe. Ireland is not Europe. We have the highest birthrate in the EU. The vast majority of these opinions are based on other economies like the US, or Germany, not Ireland. And though you have enough eejits spouting second hand Yank opinions and jargon, this always bears repeating on quite a few subjects: This is not America.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

Is there any safe country in africa for celts to immigrate to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

African gangs from Balbriggan getting the dart down to mug people in Clontarf.

African gangs from Balbriggan getting the dart down to mug people in Clontarf.

The battle of clontarf 1066

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Is there any safe country in africa for celts to immigrate to

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

It had been reported on social media during the week that a gang from Balbriggan were due to come to Rush this evening and wreak havoc. Guards in riot vans were driving a around Rush earlier. No sign of anything here.

Don't know if it's connected or not and can't link to it (was on a fb page) but there's supposedly a gang of about 15 youths running amok in Swords with golf clubs and crowbars (No mention of where they are from or their ethnicity)

Either way, where are the parents/guardians?

if irish people are so xenophobic why are we not having constant threads about the polish ating our swans

why do irish xenophobes only talk about muslims and africnas

surely you can say the sam about polish, or chinese, or americans, or finnish, or romanians, or german, or filipinos, or dutch, or french:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

if Irish people are so xenophobic why are we not having constant threads about the polish eating our swans

why do Irish xenophobes only talk about Muslims and Africans

surely you can say the same about polish, or Chinese, or Americans, or Finnish, or Romanians, or German, or Filipinos, or dutch, or French:confused:

The ones you really want to watch out for are those Amish it is always the quiet ones you have to be careful of.

By the way, just popping out for a while to dump a few rubbish bags on a nearby halting site.:p

why do irish xenophobes only talk about muslims and africnas

because their religious and cultural values bring little to no positive aspects to the predominantly white countries they are moving to

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

The ones you really want to watch out for are those Amish it is always the quiet ones you have to be careful of.

By the way, just popping out for a while to dump a few rubbish bags on a nearby halting site.:p

You must be busy all around north Dublin dumping rubbish on these sites.

omg your man was right about this
    screencapped for proof

because their religious and cultural values bring little to no positive aspects to the predominantly white countries they are moving to

the brittish people in rochdale would beg to differ with you

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

I've heard that these head gang members in Balbriggan use audio scrambled walkie talkies from China to progress their directions privately using the radio's audio encryption. Hard to track them if encrypted. Maybe the gaurds should look into this with their computer technicians, but to be honest, you wouldn't know what frequency they will have set up for their communications to other gang members.

I suppose the only real way of monitoring them is facebook etc... but if they cannot hack the radio encrypted communications then just going by facebook is not really going to produce accurate information.

There is a computer free software program that can monitor the airwaves in VHF and UHF called SDRsharp, But you need an RTL-SDR hardware device as well very cheap, and if you use a separate computer software program called... Deinvert Tool... https://www.rtl-sdr.com/tag/voice-inversion-scrambling/

That will unscramble voice inversion scrambling, but will not decode (BP) Basic privacy in a DMR (Digital Mobile) radio communication system.

Mad isn't it, we can monitor most activity on the net than we can our own airwaves.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

the brittish people in rochdale would beg to differ with you

Please have them post their wonderful experiences with islam and the african people in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Please have them post their wonderful experiences with islam and the african people in this thread
    This one thinks Pakistan is in Africa :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Why are you so worried about someones culture and religion why don t you just **** off and mind your own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Why are you so worried about someones culture and religion why don t you just **** off and mind your own business.

That's great in theory. If everyone did that, there'd be no problem at all. But then I'll direct you to this video from Paris, only a short hop from our shores.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's great in theory. If everyone did that, there'd be no problem at all. But then I'll direct you to this video from Paris, only a short hop from our shores.

"We do things here like we do them in our own countries" - so they are not still living in said home countries because...? This is frightening but I've got to go and get more bothered by Baby It's Cold Outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dannyriver wrote: »

Because unfortunately the beliefs and practises that some of these people are bringing with them as part of their culture and religion are at odds with the liberal, tolerant, diverse and modern society that we live in.

As we've seen already in the UK and Europe, these incompatible beliefs and practises don't get left at the border, and the hugely ironic thing is that people like yourself and others on this thread (whose freedoms would be among the first affected if these cultures took hold here) would have us ignore this disconnect and the problems it causes for...what? virtue-signalling and virtual back-slapping and "attaboys" from others?

No thanks... if you come here, you come to contribute positively and integrate into your new society - ESPECIALLY if you're entirely dependent on the goodwill (and taxes!) of your hosts. If that doesn't suit or you violate the laws and cultural norms of your hosts then back on the boat/plane with you.

"We do things here like we do them in our own countries" - so they are not still living in said home countries because...? This is frightening but I've got to go and get more bothered by Baby It's Cold Outside.

Worse is the girl in the 2nd part of the video who tries to make herself "invisible" by changing her clothing, no make up etc.

So 2 questions to our resident "nothing to worry about" types..

1. Is the "culture" and attitudes depicted in the above video something you think has any place in Ireland?

2. Why do you think that it would be any different here?

Or is this just to be dismissed as "fake news" so that these awkward questions can be ignored?

Billy Mays wrote: »
    This one thinks Pakistan is in Africa :eek:

wait are you saying islam does not exist on every continent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Worse is the girl in the 2nd part of the video who tries to make herself "invisible" by changing her clothing, no make up etc.

So 2 questions to our resident "nothing to worry about" types..

1. Is the "culture" and attitudes depicted in the above video something you think has any place in Ireland?

2. Why do you think that it would be any different here?

Or is this just to be dismissed as "fake news" so that these awkward questions can be ignored?

They are not what we want here.

It will be dismissed only by those that worship at the altar of Multiculturalism with the same religious zealotry that fundamentalist Christians worship at the altar of Christianity.

Multiculturalism is the new religion of the Far Left. Not to be criticised nor questioned.

Kind of like Catholicism here in the 1950's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

wait are you saying islam does not exist on every continent?
    No Teabag I'm not. Odd question.

You seem to be tying Afrcian people to the Rochdale abuse scandal involving British muslims of Pakistani descent, assuming that's what the "people of Rochdale" comment refers to.

Do you think Pakistan is in Africa Teabag?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MFPM

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    OK, seeing as you've provided some actual content here, I'll run through it...

I'll ignore this. Adds nothing

OK, so the basis of your argument is "the Irish went everywhere" is it?

That's true.. but they went to work and fleeing actual starvation and real poverty. They also had no welfare net or liberal backers if they didn't work/contribute.

The world was a very different place then as well where manual labour was a valuable commodity. Not so much anymore, and not in our service/knowledge-driven economy in 2018.

But, what are the benefits from your perspective then? Please do define them as you see it.

You're of course aware that we're in the midst of a housing crisis - not just in terms of available housing in suitable locations, but affordability.

So again, where do you propose to house these people? I'm assuming you're not actually serious about expelling legitimate migrants and residents in favour of these illegals who will be entirely welfare-dependent in at least the short to medium terms?

So you would propose increasing the corporation tax - the one tax our economy vitally depends on to retain those multinationals and FDI - to fund people who have no skills, no means to support themselves, and alongside that you want to give tax breaks to vulture funds (that are already ripping off renters) top house these people at presumably the taxpayer's expense at least twice over?

Everything up to "very easy" I completely agree with. Religion has caused untold damage in this country and we have finally moved away from it in the last 20 years - not entirely, but getting there.

However, the religion many of these people are bringing with them is a very different thing to the RCC. I'm sure you're aware of the problems in the UK, or mainland Europe, or the poor Irish lecturer who was murdered by a former student in France this week because he allegedly insulted the Prophet.

Apples and oranges.

Based on the evidence of your replies, you should stick to posing questions!
    I'll ignore this. Adds nothing

If you bothered to pay attention, you'll note I was responding to your fellow traveller 'enricoh' who lifted your questions without due reference to you - the definition of plagiarism.
    OK, so the basis of your argument is "the Irish went everywhere" is it?

No, that's your subjective interpretation of what I posted. The point about unskilled economic Irish migrants was an aspect of the point I made, not the basis.
    That's true.. but they went to work and fleeing actual starvation and real poverty.

At least you're consistent with the generalisations. Irish people in main have left this country for economic reasons, some at a point in history fled starvation and 'real' poverty - many didn't, they simply wanted a better life, with a job etc. Many incoming migrants are dealing with difficult situations - what's the difference?
    They also had no welfare net or liberal backers if they didn't work/contribute.

In some cases perhaps not, they did take jobs off indigenous populations and housing and services etc - you think the Irish didn't put pressure on the NHS? The fact that people didn't have access to SW specifically is hardly an argument against Ireland not providing it, is it? In places like the US, SW is not available in the same way as it is/was in Wetern Europe? If we allowed migrants to access work perhaps there wouldn't be the same reliance on welfare but then of course you and your type would be screesning about jobs.
    The world was a very different place then as well where manual labour was a valuable commodity. Not so much anymore, and not in our service/knowledge-driven economy in 2018.

Not sure of the purpose of this point but isn't it interesting given what I've just posted how the world being a different place then to now is OK when it suits your argument?
    But, what are the benefits from your perspective then? Please do define them as you see it.

You posed the question - you define what you mean by 'benefits' - I asked you previously and you ignored it.
    You're of course aware that we're in the midst of a housing crisis - not just in terms of available housing in suitable locations, but affordability.

No, the housing crisis just passed me by, I wasn't aware! :rolleyes:

You will note I refereed to the crisis which is a failure of housing policy over several decades in particular an over dependence on the private market. You on the other hand had nothing to contribute apart from citing it in an anti migrant hissy fit.
    So again, where do you propose to house these people? I'm assuming you're not actually serious about expelling legitimate migrants and residents in favour of these illegals who will be entirely welfare-dependent in at least the short to medium terms?

I asnwered it, try read more closely. I wasn't proposing expelling anyone but if you want to discuss migration and the housing crisis then you should focus on those who are actually exerting pressure on the cost of housing and the cost of rent, you won't because it doesn't fit your narrative - you're simply interested in spouting simplistic nonsense.
    So you would propose increasing the corporation tax - the one tax our economy vitally depends on to retain those multinationals and FDI - to fund people who have no skills, no means to support themselves,

Yes of course I would increase CT, only a fool wouldn't. We had vicious, violent austerity for seven years in this country with some of the most vulnerable hit hard and the MNCs were hit for f@ck all. It's amusing how you leap to defend the massive profiteering of the MNCs while attacking in the main vulnerable migrants - how human of you.
    and alongside that you want to give tax breaks to vulture funds (that are already ripping off renters) top house these people at presumably the taxpayer's expense at least twice over?

Seriously? Initially I thought you had trouble reading, I'm now doubting your cognitave reasoning. My quote below.....
    That would be taxation, perhaps we could stop giving tax breaks to REITs and increase corpo tax - what you think?
    However, the religion many of these people are bringing with them is a very different thing to the RCC.

Is it? Most Africans certainly those from Nigeria are from Christian churches.
    I'm sure you're aware of the problems in the UK, or mainland Europe, or the poor Irish lecturer who was murdered by a former student in France this week because he allegedly insulted the Prophet.

What problems? One man kills a lecturer and you want to ban migrants? Can I lock you up because you're a man and most rapists are men, seriously grow the f@ck up?

Now if you want to pose questions, fine, but do have the courtesy to reply accurately to the points made and don't infer or make up meaning to suit your 'argument', I've neither the time or the interest to enagage with such disingeniousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

DS86DS wrote: »
    **** all to do with Balbriggan does it? A traumatised couple talking about been attacked by the little sh¦ts IN BALBRIGGAN has nothing to do with Balbriggan?????

Alright I've had enough of the softie polite approach........When this lot gets deported, I would be thinking you lot would follow

I will personally shine my boots and kick your reddened arses into outer space where the lot of you belong

Except they weren't in Balbriggan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MFPM

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not to mention they're fellow EU citizens and have every right to be here working and contributing. That seems irrelevant though.

Indeed but of course they are still exerting massive pressure on the cost of housing and rents which of course is the context of the point, do keep up.

I see young Wibbs 'liked' your comment - he's clearly confude on the point being made too, nice you have some company in your confusion thugh! Nice to see also he's not opposed to all 'multiculturalism'...you couldn't make this stuff up :D

• Advertisement

MFPM wrote: »

... lots of personal insults (in almost every line!), deflection, and yet nothing actually answered...

Fair enough then. You clearly can't articulate whatever "point" it is you're trying to make here without throwing a tantrum so I'll ignore your "contributions" from here on out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement