Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thank you cards

Options
  • 27-10-2014 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

My wife is not originally from this country and didn't know most of the people at our wedding so it was left to me to organise the thank you cards. I've been working mad hours the last few months and I still haven't got around to sending any. Is it too late to send them now, should I just forget about it (it's about 3 months now) or is it really bad form to not send any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

17larsson wrote: »
    My wife is not originally from this country and didn't know most of the people at our wedding so it was left to me to organise the thank you cards. I've been working mad hours the last few months and I still haven't got around to sending any. Is it too late to send them now, should I just forget about it (it's about 3 months now) or is it really bad form to not send any?

3-6 months is about the norm, so send them on. Please don't forget about them, it's terribly rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Though I'm not sure why it is relevant that your wife didn't know most of the guests. There were plenty of people at my wedding that I didn't know (friends of the in laws, OH's workmates, etc). I still wrote all the thank you cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

You've got up to a year to send them. Absolutely send them, it's classless not to thank your guests.

Whether or not your wife knows your guests, it's still proper order to thank them and, I'd imagine, share the task of writing them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Not sure about "up to a year".

But in any case better to send them late (whenever!) than never.

DIvide and conquer - half to your wife half to you - all you're writing is thank you for being part of our day and your lovely gift. Not sure why your wife can't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Definitely better to send them late than not at all! I wouldn't consider three months to be late, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

amdublin wrote: »
    Not sure about "up to a year".

Well, I think the etiquette dictates that you can give a wedding gift up to six months after the wedding. (Not sure about this, can someone clarify?) So I guess 'Thank You' etiquette would account for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Didn't send any. And hate to recieve them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I've gotten some two years later... Which was a surprise, but their house got flooded and the original batch of cards floated away.

Do them.

Put them in a pile on the dinner table, or near the tv... Wherever you sit down after work. Do a couple a night, you willbe done in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Did ours a month after the wedding. I had an Excel spreadsheet detailing who gave what, so that the cards could be personalised a bit. He & I sat down one night, and went through the list like a dose of salts!

Next day - Divided up the cards into Irish and International. Went to the PO and posted them all off. Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

Yeah cheers for the replies,
    I'm just after finishing them all there and will post them tomorrow. Better late than never and feel much better for it as well. It's the decent thing to do even if I'm pretty late doing it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You're not! Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I got ours out a week before our first anniversary, so you're doing well in comparison to me! It's better to send them late than not to bother.

Advertisement