Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

reportage photographers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

*eadaoin wrote: »
    thanks everyone for all the links, i finally found someone

Well done and it seems a good choice too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

website looks very impressive and price is excellent ...... a good find ...congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I've been watching this thread for a while and I have to say Pauls post is excellent. It takes a highly skilled photographer to do reportage well, it is something that people think, oh yeah I'll just go out and take a load of pics of the guests laughing' but its not that easy.

Reportage is not my style before we go any further, so I'm not trying to jump on the bandwagon, although I include natural shots I am aiming for something more edgy than the norm. There are a lot of photographers out there offering the same sort of shots and it can be very hard to choose, I know myself from when I was looking I found it almost impossible to find the right photographer for my wedding. The only one that blew me away quoted €2400 which was way out of my budget. There seems to be a lot more choice now, even though I only married a year ago.

Couples need to decide what they want from their photographer, if they want traditional go with the norm, natural go with reportage or something different they need go for someone who supplies this. Some photographers will say you need should only spend a day editing, like Paul said the guts of a week is a good time scale, I would do normal edits and come back a couple of days later with a fresh mind and then add my extra touches over the course of another couple of days, coming back bit by bit in order to give each shot equal attention rather than try to rush things.

I'm glad you have finally chosen your photographer and hope you are satisfied with the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

thanks everyone for all the links, i finally found someone on a reccomendation who is just what i'm looking for: http://aspectphotography.net/index.html

You're welcome :D

Shane is an excellent photographer, with a unique style which is rare these days. One of the few wedding photographers in Ireland I've been impressed with from my trawls through the internet. He's one of the few photographers I'd want to do my own wedding. (if that day ever comes :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭KATM

thanks everyone for all the links, i finally found someone on a reccomendation who is just what i'm looking for: http://aspectphotography.net/index.html

he has offered us a great deal, yes it's over €1000 but i'm happy to pay because i really love his work, he's a high quality photographer & has great artistic talent, a unique portfolio and i actually think that it's worth it. i can't believe the prices some photographers ask for work that is much lower quality and quite repetitive! i've seen the same kind of wedding shots over and over. an relative of mine who got married over 10 years ago looked at her wedding photographers website and saw that this person was still taking the exact same photos with the wedding party or bride in the exact same poses 10 years later! i know the irish market is somewhat traditional but i think it's a bit ridiculous to be repeating the same shots over and over.

anyway, he gave us a great deal and impressed us both with his fantastic attitude and approach to his work. and he's also going to do some unusal work for me with lomography and lensbaby which makes me very happy!

Paul your post on wedding photographers is really excellent, these are all important things that should be taken into consideration and i don't think it sounded judgemental at all. it's important to make sure you're getting good quality for the price that you're being asked to pay :)

thanks a million for all the replies and PMs but i'm happy now with who i've chosen :D

Hi there,

I understand that quite a while has passed since your post re: wedding photographers. But we are in a very similar predicament at the moment. Is there anyway you could share the price you were charged by aspect photography for your wedding?

Thanks,
    K

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

I am thinking about getting Roger Overall- he comes highly recommended from a few people I know and he has won numerous awards for reportage photography. He has a great blog on his website. He is pricey but I think I would rather pay for excellent photos and have no video that average photos and an average video.

http://www.rogeroverall.net/#/Wedding%20Stories/Ashleigh%20&%20Dominic/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Heineken Helen

This may not be what you are looking for, as you seem to be looking for very high quality photographs...

I know people who asked around 4 different guests (people with good cameras who like taking photographs) to take photographs at their wedding. They got some gorgeous natural photos (in my opinion!) and none of the guests felt under too much pressure as they knew there were a few other people taking photos also.

Hope you find your dream photographer!

This is what I'm hoping to do... At the top of my head I can think of 4 people who treat photography as a 'serious hobby' who will be at my wedding. They have good cameras too and I always enjoy looking through their pics after any event so I know they're good. I can arrange for them to be sat at key places in the church etc and ask them if they would like to offer their skills as my wedding gift. This is one example of how I want people to be involved at the wedding, not only to save costs but also to make it more intimate.

I have to figure out who to ask to do the video yet.

Advertisement