Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It might be a bit stale by the time it gets to you.

True, considering have still not received birthday cards from September 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Folks house playing Scrabble with my mam. God help me.

Shpud2 sorry for your loss, it's a tough place to be, don't expect yourself to have all the answers, take the time to look after yourself and everything else will fall into place

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

tae, ham/cheese bap & Netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Having a glass of prosecco in my pjs, saying screw my occupational therapist today :p

I am so sorry for your loss Shpud x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Date night with daddy :)

Spud so sorry for your loss xxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I’ll have a drink for you tonight and sending you every single good vibe I can find (there’s not very many I’m a cranky cow :D)

It’s not a number day, it’s a you day. Birthdays are about everything that makes you happy. So spoil yourself and enjoy the rest of your day.
    B051-A3-BA-0-C5-F-43-BA-81-F1-9-E3-CFFA2-E10-E.jpg

I LOVE this ha ha - and I'm not a pink, girly girl but oh how PWETTY!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I am at home. Went shopping earlier with my dad. Bought a suit and got a haircut. Came home and spent about an hour at the bedside of my grandfather until he passed away. It's been only an hour. It's still very raw. Lots of people cried but there was no emotion from me. I think I feel some comfort in the fact that I was there with him in his final moments and that he went peacefully at home like he wanted. I've just had a friend ring me so I know I've loads of support but for now I don't know what to do.

Sorry for your loss Shpud.....you keep posting in here regardless of what emotion you feel...

The four ladies are in the kitchen.....my happy place.....need to get out there soon and bake something.....anything....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    I LOVE this ha ha - and I'm not a pink, girly girl but oh how PWETTY!!!! :pac:

😆😂

gifted wrote: »
    The four ladies are in the kitchen.....my happy place.....need to get out there soon and bake something.....anything....

Are they all still odd with you? 😀

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Workside..

*HUGS* Shpud

😆😂

Are they all still odd with you? 😀

There a funny breed....enough said lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Shoo them out , bake a cake (ng's in disguise;)) and you'll be out of the dog house and back in the good books again !

There a funny breed....enough said lol lol

Yea people in the west are a different breed alright :D

Carside

Autosport wrote: »
    Yea people in the west are a different breed alright :D

Carside

Couldn't agree more......thank God I'm from cork.
    ...like....

Lol lol

Couldn't agree more......thank God I'm from cork.
    ...like....

Lol lol

Oh you're one of those :eek:

It's ok I like cork and Some cork people ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Autosport wrote:
    Yea people in the west are a different breed alright

gifted wrote:
    Couldn't agree more......thank God I'm from cork. ...like....

HEY!!! :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I didn't see your post Shpud. I'm sorry for your loss and the only advice I can give is that there is no right or wrong way to grieve so just do what feels the best for you.

Happy Birthday NG, I'm having a(nother) glass of prosecco in your honour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

In a chipper overhearing somebody on the phone talking about why Sarah should have known not to invite sinead

In a chipper overhearing somebody on the phone talking about why Sarah should have known not to invite sinead

It is your mission to find out why

What did Sinead do?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

HEY!!! :p:D

*stirs the pot*

Shots fired! :3

Sarah Connor. Sinead O'Connor! Think about that. Holy ****!!! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sorry for your loss Shpud. Take comfort that you were there with him at the end. Well done for being strong enough to make that happen.
    No one knows what to do at times like these, that's when all the rituals help, the wake, the funeral, all that stuff. I'm not religious but think all the Irish rituals around death are probably the most useful in the immediate aftermath, so chat to the neighbours coming in with food, sit around telling stories, probablybsome laughing and crying, whatever, there's no right or wrong. Mind yourself and reach out to whoever you need to if you need to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭its_steve116

On the bus from Greystones to Dublin Airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I am at home. Went shopping earlier with my dad. Bought a suit and got a haircut. Came home and spent about an hour at the bedside of my grandfather until he passed away. It's been only an hour. It's still very raw. Lots of people cried but there was no emotion from me. I think I feel some comfort in the fact that I was there with him in his final moments and that he went peacefully at home like he wanted. I've just had a friend ring me so I know I've loads of support but for now I don't know what to do.

So so sorry Shpud.

That will always help, even when you miss him the most, having been there and seeing him go peacefully at home will always bring you comfort. Look after yourself, go with the flow in the coming days.

Sorry for your loss Shpud x

Half way through a bottle of red, blame NG lol.. Was babysitting today and they've just gone home, mother of god I'm wrecked.. All the expensive toys cast aside, I'm blowing bubbles from Penneys and playing with balloons all day.. Pass that fecking glass lol.

Sorry for your loss Shpud x

Half way through a bottle of red, blame NG lol.. Was babysitting today and they've just gone home, mother of god I'm wrecked.. All the expensive toys cast aside, I'm blowing bubbles from Penneys and playing with balloons all day.. Pass that fecking glass lol.

you mean it hasn't made you broody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Booking a trip to Amsterdam. Going with my cousin. This will not end well. Dumb and dumber on tour

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    you mean it hasn't made you broody?

That ship has sailed thank fcuk.. 😜

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement