Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cull the Herd

• 14-05-2019 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Are there too many people in the world? Or do you think there will be? They predict almost 10 billion people will be on the Earth by 2050 and over 11 billion by 2100. Can we continue to produce enough food to feed everyone? Natural resources running low? At some stage, a decision might have to be made on culling the herd.
    Would you be in favour of culling the herd and who do you think should be culled and how would we reach a fair decision on it? I think rapists and murderers lives might be in danger. Each country could offer up their own to save themselves. After this, we could still have too many. There might be a vote on which nation gets wiped out.
    It's horrendous to think we could sink to this level but it's possible. Do you think many would vote for us? We're great so probably not. Not saying anything anti British but they would be one of the favourites to top the vote. They've a history of wiping out millions of people so it could be seen as only right that they reap what they sowed.
    Who would you vote for if it came to it? What do you think is going to happen when the population grows to over 11 billion? Do you like brown sauce on your sandwiches? Are you going to choose me for culling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Are you going to choose me for culling?

You betcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

**cough cough** thanos **cough cough**

• OP just dying to earn Prison access revoked

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Purge 5: The Malthusian Crisis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Who would you vote for if it came to it?

Rereg trolls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Honestly, I have no clue what any of you are talking about. Not saying that you're in line for the cull but you haven't helped your chances of avoiding it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

We need another Stalin or Mao to sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

If there is one thing the hard left do well, it is genocide.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Water John

We've had that story since 1970. ATM somewhere between one third and a half of the food produced is not consumed. Predictions are that the pop will flatline around 11bn. Focus more on the climate problem than the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

We will never 'cull' humans, at very very worst forced abortions to halt the birth rate. If nobody was having babies the worlds population very soon not be an issue with millions of people worldwide not being replaced weekly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Bangladesh is an excellent example of where, with education, esp of women, along with access to contraception, most families now have two children at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Culling won't work, because there's too many people who think every one has the same rights (regardless if they're a paedo, rapist, murderer, etc). So culling won't work. Maybe if they introduced a system like The Purge, it would take care of itself, but I don't trust everyone else to not break the law during the remaining 364 days.

What will work, in this country at least, is cap the child benefit at 2 children. When scumbags realise they won't get more money for popping out kids, they'll stop, as will most other people unless they're very well off. Less kids means less adults down the line, thus reducing the overall population.

Granted, the tiny change in this country is but a drop in the ocean, so no idea how to control the rest of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

I have a few children, I'd be happy to get rid of them if it meant saving the world. I'm a hero really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Not at the same time mind, it'd split the world, all kinds of fukkery would ensue. Natural disasters seem to 'cull the herd' anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Put Fine Gael, Fianna Fail and all there supporters into a big pit and let them fight it out bare chested, thrown a few hang sandwiches and bottles of lemonade from time to time and then see who's left. And we put any survivors on a little island owned by the Haugheys.

Put Fine Gael, Fianna Fail and all there supporters into a big pit and let them fight it out bare chested, thrown a few hang sandwiches and bottles of lemonade from time to time and then see who's left. And we put any survivors on a little island owned by the Haugheys.

Won’t you miss your boyfriend if we do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Who gets to decide who goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Your Face wrote: »
    Who gets to decide who goes?

Hunger Games style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Hunger Games style

Bore people to death with ****e films, it may work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Here's the real problem.
    People in countries that already have a declining population, agonising about overpopulation in the world.
    Meanwhile people in other countries with no interest in such matters breeding like rabbits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

recedite wrote: »
    Here's the real problem.
    People in countries that already have a declining population, agonising about overpopulation in the world.
    Meanwhile people in other countries with no interest in such matters breeding like rabbits.

If we got the Pope to lift his ban on contraception among the gullible people of the third world (even though many of them are not Catholics, but some are), it would be a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

22 posts in and no mention of blasting Leitrim off the map to leave the country looking like a badly home made donut.

I'm amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yeah, I've seen Children of Men, I dont like how that depressing world goes.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Won’t you miss your boyfriend if we do that?

What Joan Burton and I get up to of an avinin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

janfebmar wrote: »
    If we got the Pope to lift his ban on contraception among the gullible people of the third world (even though many of them are not Catholics, but some are), it would be a start.
    That would help, but Catholics are not the worst. Italy where the Pope lives is well below replacement rate.
    Syria; population in 1970 was 6.3M but by 2010 was 21M.
    Iraq; population in 1970 was 9.9M but by 2010 was 31M.
    Somalia; population in 1970 was 3.4M but by 2010 was 12M
    Nigeria; population in 1970 was 55M but by 2010 was 158M

What Joan Burton and I get up to of an avinin...

Leo Varadker - you took his partners name (Matt Barrett) as your username, right? Or is that a coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't worry, we are well due another big war or natural catastrophe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Anti-Vaxxers are doing their bit. Are you ?

In reality population growth is slowing down in countries that have decent healthcare. It's a non-issue.

Leo Varadker - you took his partners name (Matt Barrett) as your username, right? Or is that a coincidence?

Are you five O?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Stuck in the last century.......move on amaceen .......

Advertisement