Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Annular Fissure in Lumber Spine L5

• 17-03-2019 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello.

I have a disk bulge with an annular fissure at L5/SI. The fluid leaking from the disk is inflaming the nerve thus causing significant pain.I am a 30 year old male, former athlete due to this injury which first surfaced in November 2016. I have had various treatments some of which included laser, epidurals, spinal decompression, chiropractor, physiotherapy, physical therapy, dry needling, acupuncture, neuro prolotherapy. The pain is in the lower right back, just above the iliac crest and travels down the front of the right leg, the proximal thigh and very bad pain in the posterior of the right leg in the calf region. Occasionally the foot will go numb. The only position of ease is lying in the fetal position on my right side. I have given up athletics, former runner, mainly cross country and trail (average 70 miles per week) and also left my office job due to the increased pain from sitting down. A spinal consultant in Cork declined the opportunity to operate on it as he was unsure on success.
    Does anyone have any recommendations on who I could go to or what treatment to try next? Thanks

Advertisement