Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Farting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

I dropped one in a very very quiet bar at a night club .
    Moved away from the scene , 2 lads went up to the bar .
    There was literally tears in their eyes .
    They moved away broken men !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I remember once I was in a strip club and it was a seedy place with f- all men in the place, I was having a beer and watching the ladies dance, the stage was a good distance away so I let one off .... a silent but violent one, of course 20 seconds later a stripper comes over looking for a private dance.

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

TomSweeney wrote: »
    I remember once I was in a strip club and it was a seedy place with f- all men in the place, I was having a beer and watching the ladies dance, the stage was a good distance away so I let one off .... a silent but violent one, of course 20 seconds later a stripper comes over looking for a private dance.

Jaysus

How did you deal with that, Tom? Go with the classic, ‘can’t get good staff these days’, or something more creative?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have a friend who's married seven years and she has never farted in front of her husband. I find that immeasurably sad. The day when you can fart in front of your partner is a happy one indeed. Nothing worse than coming home for the first few months doubled over with cramps from holding them in all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I've always wanted to change my GamerTag to "A good fart"

The kill feed would be great.

You've just been killed by "A good fart"

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I have a friend who's married seven years and she has never farted in front of her husband. I find that immeasurably sad. The day when you can fart in front of your partner is a happy one indeed. Nothing worse than coming home for the first few months doubled over with cramps from holding them in all night.
    It's probably no coincidence that in my longest relationship, we were both comfortable enough that we'd fart in front of one another. In fact there was always a bottle of Febreze close-to-hand for exactly that purpose - the penalty for farting in bed was having it sprayed all over you.

Farting: bringing people closer together since the dawn of mankind.

valoren wrote: »
    The ones that sound like they're asking a question get me :D

Would that be ones with a Cork accent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I think theres no issue with being relaxed enough with someone, to be comfortable to let one rip., now and then when "under a bit of pressure"

That said, while it is a natural function.as is an ejaculation, bare in mind that you're basically ejecting the gaseous contents of your rectum, that heretofore had been permeating through your faeces.
    You wouldn't drop the keks and drop a deuce, which is merely another state of matter from the same orifice, in front of your other half, stranger or recent acquaintance (with voluntary and solicited exceptions) without expecting some objection.

No they're the ones that go up and down.

Ones that go up at the end are more Australian?

No they're the ones that go up and down.

Ones that go up at the end are more Australian?

I wouldn’t know. I don’t fart. I literally don’t actually fart!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Lads I was in college with used to light them up. Killed the whiff a bit I guess.

I wouldn’t know. I don’t fart. I literally don’t actually fart!

Ah hear. Everyone farts!
    Some a bit more con brio than others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Someone just stuck their head round the door and said what the hell are you laughing so much about!?

:D

Ah hear. Everyone farts!
    Some a bit more con brio than others

No I don’t, I don’t have the organ that farts!

You don't have a bum? :eek:

You might not have an organ, but i bet you've a hoop.

Zorya wrote: »
    You don't have a bum? :eek:

Nope, got it stitched closed after my entire colon was removed 😂

You might not have an organ, but i bet you've a hoop.

See above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Went to pickup a GF years ago,a farmers daughter. The nerves were high and the gut on edge,got her in the car and as we were leaving her father was speeding slurry. Young Djimi spotted his moment and let one out,it was vile,some whack of that slurry says I,sure is says she, quickly followed by did u swallow much if it!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

• Advertisement

Pix or GTFO

i dont want pix

See above :)
    Oh. I'm sorry.

Nope, got it stitched closed after my entire colon was removed ��
    Jesus. Tell me not to pry if I am doing so, or if this is a stupid question, but -- is there a particular reason why that's done after removing the colon?

Can they not just connect the parts of the gastro-intestinal tract that are still working?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

Well at least you can't be called an arshole again. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

A powerful ripping fart first thing in the morning is life affirming.

It's akin to waking up with a massive erection.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Nothing better than leaving off a ripper in a pub or night club especially on the dance floor or the bar

Great craic in a lift. The silent assassin.

How did you deal with that, Tom? Go with the classic, ‘can’t get good staff these days’, or something more creative?

I started the old blowing trick .... you know when you try and disperse the noxious fumes ? - but of course you need to try and disguise the actual blowing action, so it's like you are playing an invisible tin whistle.

Sometimes I miss the smoking ban.

It's probably no coincidence that in my longest relationship, we were both comfortable enough that we'd fart in front of one another. In fact there was always a bottle of Febreze close-to-hand for exactly that purpose - the penalty for farting in bed was having it sprayed all over you.

Farting: bringing people closer together since the dawn of mankind.

We even have an expression for it - on farting terms with someone!

TomSweeney wrote: »
    I started the old blowing trick .... you know when you try and disperse the noxious fumes ? - but of course you need to try and disguise the actual blowing action, so it's like you are playing an invisible tin whistle.

Sometimes I miss the smoking ban.
    I don't know this is an urban myth, but I had a classmate who swears she dated a guy with acid reflux, and every time she came back from the bar or from the ladies', he was tilting in his seat, with a cigarette-lighter pointed towards his ass.

Apparently acid reflux causes gassiness, and his was barely under control.

Reader, they did not remain a couple for very long.

• Advertisement

In the immortal words of Dave Allen....

If we didn't fart, we'd explode!

Advertisement