Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official weather station in Co. Wexford

• 21-02-2019 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'd like to compare the values, temperature, pressure, %RH from my own domestic weather station against an official weather station in the country.
    Could you tell me where are weather stations (with the sensors) around Arklow, Gorey and Wexford area where I could place my own sensors nearby and compare the values?

Thank you for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Trompette wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'd like to compare the values, temperature, pressure, %RH from my own domestic weather station against an official weather station in the country.
    Could you tell me where are weather stations (with the sensors) around Arklow, Gorey and Wexford area where I could place my own sensors nearby and compare the values?

Thank you for your help

The nearest synoptic stations are Johnstown Castle and Oak Park. There are many more climatological stations but their readings are not published in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Trompette

Thank you Goath Laidir,

I'll visit the castle in the same time. If you know exactly where are the sensors, I'll try to be close to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Trompette wrote: »
    Thank you Goath Laidir,

I'll visit the castle in the same time. If you know exactly where are the sensors, I'll try to be close to them.

Here's a table of the exact coordinates and aerial images of all the stations in the Met Éireann network.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107460141

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

'Mothman', a poster on here (though I haven't seen him on here in a long while) I believe runs an official weather station in Ashford, Wicklow (or at least he once did). He might be worth getting in contact with.

http://www.wicklowweather.com/

New Moon

Advertisement