Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&R Marketplace - Arcade and Retro 3D Printing Service

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thanks Steve , they look great. I will use them , either in the falcon itself or in the diaorama I plan on building for the falcon when it’s complete. (Some day)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Just wanted to say that my package came today Steve, and thanks a million, especially for the extras.

It was really well packed and everything came in one piece, that ABS / Nylon Hybrid is pretty damn tough, I couldn't break the plastic labelled "break me!"

Thanks a million for your service, you're a great asset to the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Doge wrote: »
    Just wanted to say that my package came today Steve, and thanks a million, especially for the extras.

It was really well packed and everything came in one piece, that ABS / Nylon Hybrid is pretty damn tough, I couldn't break the plastic labelled "break me!"

Thanks a million for your service, you're a great asset to the forum.

Hopefully the parts work out for you. That extra pearly blue material I included is my own plastic and colour mix.

3D printed Simon the Sorcerer lithophane. This one took a bit of work, but I'm happy with it. It's a gift for a big Simon fan.

lPNmZXq.jpg

0edvsla.jpg

sgjAtHK.jpg

IkakWpW.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks for the wonderful one you made for me, as a present for She Who Must Be Obeyed.
    You can post it up if you like, very nice indeed.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thanks for the wonderful one you made for me, as a present for She Who Must Be Obeyed.
    You can post it up if you like, very nice indeed.

No problem, it turned out nice that one.

bFFozrg.jpg

eVzMwNg.jpg

kEVl8eK.jpg

This week I finished the Dual analog handbrakes and dual shifter mod for my Sim Racing Rig thanks to the 3d printed parts sent by Steve. The idea is to switch between sided for Left Hand Drive and Right Hand Drive Cars to make it more immersive in VR.

Sliding potentiometer installed:
    UrEt27T.jpg

All the mechanical bits installed:
    3hSdD5v.jpg

Here's a video of me demonstrating the switch boxes to switch between each side:

I haven't been so lucky with the Game Frame yet, those wiring diagrams were for a different type of LED matrix and I ended up smoking out the Teensy LC microcontroller! Im going to have to ask for help on the game frame forums.

Thanks Steve.

Glad some of it working out for ya :)

I'm moving most of my 3D printing stuff over to Gadunky.com at the moment, so if you need stuff done you can contact me via that as well as here.
    I added my own take on 3D printed lithophanes(Blaze style) to the site recently and its taken off quite a bit, so i'll sort out other services through it as well rather than the old site you might have seen. Massive backlog at the moment due to one of my lithophanes ending up on the front page of imgur.com a week or two ago, so a lot of orders from that. Should be cleared up in a week if you need more done.

Few examples here:
    https://www.gadunky.com/product-category/3dprint/lithophane/

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Massive backlog at the moment due to one of my lithophanes ending up on the front page of imgur.com a week or two ago, so a lot of orders from that.

Oh Wow! :eek:
    Congratulations! That's a heavy amount of promotion and well deserved.

You should put up the Red Dead 2 one also if you want to go mega viral!

• Advertisement

You should put up the Red Dead 2 one also if you want to go mega viral!

I'm just about keeping up with the orders as it is, no more viral hits for a while please :)
    Offering the 3D files as a download is definitely the way to go and most of my orders come in that way. It doesn't matter if i sell 5 or 50,000 a day of the 3D files, its all automatic on the site and no extra work is involved. But the prints take a long time to finish, so I've got 6 or 7 printers running 24/7 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

wow these look fantastic

BGOllie wrote: »
    wow these look fantastic

Cheers,
    I was doing them more or less the same as other people do, but then i decided to try a very different way and got good results.
    Some people want me to colour them, but they're completely missing the point. It's a colourless lithophane. I use cool and warm white light and different types of white plastic to trick/fake/shade them.

This is my most recent one, hasn't gone online yet.

KV9USEP.jpg

6E2m124.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

The "You shall not pass" one is unreal looking!!

The "You shall not pass" one is unreal looking!!

I'm quite happy with that one myself.
    The original artist is very fond of my version of his artwork. He gets a share of sales from that of course, so what's not to like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭geotrig

agree , was looking at them yesterday and if i hadnt already bought my brother his xmas present that was a serious contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Has anyone come across a 3D printed widened Snes cart slot? I remember we were talking about them a while ago. Getting sick of using my action replay cart as a passthrough!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭Inviere

o1s1n wrote: »
    Has anyone come across a 3D printed widened Snes cart slot? I remember we were talking about them a while ago. Getting sick of using my action replay cart as a passthrough!

Sounds like someone’s playing through Earthbound....

Master of the Universe

Inviere wrote: »
    Sounds like someone’s playing through Earthbound....

The action replay keeps wiping my Earthbound save! :(

Same issue I had with Super Metroid and that magic disk copier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭Inviere

o1s1n wrote: »
    The action replay keeps wiping my Earthbound save! :(

Same issue I had with Super Metroid and that magic disk copier.

Definitely not the cart battery?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Initially I thought it was, but then I remembered years back when I played through Super Metroid first, I had the cart in a disk copier and it wiped the save every time.

Seems Action Replays/Game Genies can too!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/82155-snes-game-genie-deleted-my-metroid-save/

Free Game Boy 3D printable lithophane for those with 3D printers.

https://www.gadunky.com/product/game_boy/

You can also grab it on Thingiverse along with my other free stuff.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/RetromanIE/designs

KOk5u1t.jpg

I’ve been looking to get a few plastic coin mechs done, like using coins but there always needing to been adjusted .. found something like Iam after here, basically to allow any coin through

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2740435

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3253175

Think you could do me up one? And then if it fits I’ll get another few for the rest of them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My Veccy is missing a knob since I got it, turns out there's a 3D printed replacement.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1257787

Any chance someone could rustle me up one, in black?

I never got a response so not sure if Steve is still offering this service, got mine done elsewhere, maybe you will have better luck!

Printed an on/off/volume knob for the Vectrex today. the original is in the centre, the one on the right came out the smoothest.

Now if only I knew someone that needed one...

486822.jpg

Oh who could need one indeed....

tenor.gif

Master of the Universe

Printed an on/off/volume knob for the Vectrex today. the original is in the centre, the one on the right came out the smoothest.

Now if only I knew someone that needed one...

You have a 3d printer now?? excellent!

If you can manage to develop and print this as an idea you'll be a millionare overnight*

https://www.shapeways.com/product/LP8W33EJB/sfc-snes-cartridge-slot-conversion

*might be a slight embellishment

Been a while since a request was made, and this isn't even A&R related... well not in it's entirety.

I would like to have a reset button for my Vectrex printed up,

Vectrex Reset Button

as well as a set (4) of leg extensions for my newly acquired 3DR Solo drone.

3DR Leg Extensions

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Been a while since a request was made, and this isn't even A&R related... well not in it's entirety.

I would like to have a reset button for my Vectrex printed up,

Vectrex Reset Button

as well as a set (4) of leg extensions for my newly acquired 3DR Solo drone.

3DR Leg Extensions

I should stick up some more sample pics to liven up the thread maybe.

I'd say the reset button would be best done in resin(its a simple shape but I'm guessing you want it as perfect as possible). I could do the legs on a standard 3D printer, perhaps in PETG or ASA materials for strength.
    Either way, no problem to do and wont be pricey(couple euro worth of material and postage on top).

For the resin I'd probably do a mix of 20% tough resin(Siraya Blu), 5% flex resin(Siraya tenacious) and the rest would be standard ABS like resin.

What colour do you want the button and legs?
    Do you want a few sets of legs? As someone who also fly's drones, these leg extensions will break after a while, or after a 1 rough landing :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement