Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Any tickets for the ott liger show left?
    Last-minute thing to go ... not sure if it's sold out or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Any tickets for the ott liger show left?
    Last-minute thing to go ... not sure if it's sold out or not.

Yep. Just go on to eventbrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

brianblaze wrote: »
    Liger having his breakfast in Supermacs is the best tweet you'll see all week!

https://twitter.com/Liger_NJPW/status/1106521745815556096

the stray horse tweet right after this one had me in stitches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

One of the lads from the flats are injured, they been replaced by Club Tropicana!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sirsok wrote: »
    One of the lads from the flats are injured, they been replaced by Club Tropicana!

Remember Savio Vega replacing Shawn Michaels at No Way Out of Texas? Well this is the exact opposite of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 princeparsnips

Club Tropicana to become the best tag team in the world, move over mizmcmahon
    Going to Scrapper but might end up flying solo! Not sure how much craic that'll be, but need to see Devlin beat Walter! It'll be like Shane Long V Germany all over again!

I've gone to OTT shows solo for the last 2 years :/

A Tropicana v Lads from the Flats fued would be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Best OTT show ever, without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Best show ive been to in Ireland for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Genuinely didn't hear a word Zack Gibson said tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

cian68 wrote: »
    Genuinely didn't hear a word Zack Gibson said tonight

As is tradition.

That KOTN vs BSS encounter caught me totally by surprise. Liger seems such a class act. The videos OTT do are next level stuff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

One hell of a show! I drove up from Limerick for it. Just home in my bed again now. Absolutely worth the round trip.

I lost my backpack ...has my all my stuff in it, had to catch bus back to Kilkenny....

What
    A
    Show

Sirsok wrote: »
    I lost my backpack ...has my all my stuff in it, had to catch bus back to Kilkenny....

Give the stadium a call, they have a lost and found

I know security were saying they found a camera bag and it was left in the bar because people kept asking if it was mine

• Registered Users Posts: 8 princeparsnips

Did not expect half of those results. Incredible show overall, I was exhausted after it

Give the stadium a call, they have a lost and found

I know security were saying they found a camera bag and it was left in the bar because people kept asking if it was mine

Been trying to get thru all morning! Nightmare!

Edit*** Been found success!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Phenomenal show. Brought people who'd never been and it's going to be hard to top that. Whole show top to bottom was great.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Not long to go to F**k Off Shnakes in Limerick. What a weekend! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

How was Phoenix tonight? Good crowd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Was a good show alright, but It felt it was a bit flat in the middle (specially the martina match). I think overall, Homecoming was a better show.

The opening 4 way tag was good, the besties are incredibly over (not surprised though because their gimmick is good). Aussie Open are excellent though.

Starr/Barry match was unexpectedly good

Can't believe I got to see Liger. Davis being able to hang in there with him is a big deal.

Keitel/Creed was a good one.

Devlin and Walter lived up to the Hype.

On a final note, Angel Cruz and Barry are national treasures. Not sure about the Lawnmower spot, but the promo video's and ring work was brilliant.

How was Phoenix tonight? Good crowd?

Small crowd, unfortunately, but that must have been expected to some degree given that it was St. Patrick's Day.

Some very good matches though. Rough Stuff and Club Rock Shandy was class, B-Cool ended up facing Dan Barry one-on-one, Amy Alonsy and Matt Skylar have the best tagteam name in wrestling. :D

Bruiser and Butch and Alexander Dean gave J-Money, Bedlam and Marion a vicious beating. It looked like Balance was going to make the save, but then he sided with the bad guys. :(

Justy has been indefinitely suspended after his actions in an unsanctioned match with hometown favourite Steve Savage. :mad:

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Was a good show alright, but It felt it was a bit flat in the middle (specially the martina match).

Where were you sitting?! Reception and reaction to Martina was great! Don't think people knew what to do with the more traditional wrestling she did instead of comedy but told a great story IMO and had probably her best solo match in OTT.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Was a good show alright, but It felt it was a bit flat in the middle (specially the martina match).

Where were you sitting?! Reception and reaction to Martina was great! Don't think people knew what to do with the more traditional wrestling she did instead of comedy but told a great story IMO and had probably her best solo match in OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah, thought it was a great match. Crowd was a bit tepid from the entrances and highs of the first few matches, the Cruzers video was such a high anything that followed was going to be in a tough spot. But they anticipated that and wrestled a match you could sink your teeth into while chilling in your seat. You need that on a card, not every match can be up up up or the crowd is wrecked for the main event. And it showed professionalism and experience from both to do that and still give a great match that did its job.

When stuff is going wrong it’s when you know they’re looking for huge reactions, “Holy ****” chants etc and it’s just not there. That wasn’t the case here, they knew what they needed to give and did it. I also really liked how it went on before the Women’s Title match, so the local girls fighting for the title can say they were higher billed than the bigger names, but it doesn’t take away from the latter either.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

As an aside I want to show appreciation for how long & deep the booking of the whole Angel Cruzers, Justy/Gym Nasties, Team P.Rick storyline has been. I began to explain it to the people I was with on the night and gave up as there's genuinely 2/3 years of background to the whole thing. It's a credit that you can just jump in to matches like the one they had and you don't really need it all.

It's also great that Hurricane 5 years ago would have been the biggest draw on the card as an ex WWE guy, and he's not even mentioned now when talking about the event.

He was still awesome but great to see the audience evolve

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Don't get me wrong, I actually thought the match itself was pretty good; I was over beside the stage to the left.

Both her and Satomura put on a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Pete dunne never fails to impress he is such a great entertainer heel or face he is just class really enjoyed seeing him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

cheers mate, i thought i was going mad. trying to not slag people just the points made.

i am sure he is oscar worthy as an actor
    Yep, here's the original, my bad!

Advertisement