Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Dismantled and replaced with what exactly?

The next terrorist group obviously! Yeah Israel totally wants that cluster ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Anyone who thinks Iran attacked an oil tanker from a nation who's leader they were hosting at the time of the attack in an effort to improve relationships amid unwarranted US sanctions, is a ****ing moron.

There are two antagonists in this invented conflict, and neither of them are Iran.

And yet that innocent party then goes and destroys a drone. So why shouldn't we think that they attacked the ships ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

smurfjed wrote: »
    And yet that innocent party then goes and destroys a drone. So why shouldn't we think that they attacked the ships ?

Would any country tolerate another's drones buzzing around their airspace for long?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Would any country tolerate another's drones buzzing around their airspace for long?

It's pretty common occurrence , the question has to be asked what happens of they hit a civilian airliner in international waters while shooting at drones

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So trump cleared airstrikes against Iran ,but withdrew the strike orders minutes before launching aircraft in the region ,

Looks like sooner or later Iran will be hit by some kind of limited strikes in retaliation

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    It's pretty common occurrence , the question has to be asked what happens of they hit a civilian airliner in international waters while shooting at drones

Well they didn't. Countries test fire weapons and such like all of the time, you could be what if-ing until the cows come home.
    Oh well strikes called off, Drumpf still upset that his toy was smashed up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

What if iran fly drones over the U.S? Would you have the same concerns vis a vis the U.S shooting it down?

Well they didn't. Countries test fire weapons and such like all of the time, you could be what if-ing until the cows come home.
    Oh well strikes called off, Drumpf still upset that his toy was smashed up though.

Ha. Stick it to the man. I'm not sure how you think calling him Drumpf is doing anything except making you look childish and undermining your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Stopped reading once you mentioned Gilead.

Good call!

Ha. Stick it to the man. I'm not sure how you think calling him Drumpf is doing anything except making you look childish and undermining your post.

He is petulant and childish so it's quite justified. He hardly acts or behaves like a statesman should. It's his original family name besides, before they changed it to blend in in the US, so ****ing what?

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    What if iran fly drones over the U.S? Would you have the same concerns vis a vis the U.S shooting it down?

Do you have proof it happened over Iran and not international waters?

He is petulant and childish so it's quite justified. He hardly acts or behaves like a statesman should. It's his original family name besides, before they changed it to blend in in the US, so ****ing what?

What exactly is the point of using it? What does it mean? Is it intended as an insult? Don’t get it.

International waters is not their airspace...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Wasn't over Iran, it was out to sea approx 30km. THe US Navy are recovering the wreckage as it's in international waters. Otherwise the Iranian Navy would be salvaging it for tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

IRGC say they retrieved some ‘bits of the wreckage’, wonder will they show some pictures of it. Like the pictures shown yesterday of it being shot down, which actually tuned out to be pictures taken over Yemen 2 years ago.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Like when the U.S hit the iranian airline jet killing 200+ people, 66 of them children in Iranian airspace ? Iranian Airliner 655 was a war crime.

So...you react to his unstatesmanly like behaviour by calling him by his original family name?

That'll learn him....

Perhaps lay off the John Oliver a bit.

Wasn't over Iran, it was out to sea approx 30km. THe US Navy are recovering the wreckage as it's in international waters. Otherwise the Iranian Navy would be salvaging it for tech.

No it wasn't gps shows it in iranian waters.try again. Also the iranian navy have salvaged it.

No it wasn't gps shows it in iranian waters.try again. Also the iranian navy have salvaged it.

What GPS?

Like when the U.S hit the iranian airline jet killing 200+ people, 66 of them children in Iranian airspace ? Iranian Airliner 655 was a war crime.

“an act carried out during the conduct of a war that violates accepted international rules of war.”

Were the US and Iran at war in 1988?

• Advertisement

Iran don’t need modern drone technology, they just need to get their hands on more of those state of the art F-5 fighter jets, then they can build the worlds best airforce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

https://news.sky.com/story/us-president-called-iran-airstrikes-off-at-the-last-minute-11745994

But the media and lefties keep telling us Trump is a warmonger?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

But the media and lefties keep telling us Trump is a warmonger?

Trumps a fcuking idiot, and I'm a proud lefty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Wanderer78 wrote: »

So as a leftie you will give him a thumbs up for calling off the attack?

Ignore anything he says, he's as thick as ****e, ignorant to

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

those state of the art F-5 fighter jets
    Weren't they considered "state of the art" about 30 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ignore anything he says, he's as thick as ****e, ignorant to

You say you are a lefty? So surely you congratulate Trump on not launching strikes?

It's a fair question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Are you familiar with the term "sabre-rattling"?

You say you are a lefty? So surely you congratulate Trump on not launching strikes?

I am indeed, and very proud of that fact. I know little or nothing about this incident, so I've no idea, I couldn't be bothered reading anything about him, he's as boring, and astonishingly ignorant, it's all a game anyway, and trump really doesn't have much power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I am indeed, and very proud of that fact. I know little or nothing about this incident, so I've no idea, I couldn't be bothered reading anything about him, he's as boring, and astonishingly ignorant, it's all a game anyway, and trump really doesn't have much power

It's not a game. He is the President of the United States - and he decided to ignore Pompeo and Bolton.

So again, as a lefty, you must welcome this.

Or you are not a lefty at all.

Advertisement