Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adamstown

• 17-02-2007 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Did anyone happen to go over to Adamstown today ? I was just wondering if anyone has seen Phase 2 and wether poeple were queueing to put thier names on a new house ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

House prices are dropping like a stone in nearby Lucan in older estates with large gardens etc. Should be able to get a 3 bed there for under the stamp duty threshold in next few months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

and no management charges either

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Agreed, I tend to be dubious of claims that house prices in Dublin are dropping, but from what I've seen prices in Lucan are cheaper than they were and seem to be continuing to drop.

The thing is that the Adamstown developments have been built without suitable transport and road infastructure and the more houses that are built there the less desirable the whole area becomes. (Of course I don't live in Dublin, so my opinion is based on me being on the outside looking in.)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

iguana wrote:

The thing is that the Adamstown developments have been built without suitable transport and road infastructure and the more houses that are built there the less desirable the whole area becomes. (Of course I don't live in Dublin, so my opinion is based on me being on the outside looking in.)

What you've said is spot on. Living in Lucan is thought with the traffic problems and Adamstown is going to make things alot worse.

Also the 3 bed house spoken about all ready in this thread wouldnt be in the nicest areas of Lucan with a lot of anti social behavior one of the big problems

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I disagree as I live in Lucan and the road infrastructure is improving. The outer ring road and it 's linked roads have improved my journey times massively. The ballydowd junction improvements currently being undertaken will vastly improve the bus lane access. And don't forget that Adamstown is geared heavily to utilising the railway line.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I disagree as I live in Lucan and the road infrastructure is improving. The outer ring road and it 's linked roads have improved my journey times massively. The ballydowd junction improvements currently being undertaken will vastly improve the bus lane access. And don't forget that Adamstown is geared heavily to utilising the railway line.

A realoitvely large number of the Adamsotwon development will head towards the N4. The old Newcastel road can barely deal with the traffic on it now. Even with an upgrade the old Newcatel road will struggle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I used to live in Lucan [5 or 6 years back] and I was out there for the first time in years on Saturday..

Every second lamp post had an add for a public forum for local crime and local policing - an election stunt by Labour it may be..

..but it would still not inspire the potential house buyer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

It would put me off. I would think the area is a crime hotspot if I saw all that !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I have to laugh when I see the ads for Adamstown. It makes it out to be the paradise on earth. What everyone knows is that it will turn out to be the next Blanchardstown. Estate after estate with no amenities, commuting elsewhere to work (in their cars). I mean come on we all know public transport is a shambles how can you assume they will get it right out there. In fact you can assume they will get it wrong. When did it become such a nightmare to live in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

In fairness to adamstown, some internet postings I saw gave the impression that the 2nd launch had a good turn out? - and I don't think they were posted by shills or just optimistic bulls.

Personally I would have expected the development's attraction to be somewhat blunted due to market seemingly stalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

it will turn out to be the next Blanchardstown

lol, no, it will turn into the next Lucan!! I moved from lucan 2 years ago, and the main reason was adamstown. Traffic was a nightmare then, cant imagine what it will be like when adastown is complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

We were out there ourselves yesterday (looking at interior design tips :rolleyes: ) and I have to say I was really impressed with the layout of the houses/apts. They have a good architect, I know that much, but all the facilities/marketing etc just can't get away from the fact that people will be on the bus for 1.5hrs to and from town. At the moment the train is packed at hazelhatch so imagine what it will be like at adamstown.

By the way, they are giving away free coffee and danish's and offering lifts by chauffeurs to showhouses....its not all that bad;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

well the railway problem will not be fixed until (officially ) late 2009 meaning (real life) 2010 or 2011

They have to add a new pair of tracks + a station in adamstown and move two other stations which will wreck the signalling until the job is done .

The widening of the M50 over the same time period will also slow things down, reducing capacity on the line some more for up to one year

From the horses emmmmmmm ummm Mouth

http://www.iarnrodeireann.ie/projects/fact_sheet.asp
    Detailed Design is ongoing and it is anticipated that this will be completed by Autumn 2006, with construction taking place from early 2006 to late 2009.

Certain benefits will be delivered before the end of the project, including Adamstown Station and Park West Station.

on the same site they also admit that preparatory work is just starting (not real work just preparatory work K!) which is not the same as construction starting in 2006 is it

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=226

The first admission of slippage to the schedule apears in there too
    Iarnród Éireann apologises to customers for any inconvenience these essential works cause. The Kildare Route Project, when complete in early 2010, will allow Iarnród Éireann to dramatically increase the frequency and capacity of services for commuters on this line.

Adamstown station is no good , what with all the commuter trains being full already, without the new tracks to keep the commuter trains running separately from the express trains. You may as well build a karaoke shed down there instead for the next 3 years and then build a station .

Expect a good train service from Adamstown WITHIN 4 years though, yes siree.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

kearnsr wrote:
    A realoitvely large number of the Adamsotwon development will head towards the N4. The old Newcastel road can barely deal with the traffic on it now. Even with an upgrade the old Newcatel road will struggle

Correct, that's why the link with the Cebbridge road is being built between Adamstown and the road leading south from the N4 - Celbridge/Leixlip junction. I know if I was heading into town I'd take that as it'd be miles quicker than glaring at the Newcastle traffic lights. Anyway, they're due to be removed at some point and replaced with a flyover (God knows where they'll fit that?) linky

Yes, it was packed here Saturday, Sunday was quite busy too. The chauffeurs were there to ferry folks to and from their cars - the car park was about half-a-mile away from the marketing suite and showhouses, so it was either ferry the punters or suffer the consequences :)

Have to say the layout of the new development's dwellings suprised me a lot, all angles and a lot of apartments in unique buildings. No 3/4 bed houses either; nearly everything is duplex/apt. This is because it's a higher density development than the Paddocks or Adamstown Castle (as per the development plan).

Hadn't heard of the Sentinel Building before either - one way of keeping the mutants away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Here's the link to the widening / junction removals as part of the Lucan bypass upgrade, including proposed layout of the Newcastle Road
    link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Out there today for work and got train. it is one bleak desolate hole.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

12 year old thread necro for no useful content. Locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement