Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brehon Law

• 19-08-2003 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

A quick question- does anyone know of any good online sources on Brehon Law? It's something of interest to me but many of the books on the subject seem to be out of print. The one I've been told to look @ is "A Guide of Early Irish Law" by Fergus Kelly I. went to the local library here and they only have it for reference section so I can't actually take it out- really annoying since I don't exactly have the time and sit in there reading it- 'sides- it doesn't exactly have the emphasis on cúnas one would expect in a library.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

You could buy Fergus Kelly's book, the UCD Campus bookshop should have copies and it's not that expensive. An online resource is
    http://ua_tuathal.tripod.com/testdefault.html
    from the UCC project. Kelly's book is as much as I've read, so I can't recommend any others I'm afraid, but the wedsite above gives a good list for further reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Thanks a million for your reply but
    that URL doesn't seem to work. :(
    Is it a typo- or horror of horrors it's gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I've just checked it again, and it still works fine for me. Try getting to it via the UCC site on
    http://www.ucc.ie/ucc/depts/law/irishlaw/siteinfo/brehonlink.shtml
    hopefully that will work for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Hmm- how odd- seems the Proxy/Firewall we use here must've been blocking it. I had trouble getting there this morning but not now...

/me stratches his head.

Just looking it over now- thanks a million.

{editing- phew! There's a wealth of stuff here! I thank you once again- gonna be spending the next few hours following links!}

Advertisement