Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Light Aircraft Down Kildare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ImFlyingHigh

Storm 10 wrote: »

Just heard myself, terrible news, I only watched two gentlemen jump into the aircraft last week out at Weston when waiting to go flying myself, you just never know, terribly sad news.

It will be interesting to see what the cause was because as far as I know, it was a brand new Bristell aircraft, so many variables it's best to leave it up to the AAIU to figure out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Was this recorded on Flight Radar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭jasonb

Terrible news. Has the Registration of the Aircraft been released? I'm in Weston a fair bit, wondering if I know the aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

What would be the normal cruising alt for this type of aircraft?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

The men were named today as Jim Price (an old friend of mine), Ballinteer, Dublin and Aidan Rowsome, also of Dublin, one of the owners of the aircraft. Jim was a retired aircraft engineer from Aer Lingus and had been a flight instructor for years and was well known around the flying clubs of Weston.His friends and former colleagues are deeply shocked at his tragic loss. Deepest sympathies to the families of both men.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭jasonb

Jim is my flight instructor and the CFI at my club, and Aidan is a member of the club too. I only flew with Jim last week and had another flight booked with him for next week. He was just a gentleman, no other word for it. Such terrible news, my thoughts go to their families.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Just heard the names this morning, devastated, I've known Jim for nearly 30 years, first met him when doing the CPL and ATPL exams, and as has been mentioned, an absolute gentleman. He will be deeply missed by many people across the aviation community.

RIP.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Extremely sad. The extremely clean break Away of empennage end from cockpit area must have yielded initial clues in the head of the investigator, although we know everything is considered until eliminated. I do t remember ever seeing a photo of wreckage quite like that. It’s almost as if it’s at assembly line being put together.

With such an experienced and accomplished instructor, and with a normally easy-to-fly aircraft coupled with relatively benign weather, it’s looking more like a problem with this individual aircraft itself than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

With such an experienced and accomplished instructor, and with a normally easy-to-fly aircraft coupled with relatively benign weather, it’s looking more like a problem with this individual aircraft itself than anything else.

With respect, let’s not speculate and let the AAIU issue their initial report re initial findings. A huge loss to the aviation community.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Oops! wrote: »
    What would be the normal cruising alt for this type of aircraft?

This aircraft took off from Kilrush airfield, which is near Narraghmore and generally would stay below 4,000 feet, above which you have to contact Shannon as they control the national airspace above that. Apart from that, Dublin Centre (Air Traffic for Dublin area) or the Air Corps at Baldonnel would be contacted if you were to fly towards Dublin.

Advertisement