Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€500k funding announced to support Men's Sheds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Initially I thought, “well it’s better than a kick in the teeth”, until I read the article and saw this -

Both Mr Sheridan and Minister Ring also welcomed the fact that there are a number of Women's Sheds emerging in communities.

“I have also become aware of the emergence of a number of women’s shed groups in communities in recent times," said Minister Ring.

"This can only be beneficial to the women involved and their communities. In order to support this positive development I have decided to make this funding available to these women’s shed groups and I urge them to apply."

That’s some kick in the teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

It would seem Women's sheds have been in place for some time. If it helps woman and men connect with others in their community i don't see an issue with it.

I get the point though its a very cynical move from FG.

Advertisement