Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poland - key issues ?

• 29-05-2019 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

Need your advice on the following issue. I'm thinking about starting a blog about Poland's business/economy - it's not the top global issue of course but it's the 21st largest economy with nearly $250 billion in export annually and still growing strong.

There might be not much demand on news/reports about Polish economy but what's interesting, there's hardly any supply of those news available in English. Therefore I think it's worth trying.

What should be the focus of this blog ? My guess is that:

* energy -> LNG imports, Baltic pipe, new wind farms, the whole energy transformation - it's still mainly coal powered now.

* real estate -> maybe not housing that much but office, logistic parks - many new projects, often with foreign investors involved.

* logistics / transport -> public projects (road, rail etc.) traffic in sea and air ports, news related to the new Silk Road (China - Europe rail transport) + the new huge air port to be built.

* start-ups

* commodities -> small range of those where PL matters in the world - so AJC (apple juice concentrate - no.1 exporter in the world) copper, silver etc.

* foreign investments -> new large projects, economic zones with tax incentives etc.

* general - rates decisions, ratings, tax rate changes and anything major.

* overview of interesting companies or sectors, for example gaming.

- not much of those unless it's breaking news:

* FX - I guess not that much interest in PLN.

* stocks, bonds etc. - not too many individual foreign investors I think, there are of course institutional investors but they rather don't need to follow any blog.

* macro data - it's very important of course but this is available in English from the stat office and the central bank + via Eurostat, ECB.

Plis comment if you agree with these points or not, maybe some additional ideas ?

BTW, I'm aware that majority here is totally not interested in these issues - some probably didn't know what Poland is until 5 trillion arrived - but there should be several people around here, who follow CEE markets/business news for one reason or another. I would like to hear their opinion.

Advertisement