Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

anyone dealt with dfi beds ?

• 19-05-2019 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭

dfibeds.com

I'm looking to get a few new beds and came across these guys online, they're based in Portadown.

These seem to offer good value, free delivery and cash on delivery .. too good to be true ?

Anyone here ever heard anything about them or dealt with them ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 micko1234

Hi,

Long time lurker here, first time poster..

I've 2 double beds from these guys bought back in March, I think it was the €299 bed set offer they had advertised in the grey. I looked them up again they still seem to be doing it.

The wife was totally against it because she had been shopping in the city and the price difference just didn't seem right. €499 for something similar in Ballymun or these guys €299 and they deliver for free?

Nevertheless it was payment on delivery so there wasn't much of a risk. I phoned them and spoke to a lad who seemed knowledgeable. Yep they have a showroom in Portadown I believe? I'm based in Dublin, ordered Monday delivered Wednesday. The van was absolutely packed with stuff all in original packaging and the driver said they cover Galway, Cork, basically everywhere.

2 Months later and the wife and the wee lad are still happy, the beds are great and the mattress is very comfortable, all very straight forward, I would sleep on a clothes line to be fair..

For €299 they aren't your King Koil or Silentnight but still great value. It's good to see smaller companies competing with the big names and I always leave good reviews where I can.

Some advice, check out their Facebook reviews for peace of mind, you'll probably see mine, I can send pics or more info if you like.

Micko

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

micko1234 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've 2 double beds from these guys bought back in March, I think it was the €299 bed set offer they had advertised in the grey. I looked them up again they still seem to be doing it.

The wife was totally against it because she had been shopping in the city and the price difference just didn't seem right. €499 for something similar in Ballymun or these guys €299 and they deliver for free?

Nevertheless it was payment on delivery so there wasn't much of a risk. I phoned them and spoke to a lad who seemed knowledgeable. Yep they have a showroom in Portadown I believe? I'm based in Dublin, ordered Monday delivered Wednesday. The van was absolutely packed with stuff all in original packaging and the driver said they cover Galway, Cork, basically everywhere.

2 Months later and the wife and the wee lad are still happy, the beds are great and the mattress is very comfortable, all very straight forward, I would sleep on a clothes line to be fair..

For €299 they aren't your King Koil or Silentnight but still great value. It's good to see smaller companies competing with the big names and I always leave good reviews where I can.

Some advice, check out their Facebook reviews for peace of mind, you'll probably see mine, I can send pics or more info if you like.

Micko

Did you go for the drawer option?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 micko1234

ceekay74 wrote: »
    Did you go for the drawer option?

Hi,

Nope never took the drawer option. I did ask when speaking to the fella on the phone about these, it was something like 2 drawers for €100 or if you took 4 then it would be €180.

We are waiting on our new house being built so wanted something to get us by for now, these exceeded what I expected so I am more than happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

micko1234 wrote: »
    Hi,

Micko

Thanks Micko, I ended up ordering last Friday, had basically the same opinion as yourself (i.e. Free delivery and COD so don't have to accept them!). They arrived today and have to say am quite pleased. Like you say they're no King Koil or Silentnight but still great value and every bit as good as you'd get elsewhere for a couple of hundred more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭tom23

v10 wrote: »
    Thanks Micko, I ended up ordering last Friday, had basically the same opinion as yourself (i.e. Free delivery and COD so don't have to accept them!). They arrived today and have to say am quite pleased. Like you say they're no King Koil or Silentnight but still great value and every bit as good as you'd get elsewhere for a couple of hundred more.

Howdy, Was thinking of ordering a bed of these guys, did it work out for you in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

tom23 wrote: »
    Howdy, Was thinking of ordering a bed of these guys, did it work out for you in the end?

Yeah worked out fine for my needs, like I said above they're worth what you're paying for them, good value but not premium by any means. No issues with ordering, delivery payment etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭tom23

v10 wrote: »
    Yeah worked out fine for my needs, like I said above they're worth what you're paying for them, good value but not premium by any means. No issues with ordering, delivery payment etc.

Getting this.

https://www.dfibeds.com/collections/bed-set-value-deals/products/dfi-oliver-tweed-edition-divan-bed-set-with-mattress-option?variant=32410559971399

Looks decent value. I've checked around and these are the best value. Hope the quality good.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

tom23 wrote: »
    Getting this.

https://www.dfibeds.com/collections/bed-set-value-deals/products/dfi-oliver-tweed-edition-divan-bed-set-with-mattress-option?variant=32410559971399

Looks decent value. I've checked around and these are the best value. Hope the quality good.

Has anyone else any recommendations please on where to buy decent beds?

Just looked at the small double in that bed and emailed them about headboard height. It's a bed for the study so won't be used often

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭con747

Has anyone else any recommendations please on where to buy decent beds?

Just looked at the small double in that bed and emailed them about headboard height. It's a bed for the study so won't be used often

A thread on boards here. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115108382

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement