Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi, RDS, 15th June 2019

• 30-10-2018 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Tickets on sale on Thursday 8th November at 9:00.

Steven Toast says the line up will be Bonjovee, Madame Gaga and The Cold Play. ;):D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Manic Street Preachers supporting, bizarrely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Jon needs to retire, his voice is completely gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pelvis wrote: »

Doesn't matter really. Half the population of Laois will be at this gig. Slippery When Wet was only released in the midlands last year.

D4 will be full of day trippers in white tshirts and Lee jeans carrying lunch boxes full of egg mayonnaise sandwiches and Capri Suns.

"G'wan Jahnny".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭roadmaster

The Nal wrote: »
    Doesn't matter really. Half the population of Laois will be at this gig. Slippery When Wet was only released in the midlands last year.

D4 will be full of day trippers in white tshirts and Lee jeans carrying lunch boxes full of egg mayonnaise sandwiches and Capri Suns.

"G'wan Jahnny".

Get it right we wear wranglers!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

RDS is a kip.....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭musicmania

Birneybau wrote: »

I think that's great. Always wanted to see them live. RDS is much more desirable than Croker, and now we can get additional concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

RDS is a kip.....!

was all set to go to croker as i thought it was there , then this crap

was at it twice in RDS , got it's crap and the sound is shiite

skipping this one

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The last time I was at the RDS for a show was Bruce Springsteen in 2012 and prev Bon Jovi he year before. Find the place a little bit run down and in bad need of a refurb esp the Angelsesa stand area. RDS is a great location though but being a full wallet as it's D4 after all

Prob go too this and hoping prices are ok but All concerts seem to be €100+ nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

musicmania wrote: »
    I think that's great. Always wanted to see them live. RDS is much more desirable than Croker, and now we can get additional concerts.

They play nearly every year. Without Bon Jovi thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The last time I was at the RDS for a show was Bruce Springsteen in 2012 and prev Bon Jovi he year before. Find the place a little bit run down and in bad need of a refurb esp the Angelsesa stand area. RDS is a great location though but being a full wallet as it's D4 after all

Prob go too this and hoping prices are ok but All concerts seem to be €100+ nowadays

I'd say he'll be 70 for a standing ticket and 90 for pitch 1 standing. Remember Elton John and Fleetwood Mac are both on that week too, and I think EJs second gig clashes.

I saw Killers in the RDS last year with Franz Ferdinand. The set up was good, it was a sunny day and the grassy areas outside the stadium were full of bars and food trucks. Inside the stadium was decent, but I was pitch 1, pitch 2 looked a bit ****. So if you can afford the extra couple of quid it's worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its tough for Jon to get by on a farmers income ,he has to do a few gigs to make ends meet.
    Hope he had a good harvest this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

errlloyd wrote: »

I'd say he'll be 70 for a standing ticket and 90 for pitch 1 standing. Remember Elton John and Fleetwood Mac are both on that week too, and I think EJs second gig clashes.

I saw Killers in the RDS last year with Franz Ferdinand. The set up was good, it was a sunny day and the grassy areas outside the stadium were full of bars and food trucks. Inside the stadium was decent, but I was pitch 1, pitch 2 looked a bit ****. So if you can afford the extra couple of quid it's worth it.
    €89 plus booking fee is on the concert poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Peter File wrote: »
    €89 plus booking fee is on the concert poster.

€89 will be for GA
    GC will be more than that closer to €100 I’d say

Then you will have all the packages and the VIP section at the front on one side of the stage, if the UK set up is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

As they did in 93 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭Inviere

Pelvis wrote: »

Jeez it really is, I'm a big fan and didn't know until reading your post :( He had a savage voice, it's but a shell now! See below, his voice is toast...
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Richie back?

No, think he only played as a one off for the R&R HOF Induction recently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Is Richie back?

No, didn't himself and the Mrs support Bad Company in the 3.O2 last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

BJ are a shadow of their former selves at this stage.

Without Sambora and JBJs hammered voice, this isn't a concert to get you excited.

They are like a BJ tribute band these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Is Richie back?

For which band?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Save yourselves 100 quid, stay home and watch this instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭musicmania

Is Richie back?

Nope. Official press release yesterday confirmed he isn't.
    They play nearly every year.

I know, but I've always missed them.
    Irishshin wrote: »
    €89 will be for GA
    GC will be more than that closer to €100 I’d say

Then you will have all the packages and the VIP section at the front on one side of the stage, if the UK set up is anything to go by.

I'd expect GC to be well over €100. Diamond is absolutely forget it unless you have a gold credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I don’t think we will ever see them like this again but this is Jon and Richie at the best and Richie is needed back Richie Phil x and John shanks together on stage would make a very interesting performance guitar wise

https://youtu.be/2Rts2Bfs6eM

There's a gate on the streets into the RDS which you can see the stage from for free. You always see guards standing there watching

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Anyone got any presale codes for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

errlloyd wrote: »
    I'd say he'll be 70 for a standing ticket and 90 for pitch 1 standing.

He? I know Richie is gone but Bon Jovi are still a band.

For the UK, gold circle is £137.50 and general standing is £83.70.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

If anyone has a presale code going spare could you let me know please?

NIMAN wrote: »
    BJ are a shadow of their former selves at this stage.

Without Sambora and JBJs hammered voice, this isn't a concert to get you excited.

Sadly, I'd agree. I seen them yonks ago when they were here for the Crush tour (2000/2001?) and they were outstanding.Can't believe Jon's voice has gotten so bad so quickly, it's actually sad looking at him trying to sing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Inviere wrote: »
    Jeez it really is, I'm a big fan and didn't know until reading your post :( He had a savage voice, it's but a shell now! See below, his voice is toast...

No, think he only played as a one off for the R&R HOF Induction recently

He's really struggling on the vocals there.

He's really struggling on the vocals there.

It's sad to see, he had a majestic voice. The band there are carrying him big time :(

• Advertisement

Jon might get his voice perfect again for the new tour

He has enough $$$ to hire the best vocal coaches and doctors

Advertisement