Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fleetwood Mac - RDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Got 2 Gold....never been to the RDS for a gig, are Gold just for the front Pit?

Yeah. Worth 8t. Pitch 2 is a bit ****

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mistertrixy

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah. Worth 8t. Pitch 2 is a bit ****

Cheers....considering general standing were bones of €100, I'm not too upset at and extra €30 so.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Ronney

Got 2 Gold....never been to the RDS for a gig, are Gold just for the front Pit?

Saucy price but worth it and its birthday present for the Mrs so win win.
    Fingers crossed everyone else gets sorted.

Yea Gold is the Pit. Back in the day it was for the the die hards that qued early now it for the posh people to rock in late too.

Go on any of Fleetwood macs US dates and look what they charge up the front

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

mumo3 wrote: »
    I managed to get four standing, but it initially crashed, manged to secure them again, €97 each including booking fee for pitch standing the RDS better be good for a venue at that price, ive never been.

hopefully it's a bit better than Paul Simon there

https://twitter.com/HappyHanley/status/1018155237994057729

https://twitter.com/SanchezMichito/status/1017911752187576320

https://twitter.com/Barfisk341/status/1017857783373459456

https://twitter.com/janewillowmusic/status/1017798129834393600

Is it sold out already? Got called to a meeting and can't get tickets now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Looks like its sold out as I expected. Got my tickets so happy out. I get the feeling there will be an extra night announced soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Jesus i hope so.... i got given the job this morning of getting the tickets for four of us...the other 3 will kill me if it turns out like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mistertrixy

Ronney wrote: »
    Yea Gold is the Pit. Back in the day it was for the the die hards that qued early now it for the posh people to rock in late too.

Go on any of Fleetwood macs US dates and look what they charge up the front

Sweet, I'll gladly posh it up for a change.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Missed out on tickets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What are the chances of them adding an extra date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

What are the chances of them adding an extra date?

There’s a big gap between Berlin and Dublin gigs. My prediction is they’ll do the 12th in Dublin too.. With ticket demand so strong they’d be mad not to do as many as they can.. Sadly, I can’t see them ever playing here again..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There’s a big gap between Berlin and Dublin gigs. My prediction is they’ll do the 12th in Dublin too.. With ticket demand so strong they’d be mad not to do as many as they can.. Sadly, I can’t see them ever playing here again..

They're also admittedly touring for money (Nicks has repeatedly refused to record for an album and would rather tour given the financial benefits) so it's in their interests.

Passed on tickets because of Buckingham, just not the same for me. Will still be a great gig though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Missed out on tickets :(

There isnt a chance that this gig is really sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I`m not into all this headhanging. Concert goers are a different species to me, I don`t mean that in a bad way. What kind of stuff do they play?

You’ve never heard of Fleetwood Mac?! You’d definitely know a few of their tunes unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last 40 years. It’s classic rock, not really head banging stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Had FOMO and got two pitch 2 standing....after several attempts....
    Not going to be as good as 2015 but decided its the LAST time I will go see them....
    Keep trying back to others with no luck today they become available sporadically closer on the event.....keep your eye on toultess too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Got mine this morning thankfully
    Hope they add an extra night for all of you who have missed it.

zero chance they play on the 12th, they don't do back-to-back nights on tour.
    they can't do after the already announced gig on Thurs 13th either as they're in London on Sunday 16th.

if there is a second night, it'll be Monday 10th or Tuesday 11th.

they play Berlin on Thurs 6th, so can add another night there on the Sat 8th/Sun 9th and still have a gap from Dublin on Mon/Tues.

I'd have thought that they'd announce a 2nd night by now though, if they were doing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

If anyone selling tow tickets please PM me :)

Hard copy and meet in person
    Thank you

What are platinum tickets? Few left if anyone wants to pay €350 a pop.. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

What are platinum tickets? Few left if anyone wants to pay €350 a pop.. lol.

They are just normal tickets that Ticketmaster and the artist sell at eye watering prices for in demand events.
    No difference to normal tickets.
    They drip feed them too .

There will be mountains of tickets available for this next June ,Ticketmaster have held loads back to drive the Platinum sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Zardoz wrote: »
    They are just normal tickets that Ticketmaster and the artist sell at eye watering prices for in demand events.

There will be mountains of tickets available for this next June ,Ticketmaster have held loads back to drive the Platinum sales.

Same goes for Pink! Very very rare I have never got a ticket for a gig here, always tickets nearer the date.

People can't make it etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Same goes for Pink! Very very rare I have never got a ticket for a gig here, always tickets nearer the date.

People can't make it etc..
    As predicted it has gotten a lot harder to get tickets for these events at general sale, ever since they shut seatwave and ramped up platinum/VIP/Experience/Meet&Greet/Bendover

Zardoz wrote: »

Would make you not want to bother your arse at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone have a list of the ticket prices for the gig? Missed out initially but hoping to pick up a few tickets closer to the gig for the folks.

Cant find them on the ticketmaster page

mossy464 wrote: »
    Anyone have a list of the ticket prices for the gig? Missed out initially but hoping to pick up a few tickets closer to the gig for the folks.

They were posted a few pages back in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

mossy464 wrote: »

I paid €97 each for standing including booking fee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I managed to get 2 tickets at 9am last Friday for someone who was on a flight when the tickets went on sale. Got the confirmation email and it's on my credit card but I can't seem to access the e-tickets. If I click on 'View my tickets' it brings me to the receipt page. I can't see a PDF anywhere. Is this normal, will they be released at a later date ?

jos28 wrote: »
    I managed to get 2 tickets at 9am last Friday for someone who was on a flight when the tickets went on sale. Got the confirmation email and it's on my credit card but I can't seem to access the e-tickets. If I click on 'View my tickets' it brings me to the receipt page. I can't see a PDF anywhere. Is this normal, will they be released at a later date ?

I don't know about Fleetwood Mac but I know that the P!nk pdf tickets won't be available for a month so I'd say it's similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Cheers Marc, I thought as much but I was a bit nervous when they are not my tickets.

• Advertisement

not that there was much chance at this stage, but a 2nd night is definitely not happening, they're playing Pinkpop Festival on the 10th, so no room left now really for another Dublin night with a night off for resting.

Advertisement