Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Regular Season Thread

• 28-03-2018 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

30 teams, 2,430 games. Here’s the thread for the 2018 regular season.

Enjoy the season and hopefully your team’s hopes won’t be up in smoke by the end of April...!!!

Comments

Cannot wait. In my excitement, I thought today was Thursday, and was ready for Baseball tonight :(

Anyway, lets go Dodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Nats for all the glory ...

Bryce to hit 50, Turner to steal 70, Strasbourg to win a Cy Young and Max to throw a perfect game.

Not asking for much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Nats for all the glory ...

Bryce to hit 50, Turner to steal 70, Strasbourg to win a Cy Young and Max to throw a perfect game.

Not asking for much!

....but still lose in the 1st round of the playoffs again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

First time in 5 years I won't be at an opening day game (thanks to them all starting on Thursday). I'll be at Indians @ Mariners on Saturday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Im only wondering how many times Judge and Stanton will strike out this season???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Im only wondering how many times Judge and Stanton will strike out this season???

A ton. But They'll also hit a ton of home runs. So it will all balance out

ShyMets wrote:
    A ton. But They'll also hit a ton of home runs. So it will all balance out

Was watching ESPN last night when I came in from work and the over/under was 90 Home Runs.. Can't wait to get started today.. MLB TV is ready to go on my dodgy box so bring it on

....but still lose in the 1st round of the playoffs again!!

$%^& off!

You might be right though!

Except I did say for all the glory and my interpretation of that is the World Series!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ65DW_CqN8

Lets go Nats, except of course we dont play today :(

Lets win it all in 2018!!!

So fecking excited for baseball to be back!

Mets sweep the Astros to win the WS. With Tim Tebow scoring a grand slam HR to clinch the game.

Bring on the season!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lets go Nats, except of course we dont play today

I know why they have to do it but scheduling opening day games in the north always runs the risk of getting called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

I know why they have to do it but scheduling opening day games in the north always runs the risk of getting called off.
    Tigers pirates gone now aswell.

Just sat down with a beer in hand... PLAY BALL!!!!

EDIT: WOW!!!! 1st ball... 1st HR!!!!

Ian Happ just homered for the cubs on the very first pitch of the 2018 season!! Oh baseballs back baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

So the first pitch of the season is crushed for a leadoff homer. A sign of things to come for both the Cubs and the Marlins...

MLB went to a live look in for the first round of Judge/Stanton. Judge struck out, Stanton homered.

Stanton's 1st AB and its a 2 Run HR

Welcome to the Yankees

Woo hoo!!!!

Ohtani got a single in his first AB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Inside the park home run for Eduardo Nunez.

Go Red Sox!

Great start to season for Chris Sale.

1 hit in 6 innings with 9 strikeouts

• Advertisement

Watching Yanks blue jays ,Yanks look really good .Stanton off to a great start and severino pitched 5 and 2/3 innings of scoreless ball!

Another HR for Stanton.. What a start for him..

He goes 3-5 with 2 HRs and 4 RBI

Great start to season for Chris Sale.

1 hit in 6 innings with 9 strikeouts

And then Joe Kelly and Carson Smith undo all that giving up 6 runs in the 8th for the loss, bloody hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Anyone see Donaldson in the Jays-Yanks game? Yikes. Ugly. When a third baseman can't throw across the diamond you have to wonder what he's doing out there. It was embrassing.

Anyway, it's one game. Get 'em tomorrow.

mod9maple wrote: »
    Anyone see Donaldson in the Jays-Yanks game? Yikes. Ugly. When a third baseman can't throw across the diamond you have to wonder what he's doing out there. It was embrassing.

He has a dead arm apparently. Probably should be the DL.

Nelson Cruz homered the first pitch he saw.

Syndergaard struck out 10 batters and looked lethal. The Offence was lively too.

Overall a soils start from the Mets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,914 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

ShyMets wrote: »
    Syndergaard struck out 10 batters and looked lethal. The Offence was lively too.

Overall a soils start from the Mets

Mets are something like 37-20 all time in season openers. Still, it beats losing, and they did it without home runs.

Different question: any way to see the condensed games without having mlb.tv? I did this all the time since about 2013, now it wants me to have a membership. Could be they updated their software the rats, but I'm hoping there's a better link out there....

Mutter...Stanton...luck of the Yankees get the reigning NL MVP for like, money and a few guys who weren't going to make as much of a difference. Reminds me of Nettles and Chambliss to the NYY followed by the Cleveland GM...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭boccy23

mod9maple wrote: »

Saw the second one where he bare handed the ball. Not sure if he had a firm hold of it, but it was a brutal throw.

• Advertisement

Swarzak left the Mets game with oblique soreness. And so it begins

Advertisement