Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glastonbury 2019

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Can someone go through how the tickets go? Is it a 9am everyone for themselves? Or one ticket per registered person ? And if I get a ticket how do I register kids or must it be done before? Sorry for all questions. Website bit bare on steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Can someone go through how the tickets go? Is it a 9am everyone for themselves? Or one ticket per registered person ? And if I get a ticket how do I register kids or must it be done before? Sorry for all questions. Website bit bare on steps.

"Children aged 12 and under do not require tickets and do not need to register."

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/ticket-info/#HOWTOBOOK

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

Basq wrote: »
    Great..yeah, same company. Full refund if unsuccessful in Oct, 50% in April for the resale.
    Yep, fantastic really considering we had one company tell us we had to pay for 3 nights if we cancelled anytime after the first 72 hours.
    Would the West CV spot @ Glastonbury already be filled if we arrived midday on the Thursday? Ideally Wednesday, but we're all well into our 40s and the 4 days already is stretching us to the limit.
    We arrived about 4pm at Wednesday last year and we were already practically in the last field of West CV.. albeit near the front of a very large field. They do ram people in however.

EDIT: On reflection, there may have been another one or two fields behind us... there was high trees at back of the one we were in but there probably was a few more. I'd say you probably will get a space in West CV but definitely aim to be as early as possible on Thursday.

Oh, and best of luck on T-day.
    Good man. Had a look at the map, and maybe West has a bit less dandering as its a fair bit smaller than East? Good to know there's a backup with that Ashcombe Carpark (again from the 2017 thread) 15 mins walk up the road in case both Glastonbury CV sites sell out. And best of luck yourself, would be something to get them in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

- Bus / coach tickets go on sale around 7pm the Thursday before General Admission tickets (1st / 2nd Sunday in October at 9am).
    - It's a free-for-all come 9am that morning.
    - You can buy up to 6 tickets provided you have registration numbers for your group. You pay a deposit of 50GBP per person and then you pay off balance in March. Anyone who doesn't pay remaining balance loses their 50GBP and their ticket goes back into a pool for resale in April (in April resale, you can only buy up to 4 tickets, as opposed to 6 in general sale).
    - Kids under 12 don't need to register IIRC.

Any other questions, just ask.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Basq wrote: »
    - Bus / coach tickets go on sale around 7pm the Thursday before General Admission tickets (1st / 2nd Sunday in October at 9am).
    - It's a free-for-all come 9am that morning.
    - You can buy up to 6 tickets provided you have registration numbers for your group. You pay a deposit of 50GBP per person and then you pay off balance in March. Anyone who doesn't pay remaining balance loses their 50GBP and their ticket goes back into a pool for resale in April (in April resale, you can only buy up to 4 tickets, as opposed to 6 in general sale).
    - Kids under 12 don't need to register IIRC.

Any other questions, just ask.
    Ok, so me and the missus have registered so come booking day we both try and whoever gets through first (if at all) makes sure they have the ref no. Of the other one? €640000 question is what's the odds of getting through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭Alkers

We're planning on taking the folding camper over from Dublin next year, assuming we get tickets! How hard is it to get the campervan tickets and do they go on sale at the same time as the normal tickets?
    Any advice for the camper site? Is there much space in the plot if you bring a tow vehicle and camper?

Ok, so me and the missus have registered so come booking day we both try and whoever gets through first (if at all) makes sure they have the ref no. Of the other one? €640000 question is what's the odds of getting through?
    Yeah, exactly. Whichever one of ye gets through will have 6 slots for registration number so

As for odds, I've went the last 4 years of it..
    1st Year: woke up hungover and only realised at 8.58 that morning that I was supposed to do it. Logged it and got tickets by 9.05. A fluke!
    2nd Year: was all prepped, coffee on at 7am and probably 15 devices on the go. Got nowhere in general sale but got it in the resale in March.
    3rd Year: got them in general sale but it was probably 9.22 and they sold out minutes later.
    4th Year: brother in Oz got tickets for all of us, and he got on relatively quickly.

The one thing I have noticed the last few years is after the initial scramble (from 9 - 9.20) where you get nowhere, there seems to be a bit of a lull. Numerous times we've ended getting up 2 or 3 times closer to 9.30 and picking up tickets for friends.

But this is all speculative.. it's a crazy scary exciting morning on T-Day but the relief when you get tickets is something else. Then the constant refreshing / discussion on twitter and EFests will consume you for 9 months.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    We're planning on taking the folding camper over from Dublin next year, assuming we get tickets! How hard is it to get the campervan tickets and do they go on sale at the same time as the normal tickets?
    Any advice for the camper site? Is there much space in the plot if you bring a tow vehicle and camper?
    CV tickets go on sale separate to festival tickets. They go on sale along with Worthy View clamping, and Tipi's etc (normally end of October).

CV tickets are not too hard gotten.. but whether you'll get which field you want is another thing. CV East goes first, and then CV West, and then Bath & West Showground which is offsite.

You'll be rammed into a field but probably not as bad as some festivals I'd say..

More details on campervans here as I've only done CV the once: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Anyone ever get the bus/ferry combo from dublin ? If so how did you find it. Last records I could see online was €130 per person.

got coach tickets from Birmingham last year and flew over. Trying to weigh up going the coach route this time again and getting the tickets on the thursday OR wait for the main sale on the sunday and drive myself or get the dublin bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Anyone ever get the bus/ferry combo from dublin ? If so how did you find it. Last records I could see online was €130 per person.

got coach tickets from Birmingham last year and flew over. Trying to weigh up going the coach route this time again and getting the tickets on the thursday OR wait for the main sale on the sunday and drive myself or get the dublin bus.

Straight to the festival? Never heard of that. You got a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,357 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What's the lineup announced for this or are ye just waiting to see the touring schedules of acts from February/March onward next year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Wooderson

What's the lineup announced for this or are ye just waiting to see the touring schedules of acts from February/March onward next year.

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/the-thingy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Lineup announced usually sometime around March (I can never remember). Sometimes there are "leaks" that are confirmed earlier. Typically to confirm the headliners. Like last year when we all knew 2 years before that it was going to be Foo Fighters and then a couple of months before when they announced Radiohead.

TBH, it's not really about the lineup. A couple of years ago I was underwhelmed by the headliners (And didn't see ANY headliners at the Pryamid) but I had one of my best times there 'cos I spent so much time away from The Pyramid and The Other stages.

So, I'd say, one headliner confirmed a few months beforehand if it's somebody hugely anticipated like Pearl Jam or expected like Elton John. Other than that, it's March or April I believe.

Lineup announced usually sometime around March (I can never remember). Sometimes there are "leaks" that are confirmed earlier. Typically to confirm the headliners. Like last year when we all knew 2 years before that it was going to be Foo Fighters and then a couple of months before when they announced Radiohead.

TBH, it's not really about the lineup. A couple of years ago I was underwhelmed by the headliners (And didn't see ANY headliners at the Pryamid) but I had one of my best times there 'cos I spent so much time away from The Pyramid and The Other stages.

So, I'd say, one headliner confirmed a few months beforehand if it's somebody hugely anticipated like Pearl Jam or expected like Elton John. Other than that, it's March or April I believe.

The link above is your friend.

I've heard talk of a fairly credible Madonna rumour. I believe Emily Eavis let slip that one of the headliners is female and not british.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I've heard talk of a fairly credible Madonna rumour. I believe Emily Eavis let slip that one of the headliners is female and not british.

These all come out. Not saying it's not Madonna (I probably is) but it always comes out from somebody "in the know". Rihanna name has been bandied about for the last few years also. Also Jay-Z and Beyonce are touring together. I know they both played relatively recently but Beyonce played the same year as Coldplay and they have played again since then.

Reckon it's gonna be Pearl Jam, Elton John and Madonna.

I know there is SO much wrong with that (All could be considered "legends", no new acts). But I'd put any money on Elton John highlighting one of the nights (Waaaay too big for the Legends set and this is his "last tour"... at least until the next one).
    And I really just wanna see PJ play Glasto :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Elton John is playing in Switzerland on the Saturday and Sunday, and never does 3 gigs in a row, so extremely unlikely.

I'd say there's absolutely no chance of Pearl Jam headlining Glastonbury these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Wonder if Metallica will headline one of the days with their European summer tour coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

DylanB85 wrote: »
    Wonder if Metallica will headline one of the days with their European summer tour coming up

Highly unlikely considering they headlined in 2014.

• Advertisement

Would be cool but i doubt they'll do it again, like U2 i think it was just something to tick off the list for them, although Lars seems to like the fest, I think he's been spotted at nearly every one since 2014.

Elton John is playing in Switzerland on the Saturday and Sunday, and never does 3 gigs in a row, so extremely unlikely.

I'd say there's absolutely no chance of Pearl Jam headlining Glastonbury these days.

Ah, didn't know he was playing at the time. Just thought the timing would be good for him. Can't remember if he played Glasto recently/last 15 years/at all.

Also, as for PJ? I think they could headline. Personally I'd love it if they did. Would tick a lot of boxes: American, Rock, "Retro/Old Timers", (Again, can't remember if they have played).

Also reckon it's going to be Madonna or Rihanna..... So, somewhere else for me that time so :)

They do need to shake it up a bit. A few acts have played there repeatedly recently: Muse (albeit, filling in for U2 previously), Coldplay, Elbow. Still, a long way off yet and we gotta get our tickets first :)

Id go see a bit of Madonna, I'm not a fan at all but how could you not! Glasto is great for seeing mega acts like her that I wouldnt buy tickets for in a million years. Rihanna dosen't seem to be at the level she once was and I think her last UK tour sold poorly so I doubt she's been booked. I think it's safe to assume that all next years headliners are already booked. With that in my mind I think Arctic Monkeys look like a safe enough bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

We fly Dublin Bristol - rent a car and drive (an hour or so) all grand!

Will be doing the same in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

cocker5 wrote: »

That sounds like a good plan, how did ye find the drive back up on the Monday ?

have you ever done this on any of the bad weather years and did you have to scrub the car before giving it back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

cocker5 wrote: »

That sounds like a good plan, how did ye find the drive back up on the Monday ?

have you ever done this on any of the bad weather years and did you have to scrub the car before giving it back ?

To be honest with you I was designated driver so I did take it easy on the Sunday - would have a few drinks up until day 7pm nothing afterwards .. then leave sure at 5am on the Monday (we’re beside gate C camper van area) no issues getting out - now we did go glamping so not in the massive car parks but no issues at all to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

So tickets should be out for this soon I presume? I've registered months ago etc.. just wondering when generally do they release info about when tickets go on sale and also when are we able to put our friends on on our registration list?

So tickets should be out for this soon I presume? I've registered months ago etc.. just wondering when generally do they release info about when tickets go on sale and also when are we able to put our friends on on our registration list?

Yep it’s usually the first Sunday in Oct.

Yeah, first Sunday in October typically.. I'd say it'll be officially announced next week.

With regards "registration list", there is no such thing. Basically, get a FB / WhatsApp group going and exchange numbers and if / when one of ye gets through to buy on the morning, you'll put in all your registration numbers along with yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

MadYaker wrote: »
    Id go see a bit of Madonna, I'm not a fan at all but how could you not! Glasto is great for seeing mega acts like her that I wouldnt buy tickets for in a million years. Rihanna dosen't seem to be at the level she once was and I think her last UK tour sold poorly so I doubt she's been booked. I think it's safe to assume that all next years headliners are already booked. With that in my mind I think Arctic Monkeys look like a safe enough bet.

Heard a rumour re Queen and Adam Lambert headlining. Still on tour with the current show which is unbelievably f**king brilliant.

Advertisement