Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This Raw has been poor. Need DA MAN to save it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Goldberg will come out and say lesner you're next and show ends there

Heyman would be much better in this role than Michael Cole.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Holy sh*t it's the WCW theme!

Really great crowd. You can see this means a lot to him.

• Advertisement

I thought that was one of the best segments I've seen all year.

Also probably the best ever Goldberg promo.

I was interested in the match beforehand but now even more so. Such an easy, beautiful story that can be told here.

And with Heyman and Lesnar on next week to position themselves as the villains of the story, to tell Goldberg that there will be no fairytale and that your kid and wife will witness the worst moment of their lives at Survivor Series etc., man this story is just going to get better and better.

The only problem is that it will culminate in Toronto of all places, but sure if they tell this story well then Goldberg might have some pockets of supporters there.

Anyway big thumbs up for the segment. Was worth sitting through 3 hours of a sh*tty Raw for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I have Goldberg's wcw theme ready, in case he walks out to that muck wwe theme,

Its a good job i had it ready, when he walked on stage it changed, why do wwe insist on changing the music, it makes no sense, good promo though

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Great seeing Da Man back, showing up the nobodies a star era. I'm old fashioned but I don't want to think any wrestler would wanna hang out with me. Goldberg ain't hanging around to play Harvest Moon or whatever with Xavier Woods. A true star. If he was cutting promos like that in 1998 WCW would have been printing money. Well... even more money.

I reckon Toronto could be a belter. I actually have faith in the Canadian crowd. They love legends and big bastards. Bust out all the tricks, loads of slams, have Heyman eat a spear. All inside 12 minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Goldberg segment was awesome. Really presented him as a star.

But I want to focus my post on Strowman. I know I shuldn't, but I absolutely love him at the moment. The way he destroyed the three guys was brilliant to watch. Right, Zayn has me worried, but I really have enjoyed his destruction of jobbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Bill looks just about young enough to get away with it. I imagine this was very very very much the last window in his own head. Don't care about the match myself but, unless 2K are bankrolling the whole thing, going with survivor series is still pretty baffling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Was anyone else hoping that they would play his music and titantron but bring Gillberg out instead? :p

great promo for Goldberg, he was very emotional about it and i liked how he went around to all the kids in the front rows. Sad this will be his last ever match and no doubt about it he will be the headliner in the 2017 HOF and may make the occasional apperence. I just hope he is physical able for Survivor Series and we wont (god forbid) have a repeat of the Ultimate Warrior tragedy in 2014 where the emotions of returning are too much to handle and his heart is not able for it anymore (seeing Goldbergs wife and son there reminded me of the Ultimate warrior and his family)

rest of raw was meh. Can see the y2j and KO friendship ending pretty soon (y2j set to go back to fozzyland in november so he may be attacked by KO and wrote off tv). Although they would be good together on Team Raw (singles team, not the tag team)

Enjoyed the rusev family thing, that dog is one weird looking thing.

enjoying the buildup to the womens HIAC

So our New day face or heel ??. can deff see Sheasaro (i thought of that name lol) winning the tag team titles at HIAC. maybe starting the dimise of new day

Going to miss the Strowman squash matches. Sami Zayn is a weird one to go up against him. Why or why didnt they debut Samoa Joe to face him like was rumoured ???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i got totally caught up in that goldberg segment well more then i thought id be.

im actually looking forward to the heyman and brocks reply.

great promo by goldberg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Bob Backlund is absolutely bat sh1t, I love it. :pac: Sami Zayn giving the cool nod of approval was great as well. Such a great moment so for that alone it's worth seeing him back even if the match is a nightmare.

Only thing I'd say is that if this was 10 years ago a few of those lads would be getting Paul London'ed by Vince for being goofs during his walk. I read a few things about Vince's heart not being 100% invested in Goldberg's return so I wouldn't be surprised if he told the guys to do what they wanted during the walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just started watching, recorded from last night. This opening promo shows exactly how good KO and Jericho are - the smarks cheer them all the way down to the ring, but within 30 seconds of them on the mic, the whole crowd is booing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Said last week that I just didn't get the Goldberg hype but after watching that entrance, I'm on the hype train.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I wish Goldberg would have 2 fights. Not going to happen but especially after that segment I really can't help but like the guy and would like to see him win on his return instead of going out while Brock gets his win back at a Survivor Series. Hard not to like him with his super hero for the kids line especially when you can see that he means it by going out of his way to interact with all the kids at ringside (not just his own) combined obviously with the nostalgia factor and that he after 12 years away still has more star power than virtually anyone on the roster.

That said if he did have a second fight they would probably just have HHH go over him at Mania in another WWE beats WCW moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Lesnar will go over and get good heat that they can instantly piss away by booking him in a programme with Reigns. Watch this space.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Lesnar will go over and get good heat that they can instantly piss away by booking him in a programme with Reigns. Watch this space.

keep reigns as far away from Lesner as possible, hell i think Taker should be kept away from Lesner as its been done to death

Kevin Owens vs Lesner would be gold, Samoa Joe vs Lesner could be gold too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Bob Backlund is absolutely bat sh1t, I love it. :pac: Sami Zayn giving the cool nod of approval was great as well. Such a great moment so for that alone it's worth seeing him back even if the match is a nightmare.

Only thing I'd say is that if this was 10 years ago a few of those lads would be getting Paul London'ed by Vince for being goofs during his walk. I read a few things about Vince's heart not being 100% invested in Goldberg's return so I wouldn't be surprised if he told the guys to do what they wanted during the walk.

just watching it again, yeah Backlund was great as Goldberg walk through, as was Zayn, Mark Henry, and R Truth, but Neville, Big Cass, Enzo Amore couldnt have looked more un-interested in been there

• Advertisement

Another great aspect of Goldberg positioning himself as wanting to come back and be a hero for kids is that promo Brock did a few weeks back with Slater where he had that killer line, 'I don't give a sh*t about your kids.' I'd like to see them replay that line in video packages highlighting the contrasting attitudes of both guys.

I can't wait for Paul Heyman's response next week. They give him a lot of freedom in his promos and I think he is the ideal guy to build upon the great work laid down by Goldberg's promo last night. I think Heyman can knock it out of the park. It might also be a good idea to have Brock say a sentence or two next week. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ok Raw, although that botch (assuming it was) of Dana pinning Bayley clean just makes Bayley look bad.

Great promo at the end. Was that Mickie that he walked past in the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Given that Shane McMahon and Lesnar have unfinished business I reckon that interference from Shane will lead to a Goldberg victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bayley and The Bullet Club are the new JOB Squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Given that Shane McMahon and Lesnar have unfinished business I reckon that interference from Shane will lead to a Goldberg victory.

Really wouldn't mind that, everyone's happy then

Bayley and The Bullet Club are the new JOB Squad.

Yeah, seriously who did Bayley annoy? She was set to be great role model and was hugely successful in NXT. Now kinda wishing she stayed in NXT if this is how she's going to be treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You'd assume Bayley will be getting the next shot at Sasha's title so she isn't in too bad a spot.

Poor Sami though, he's getting fed to Boring Strawman.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Poor Neville getting fed to Bo.

J. Marston wrote: »
    You'd assume Bayley will be getting the next shot at Sasha's title so she isn't in too bad a spot.

Poor Sami though, he's getting fed to Boring Strawman.

At least Strowman is a more believeable winner than Dana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mightn't be too bad for Sami if they make him a credible threat and stretch it out over more than one PPV. Of course he's not getting a win but nobody is until somebody is granted the big win, probably at Mania, and probably Reigns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement