Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Dermot & Bernard for breakfast, Colm Hayes goes to drive & Will Leahy shafted to weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JUILLIARD

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Dermot & Bernard for breakfast, Colm Hayes goes to drive & Will Leahy shafted to weekends

What about the red daddy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I'd actually be disgusted if Will Leahy got shafted to the weekends. I love listening to him in the evenings. Especially criticising people's choices for the special song!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

2Fm poaching Ian Dempsey to do the breakfast show maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

heybaby wrote: »
    2Fm poaching Ian Dempsey to do the breakfast show maybe

Thats hardly a step in the right direction in fairness. They need some new young blood in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

Hector and Larry gogan are getting axed and Tubridy (who has lost the most listeners in the history of the station) stays. Very unfair !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭GSF

The one thing Tubridy did well was Breakfast on 2fm. The sensible solution would be to put him on from 7-9am and then some new blood at 9am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭eoinkoenig

Dermot Whelan and Eoghan McDermott will get shows I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

eoinkoenig wrote: »
    Dermot Whelan and Eoghan McDermott will get shows I reckon.
    Is he leaving 98?

Is he leaving 98?

Not officially confirmed yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is there any source too it or just unfounded rumours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

eh, yeah, so probably not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

I for one can't wait to see the new schedule, there are going to be some major changes and 2Fm will finally be back to it's best.... and by "can't wait to see" I mean I couldn't care less at this stage.... and by "major" I mean minor.... and by "back to it's best" I mean worse than ever....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Do I dare hope that this new schedule will bring to an end the tenure of Hector, Tubridy, Hayes and Gogan?

Nope.

Fiver says this "new" schedule will just involve giving Game On another hour or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Today's Herald reporting they've spoken to Dan Healy, who has flatly denied there will be any on air personnel changes at 2fm, in fact saying both Tubs and Hector are two of the biggest names in radio. All that is needed according to Healy is a content change between 7-11am to make it more Leinster-centric.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hector pushed to a slot that he'll hate and leave doesn't make that statement a lie though...

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eiresandra

All that is needed according to Healy is a content change between 7-11am to make it more Leinster-centric.

That's a strange quote. Should he not just say Dublin-centric like he means? What is Leinster-centric? After all, Hector is from Navan (Leinster) and his producer Alan is from Carlow (Leinster).

And how is Tubridy not Leinster/Dublin centric?

Today's Herald reporting they've spoken to Dan Healy, who has flatly denied there will be any on air personnel changes at 2fm, in fact saying both Tubs and Hector are two of the biggest names in radio. All that is needed according to Healy is a content change between 7-11am to make it more Leinster-centric.

If disappointing ratings ensue he might have to change his mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭blue4ever

eiresandra wrote: »
    That's a strange quote. Should he not just say Dublin-centric like he means? What is Leinster-centric? After all, Hector is from Navan (Leinster) and his producer Alan is from Carlow (Leinster).

And how is Tubridy not Leinster/Dublin centric?

If your reach looks like this:

CO. DUBLIN 7%
    REST LEIN. 13%
    MUNSTER 11%
    CONN/ULST. 13%

I be concentrating on the Capital and not outside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

online version here

http://www.herald.ie/news/2fm-chief-denies-he-is-planning-to-axe-presenters-29728694.html

Instead of going crazy and chucking everyone out, what we are going to do is build our content. Look at the two presenters we have in the mornings – Hector and Ryan Tubridy. You couldn't get bigger names," he said.

They might be 'big names' but they are in charge of radio shows which very few people find entertaining. If anything the presenters high profiles are an indictment of their shows poor fortunes - most people have probably already tried Hector and Tubridy's shows and didn't like what they heard.

I really can't see how 2FM are going to make a serious improvement in their fortunes without personnel changes.

• Advertisement

Skid X wrote: »
    online version here

http://www.herald.ie/news/2fm-chief-denies-he-is-planning-to-axe-presenters-29728694.html

They might be 'big names' but they are in charge of radio shows which very few people find entertaining. If anything the presenters high profiles are an indictment of their shows poor fortunes - most people have probably already tried Hector and Tubridy's shows and didn't like what they heard.

I really can't see how 2FM are going to make a serious improvement in their fortunes without personnel changes.

What does 2fm have in common with Mark Knopfler? It's in dire straits.

MYOB wrote: »
    Hector pushed to a slot that he'll hate and leave doesn't make that statement a lie though...

Hector's show is stupid, in my honest opinion. 'Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

It looks as if Dan Healy doesn't care if his shows get low listenership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

Larry Gogan was moved to weekends before, from 2007-2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

They should scrap the idea of post 90s music..

Why don't they relay RTE Gold at the weekend nights instead of that awful dance music? It would sure attract a bugger audience than those bought in dance sessions..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They should scrap the idea of post 90s music..

Why don't they relay RTE Gold at the weekend nights instead of that awful dance music? It would sure attract a bugger audience than those bought in dance sessions..

Not appropriate for its target audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Hector's show is stupid, in my honest opinion. 'Nuff said.

I hear it is played in Guantanamo Bay. Worse than water boarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

MYOB wrote: »
    Not appropriate for its target audience.

I doubt anybody is listening to that dance music at 4am on a Sunday morning! At least the taxi drivers, factory workers and insomniacs would appreciate RTE Gold more..

• Advertisement

I doubt anybody is listening to that dance music at 4am on a Sunday morning! At least the taxi drivers, factory workers and insomniacs would appreciate RTE Gold more..

Taxi drivers and factory workers are unlikely to be in their target audience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement