Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electrical Apprentice Phase 6

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 robb575

yea i tried that last time! didnt help much tony

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭NoseyMike2010

Got any pdf's?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭kingden2006

could you email me those phase 4 notes or if anyone else has them could you send them to kingden2006@hotmail.co.uk thanks for any assistance.cheers...:):):)

has anyone got any phase 6 past papers science and craft practice...the ones with the model answers on them..thanks
    i"ve just finished phase 4 and have past papers of science and craft practice,with the model answers...from 2008 and onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

i have loads. but you wont need them phases 6 is piece of piss:D

• Advertisement

has anyone got any past phase 6 notes for science and craft practice i would really appreciate it.cheers

calgary could you send me any phase 6 notes and past papers i you have them anything at all to do with phase 6 thanks.

just wondering has anyone got any phase 6 past notes on electrical science and craft practice,any year at all.thanks

what kind of information is contained in the program of a programmable controller and what is the purpose of this information?
    can anyone answer this and also
    a 400v 50hz 4 pole 3 phase induction motor has a fractional slip of 0.045.calculate the speed of the rotor.?
    can you also show me how you go about this thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BrianDug

what kind of information is contained in the program of a programmable controller and what is the purpose of this information?
    can anyone answer this and also
    a 400v 50hz 4 pole 3 phase induction motor has a fractional slip of 0.045.calculate the speed of the rotor.?
    can you also show me how you go about this thanks.

To answer your second query.

Motor synchronous speed = f/p
    where f = supply frequency (50Hz)
    where p = pole pairs (4 poles/2 -> 2 pairs)

So we end up with f/p = 50/2 = 25 ns (revolutions per second)
    Or we could also say 25 ns x 60 seconds = 1500 revolutions per minute.

If we are told the fractional slip is 0.045 thats the same as saying 4.5%.
    We can find out how much slip 4.5% is by 1500 rpm x 0.045 = 67.5 rpm

This means from 1500 rpm we are losing 67.5 rpm due to slip so our motor speed is now 1500 rpm - 67.5 rpm = 1432.5 rpm.

You can divide this answer by 60 to find out what it is per second. (23.875 rps) which says for every revolution per second we are losing 1.125 rps due to slippage.

Another way to look at it if you know know the synchronous speed and slip and want to find the fractional slip.

Slip = (Ns - ns)/Ns
    Where Ns = synchronous speed
    ns = slip

(1500 rpm - 67.5 rpm)/ 1500 = 0.955 which is the same as 95.5%
    So our slip is the difference of that figure which is 0.045 which is 4.5%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 sparky48

Hi Folks...Does anybody have any up to date Phase 6 Science and Craft Theory Papers.
    Much appreciated if you do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

sparky48 wrote: »
    Hi Folks...Does anybody have any up to date Phase 6 Science and Craft Theory Papers.
    Much appreciated if you do
    I got a heap of them, pm me I'll e mail them on

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sparky48

Hi kramer1.
    Many thanks for your quick reply.

If you could text me, i will give you my e.mail address

Thanks again

sparky48

• Registered Users Posts: 1 antzz

hi just wondering would any one be able to help me out with some phase 6 science past papers?? any help greatly appreciated...

thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zazatheone

Anybody have past exam papers from the last few years for electeical science and craft practise

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Drsleep

kramer1 wrote: »

Hi I'm just wondering do your past papers have model answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spuddoorley

i have 30 past exam papers both craft and science. no model answers though.
    could anyone send me model answers

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spuddoorley

did you get any model answers after??
    would be a huge help

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pauly36

Hi Kramer1 any chance you could mail me the phase 6 notes or papers you have please. currently in GMIT doing phase 6 the last of version 2 and i done phase 4 way back in 2003 so need to refresh meself and get clued in again, if you have phase 4 notes i would gladly take them aslo if you dont mind. email address <mod edit: can be shared by PM>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

pauly36 wrote: »
    Hi Kramer1 any chance you could mail me the phase 6 notes or papers you have please. currently in GMIT doing phase 6 the last of version 2 and i done phase 4 way back in 2003 so need to refresh meself and get clued in again, if you have phase 4 notes i would gladly take them aslo if you dont mind. email address <mod edit: can be shared by PM>

Not sure I still have them but I'll do my best to dig them out

• Advertisement

your a gent cheers pal @Kramer1

Not sure I still have them but I'll do my best to dig them out

cheers pal i appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

pauly36 wrote: »

I've a folder full of bits for phase 6 - pm me an email (preferably gmail so i can share)

hi thanks for all the papers that were sent to me and I appreciate it, I'm just wondering does anyone have more recent papers from maybe 2015 onwards fro T1 and T2 please that they could send onto me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Galestorm1

Hi guys. I am looking for past exam papers and or notes for the phase 6 electrical science from version 2 if anyone could help it would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rodge84

Hi,would anyone have exam papers for T1 and T2 Phase6 version 2 from last year.I believe these exams were done online.Someone might have them downloaded Appreciate any help.

Advertisement