Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bobby Lynch -The Dubliners

• 03-11-2008 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

Hello ,Bobby Lynch was in the ronnie drew group (the dubliners) when it first started .
    I heard some of his songs , the patriot game , and also some songs he performed with ronnie drew on youtube.
    I was wondering can anyone give me some information on him because i really like his voice.
    I heard he died a long time ago, But i bascially no nothing about him so tell me all if you can and what music or tapes he recorded.
    Please and thanks.
    Bobbys in this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY2F7E-_Bxg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

158 views and no replies , I guess nobody knows anything about Bobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Shadowdancer

I have been away for a long time so I have a bit of catching up to do but I knew Bob Lynch way back in the day and he was a very kind and decent man.

Here is an article linked onto the Balladeers site from the Three Monkeys people.

http://www.threemonkeysonline.com/als/bobby_lynch_dubliners_kerry_recruit.html

Bob wrote a song back in the sixties called "London doesn't swing anymore" and it made the charts in Canada although I cannot remember the recording artist.
    He never spoke about his departure from the Dubs so I guess that the truth will never be known.

Shadowdancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I have been away for a long time so I have a bit of catching up to do but I knew Bob Lynch way back in the day and he was a very kind and decent man.

Here is an article linked onto the Balladeers site from the Three Monkeys people.

http://www.threemonkeysonline.com/als/bobby_lynch_dubliners_kerry_recruit.html

Bob wrote a song back in the sixties called "London doesn't swing anymore" and it made the charts in Canada although I cannot remember the recording artist.
    He never spoke about his departure from the Dubs so I guess that the truth will never be known.

Shadowdancer.
    Wow thanks a lot interesting read.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭driver02

Very good singer nobody did a better recording of “The Kerry Recruit”
    Pity whatever happened with the Dubliners but he was a good bit ahead of other artist who made big money in the Ballad era.
    To be honest I never heard of him until about 2 years ago but I liked his version of songs he recorded.

Advertisement