Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Battery condition or low mileage?

• 15-06-2019 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm going to buy a second hand leaf and was wondering if the condition of the battery or low milage is more important. I'm currently looking at 2 cars. One has battery at 91% and low milage, the other one has twice the milage but battery at 99%. Thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Fx1tfriday wrote: »
    I'm going to buy a second hand leaf and was wondering if the condition of the battery or low milage is more important. I'm currently looking at 2 cars. One has battery at 91% and low milage, the other one has twice the milage but battery at 99%. Thoughts?

Both same year?
    Both same trim level?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fx1tfriday

kceire wrote: »
    Both same year?
    Both same trim level?

Different year, but in reality only 3 months between them. Everything else is the same I think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That 91% battery reading looks funny, what year?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Different year, but in reality only 3 months between them. Everything else is the same I think

Ok. Snipets of info.
    Maybe post both cars to compare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Are they 24 or 30kWh battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

1% loss seems rather low

Stay Free

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

99% is grand, I've a 162 that was 99% at the beginning of the year and only starting to drop recently

macnab wrote: »
    Are they 24 or 30kWh battery?

It's a 24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If the battery is 99% then go with it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

How long are you planning on keeping it. The 99% car will lose a battery bar far later than the other one, so it'll have better resale value in 2 or 3 years time. It'll also have marginally longer range when fully charged (maybe +10km).

Advertisement